The Daily Post Election Politics Thread

Topics covering world politics and political events. To hide this section go to your control panel and join the group "Hide Politics"
Jack
Your Bike:

Re: The Daily Post Election Politics Thread

Post by Jack »

Kwacky wrote:Surprise surprise

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/973/made" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you read this that wouldn't be such a surprise

https://www.factuality.se/hem/https/www ... greatreset
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Surprise surprise

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/973/made" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not before time too imho.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

They've been after the ability to get hold if everyones fingerprints, photos, and bio-metric data for years. They've also been after the ability to track everyones movements and store it all as well. COVID has handed this to them on a silver plate and all the privacy groups can do is sit back and watch our privacy get removed, if they try and do anything against it they get the anti-covid badge thrown at them.

Once the government have got the data they won't give it up. Mark my words, the next thing will be CCTV with facial recognition everywhere, to help track COVID cases obviously. A couple more years and we'll be as controlled and monitored as china.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Plus the recent media outrage over immigrants makes it easier to push through monitoring the population. ID cards can't be far behind
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

D6Nutz wrote:.... A couple more years and we'll be controlled and monitored by china.
Sorry Jon, I just had to correct that for you mate. ;)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:Plus the recent media outrage over immigrants makes it easier to push through monitoring the population. ID cards can't be far behind
I genuinely don't understand why people have such an aversion to the idea of it being compulsory to carry an ID.
Or maybe I'm just used to it...or as the more cynical might suggest, "conditioned" to it.
I've carried one for 30 years now & never given it a second thought. Not to mention Temporary Resident Card, Permanent Resident Card, etc.
...A veritable plethora of IDs..!!

The only time I have given it any thought is on the rare occasion I've left the house without it/them.

Or maybe been stopped & detained at a Border Checkpoint while I stuttered through a phone conversation with my wife, "received a stern warning" from the INS, etc. Stuff like that.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I don’t have an issue with carrying ID, most of us do it in some form anyway, but I do have an issue with being tracked 24/7 and my fingerprints etc being kept by the Government when I have not committed any offence.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I only havev9 fingerprints now anyway so **** them.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:I genuinely don't understand why people have such an aversion to the idea of it being compulsory to carry an ID..
So many people have been brainwashed into believing that they are free, and that their personal details somehow contribute to that (facepalm)

Freedom's just another word for
nothing left to loose
& nothin' ain't worth nothin'
but it's free
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

do you really believe there is information that the government or facebook or the gas board doesn't already have about us ?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's how the data is collected, what data is collected and how it can be used that they are trying to change
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:It's how the data is collected, what data is collected and how it can be used that they are trying to change
If that's genuinely people's concern, then perhaps they should be looking more at Farcebook & the like ;)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

There's ways to play Facebook. Don't do those spots quizzes for a start. Lie about some of your personal information. Minimize the number of groups you're in.

Despite my using the internet since the early 90s there's next to nothing about me when you do a Google search.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

StMarks wrote:
D41 wrote:I genuinely don't understand why people have such an aversion to the idea of it being compulsory to carry an ID..
So many people have been brainwashed into believing that they are free, and that their personal details somehow contribute to that (facepalm)

Freedom's just another word for
nothing left to loose
& nothin' ain't worth nothin'
but it's free
The only true way to be free is to leave the rat race. I have a lot of respect who pack in their job, sell the house and go off and do what they want.

Let's not kid ourselves, the consumerist society does not make us free at all, it positively traps us into it.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote: Let's not kid ourselves, the consumerist society does not make us free at all, it positively traps us into it.
I utterly agree with you. Surely being part of the society we belong to inevitably requires that we peruse dictated courses of conduct,simply rather than do whatever we choose.?

(wait) However..
duke63 wrote:The only true way to be free is to leave the rat race. I have a lot of respect who pack in their job, sell the house and go off and do what they want..
I tend to have a bigoted mistrust of some of those who proclaim to have taken that course. Not all, not the genuine ones.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

My wife works in a special school.

I high proportion of those kids are deemed to have issues simply because they do not fit the criteria our narrow society expects of them. We/It has gone so far down one particular strict road now that it is very difficult to exist out side of it.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

duke63 wrote: Let's not kid ourselves, the consumerist society does not make us free at all, it positively traps us into it.
Only if you allow it to do so.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

By being part of it.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

How much longer is this Country going to allow the jokers in charge to get away with it?

They have had months to prepare for schools going back and months to get the testing process fit for purpose.

One the the women the wife works with has a grandchild who is unwell and told to stay away from school and get tested. Parents attempt to get a test done using the Government helpline system.

The parents get told the nearest and earliest test that can be done is in Bolton next Wednesday. (facepalm) The child is in Lichfield.

And one of the village idiots in charge today comes out with this:

Coronavirus: Testing problems to be solved in weeks, says Hancock

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54163683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:How much longer is this Country going to allow the jokers in charge to get away with it?

They have had months to prepare for schools going back and months to get the testing process fit for purpose.

One the the women the wife works with has a grandchild who is unwell and told to stay away from school and get tested. Parents attempt to get a test done using the Government helpline system.

The parents get told the nearest and earliest test that can be done is in Bolton next Wednesday. (facepalm) The child is in Lichfield.

And one of the village idiots in charge today comes out with this:

Coronavirus: Testing problems to be solved in weeks, says Hancock

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54163683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James has picked up a cold at school, they want him to be tested. The wife has checked it out and we can't get a test at all, plus our nearest testing center is an hours drive away.

Apparently someone locally did manage to get a test, they spent 3 hours constantly on their laptop hitting F5 every 30 seconds until they finally got s test.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti