The next prime minister

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: The next prime minister

Post by Cav »

Exactly that, Duke.

The biggest problem with people not wanting to do the job is the pay, the cost of training now the government don't subsidise it, and also the responsibility and working hours.

The people still in there roles are absolute heroes! Yes, there are some shit doctors but even so, they're doing what they do for other people! They all deserve massive credit and the bursaries and sponsorships need to be reinstated to fill the skills gap.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I know Blair will always get the blame for Iraq, but why do people forget the other Iraq war, or Afghan or Syria? What did we achieve with those apart from now injured and dead and a massive war bill?
Cav

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:
Cav wrote:Did they, or did they not, want freedom from English/British rule?
Johnson's brexit deal makes this a reality.
Can you point me in the right direction for me to get up to speed with you on this...?
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

And while we're talking national security, the British intelligence services have refused to fully brief Johnson as they don't trust him.

And there's a report showing Johnson's dealings with Russia which he refuses to publish.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Not to mention he's the 2nd unelected Prime Minister in a row...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

N. ireland wanted to stay part of the UK and still does. So the IRA were fighting for their own greed really

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

https://www.ft.com/content/08ae76c2-f19 ... afa498db1b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2019/10/2 ... -question/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cav, there are a few articles on how Johnson's deal is likely to unify Ireland. In brief his deal puts the EU/UK border outside of Ireland. North Ireland is going to be linked closer to the south to allow trade to flow. He thinks it's a clever solution to the backstop issue, but the backstop was a failsafe mechanism. Johnson's deal creates a problem and the most likely solution is a unified Ireland.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Monty wrote:People like you Ross scare me much more than any terrorist.
I'm just saying what I've read and watched on the news to be honest and labour isn't for me.

I'm fairly certainly I wouldn't scare you buddy, compared to what others have been through in fairly recent years due to extremists. 9.11 7.7 and Lee Rigby.

Cav

Post by Cav »

Rossgo wrote:
N. ireland wanted to stay part of the UK and still does. So the IRA were fighting for their own greed really

Well the UK want to leave the European Union... except 48% don't... therefore the UK doesn't want to leave the European Union, only some.

I'm not being a knob here, I'm just pointing out that there is always a disagreement, a compromise. I'm not condoning their actions but they did what they did because they fought for what they thought was right.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo wrote:N. ireland wanted to stay part of the UK and still does. So the IRA were fighting for their own greed really
When I'm talking about the IRA I'm talking about the terrorists from the 1960s onwards, not the original IRA

Most IRA volunteers come from the borders in Northern Ireland. There's a reason why it's called Bandit Country.

A lot of funds for the IRA came from the USA. People like Donald Trump were frequently seen at fund raising events.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 67601.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the last Northern Ireland poll 51% of people asked said they wanted unification.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 88280.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Rossgo wrote:
Monty wrote:People like you Ross scare me much more than any terrorist.
I'm just saying what I've read and watched on the news to be honest and labour isn't for me.
That's exactly what scares the sh!t out of me!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

As for Islamic terrorists their funding comes from Saudi Arabia.

Guess which political party has ties with the Saudis?

Then guess which political party wants to stop the flow of money into UK Mosques from Saudi Arabia?

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... udi-arabia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cav

Post by Cav »

Aren't Saudi the biggest buyer of UK arms exports? Israel are USA's biggest IIRC.

It's a disgrace what the world leaders can get away with.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Problem is who is the right party to vote for? Its really difficult, it's not the same old election as usual. No one has ever voted on such an incredibly important decision in recent history. This is our whole lives in a bucket and I kind of feel like we are all digging around in the said bucket for a name to be randomly picked. Everyone is split, I've heard a lot of people saying they won't even vote due to not being listened to in 2016

Cav

Post by Cav »

I'm voting for what's important to me.. the NHS.

I'm also voting smart/tactical by checking who is likely to be able to get the seat in my constituency and choosing the best out of them (best for me).

I do my own research on what matters to me and don't just watch the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Cnuts).

Not voting is outrageous to me.. people died for the vote and people are still dying every day to try and get a democracy in their countries.

No one will change your opinion, you'll need to do all your own research for yourself if you feel strongly enough to do so, Rossgo :)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Rossgo wrote:Problem is who is the right party to vote for? Its really difficult, it's not the same old election as usual. No one has ever voted on such an incredibly important decision in recent history. This is our whole lives in a bucket and I kind of feel like we are all digging around in the said bucket for a name to be randomly picked. Everyone is split, I've heard a lot of people saying they won't even vote due to not being listened to in 2016

This is probably the most sense you've ever made in a post. And your 100% right.

This election will be a defining moment of UK history for decades to come.

IMO it's time to forget who you've already voted for, time to forget what the parties normally stand for, and time to forget historic party decisions. The party (or parties) that we vote for have full control over the future of our children and grand children. So think very carefully about where you place the big X.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav I didn't say you were being a nob. I have never called anyone here that. I respect everyone's views, like I have said I like people have view points if they want to argue with me then I'm absolutely fine with it as long as its fairly respectful. The occasional 'dickface' comment can be lobbed in with me not looking down at people

My personal belief and belief from many were they were and still are a terrorist organisation who bullied their views onto people and killed innocent people and killed soldiers when soldiers weren't allowed to even protect themselves. They are terroists

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Cav wrote:Aren't Saudi the biggest buyer of UK arms exports? Israel are USA's biggest IIRC.

It's a disgrace what the world leaders can get away with.
That's correct, both nations buy arms from their allies...countries exporting weapons typically don't sell them to their enemies, it's considered "bad form".
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Regarding arms trading and deals..of course Britain makes loads of money from arms trading. We are one of the biggest suppliers around the world. Taliban was back by the US until it went south. Where there is crisis there is money to be made.

But we aren't discussing that, that is and will always be one of the UK, USA, France, Germany, infact any western countries source of income and there is no changing that

We all seen what happens when Earth gives up their arms, aliens come and invade (The Simpsons!)