Anti Vaxxers

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Anti Vaxxers

Post by Kwacky »

It looks like this covid 19 pandemlc has allowed the American anti vax campaigners to get a foothold in the UK. Twitter and Facebook is awash with it. A recent report shows that 51% of anti vax information on Facebook comes from just two sources.

They've also found that a lot of the anti lockdown and anti vax campaigns come from the same company behind the Leave campaign.

Social media is getting to be quite dangerous.
Jack
Your Bike:

Re: Anti Vaxxers

Post by Jack »

I don't think that social media is more or less dangerous than any other media , people's inability to think and willingness to be led is another matter entirely .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's the speed at which the information travels and the numbers it reaches. People used to stick to the same news channels and newspapers.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I was also reading how the figures for people thinking the Govt is doing a good job are being skewed by social media posts from similar sources and thus others feel they are doing an OK job because social media makes them think that way.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:I was also reading how the figures for people thinking the Govt is doing a good job are being skewed by social media posts from similar sources and thus others feel they are doing an OK job because social media makes them think that way.
Let's be thankful for small mercies mate. ;)

"Ev'ry time I look at you
I don't understand
Why you let the things you did
Get so out of hand
You'd have managed better
If you'd had it planned
Now why'd you choose such a backward time
And such a strange land?
If you'd come today
You could have reached a whole nation
Israel in 4 BC
Had no mass communication
Don't you get me wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,
"
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My brother has gone full anti vax. He's not going to let his kids have any more jabs.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:It's the speed at which the information travels and the numbers it reaches. People used to stick to the same news channels and newspapers.
It's also the ease in which you can place targeted adverts that look professional and convincing. If people see the same thing enough times they start to believe it.

I was looking at a Facebook thread the other day where the same person kept throwing the same website at people who contradicted her. She just said look it's a professional website written by professionals, it has to be right.

The DNS entry for the site had all personal data withheld and even the HTTPS certificate was anonymous from lets encrypt.

There's too many "experts", Karen's, out plain malicious twats that can do this.

At least a paper has some kind of editing control.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I think that the arguments against vaccinations are far outweighed by the benefits of just having them done. There's always going to be some fringe element against about just about anything. They'd complain if they were hung with a new rope. Fcuk 'em, frickin' hippies.
That concludes my dissertation. 8-|
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Anti Vaxxers are some of my favourite people to dislike.

I’ve have been told personally by so called informed people that I had considered friends that I caused my sons Autism by getting him vaccinated.

Like D41 said (jeez I’m agreeing with him again (lol) ) it’s a risk assessment, and the positives out weigh the negatives. Even if vaccinations had caused Byrons autism (which I don’t believe in any way at all) I’d rather still have my son than him dead from some bloody disease.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I have been recently watching Jeff Holiday he gets into the anti vaxxer movement and rips it apart ,he’s worth watching.
I feel for anybody with kids who have special needs having uneducated idiots with false doctorates ramming crap down their throats
I won’t be having a Covid vaccine but have my own reasons for that