Blades Speed Triple

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Blades Speed Triple

Post by Rossgo »

That's a good explanation to be honest Blade. Clearly onto a winner for the S3. Sounds like it would be good for the colder months in a sports bike

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Rode the bike with s21 tyres in some very damp conditions and some very heavy down pours at various points this afternoon.

Whilst I'm perhaps an average rider in the dry, I have always been a fair weather rider and a poor wet weather rider. If I get caught in the rain I hate it and normally become nervous and over cautious.

Not so on the s21. Never for a moment did I feel a lack of confidence. Happily making progress and brisk overtakes, with 3 figures possibly on the dash at times. The bike was stable and predictable at all times, even in the odd hairy moment when I'm crossing white painted lines in heavy rain whilst accelerating.

Had the bike out on Supercorsas a few weeks ago in the damp (not rain) and they were twitchy and nervous and eroded confidence.

Still early days, but so far wet or dry I've been impressed with the s21 (y)
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I aquaplaned on my Supercorsas the other day. Only for a moment but was a bit twitchy. It was raining very heavy, I was doing about 70 and my tyres are getting worn though so can understand why. Need to get my angels on. I'm used to wet weather riding and to be fair the Supercorsas have coped surprisingly well in some horrendous conditions
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

D6 wrote:I aquaplaned on my Supercorsas the other day. Only for a moment but was a bit twitchy. It was raining very heavy, I was doing about 70 and my tyres are getting worn though so can understand why. Need to get my angels on. I'm used to wet weather riding and to be fair the Supercorsas have coped surprisingly well in some horrendous conditions
I've said it before but I really like them in the wet.. very predictable just don't try to lean too far and you'll be fine
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

They are not as bad as you'd think. But the angels will be better. Especially for breaking and not less likely to aquaplaned.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

In back to back riding the s21 was significantly better than the OEM supercorsa and let's be honest it should be, that is what it's designed to be in wet conditions.

I'm pretty sure Pirelli did nt have wet weather handling very high up on the Supercorsa design brief.