The next prime minister

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Re: The next prime minister

Post by Monty »

Kwacky wrote:
StMarks wrote:
Thank you for clearing that up Monty, somewhat less ambiguous than your 'lustrious leader .
Nicely played :)
It's very easy for me, I'm not walking the tight rope of haemorrhaging votes to leavers in Labour heartlands and remainers in urban centres.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

bb41 wrote:
Monty wrote:
StMarks wrote:So Blade, BB41, Rossgo, Monty etc,,, please ask yourselves what does it actually mean to you, when you say you want out of Europe.
Hey, you leave me out of it, I'm remain and reform. I've accepted the democratic vote to leave, but if we have to have a confirmatory vote on the outcome of the deal then so be it.

To those putting a cross next to any ultra right-wing party across Europe, not just the UK, all I can say is, well done. These utter bastards including "our Nigel" literally have traceable links to white supremacists.

We had the chance to say F you to these hateful bigots and you've not only elevated them to power but also strengthened the far right across the whole EU.

In my mind that either makes you politically ignorant or a hateful bastard just like them.
I try not to be rude in my opinion , I think it helps. Having a different opinion is good, and that is what it is, a different opinion ...not wrong
While I would normally agree with you on that, I make an exception with anyone that supports the far right. It's not just a different opinion, it's a nasty, bigoted, evil ideology that needs to be stamped out.

What we are seeing here isn't too dissimilar to the 1930s
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

And look how the 1930s ended.

As i said earlier, right wing politics only ever ends one way and that is with war.

Eventually everyone becomes their enemy, even those who start out supporting them. Its never been any different.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

You're 100% right about the outcome of the referendum. Leave voters turned up at the polling stations while far too many Remainers stayed at home.

I also agree that it should not have been a simple majority decision. Again, that was complacency on Cameron's part.

I also agree about Blair. What he did was wrong, it cost the lives of servicemen and women, cost the country billions and it was all based on a lie.

Boris is a clown. That's me being polite. But far too many people think he's ok because he's a bit posh and you know how much us Brits love a toff. His stint as mayor should be more than a fair warning of his inability to run office at any level. Even now he's flip flopping on whether he would deliver a hard or a negotiated Brexit. Boris would just be a puppet.

I suspect the Tories will pick someone who hasn't had a lot to do with May's failed attempt to deliver Brexit. All of the candidates are saying the same thing about delivering Brexit just to appease voters. Whether they can is another matter.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I'm not a total Boris fan but I do believe in this transition he will be the best and will be capable of being a lot better match against Corbyn especially at PMQ's ...far better than May ever was.

My biggest fear is a Corbyn government , whether Boris is right to continue into a GE then the jury is out but for now I think he will serve his purpose and he was elected Mayor twice
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I still suspect the Tory party will not survive this leadership contest intact.

10 candidates? Some of whom say a No Deal Brexit, using their words, is political suicide.

My gut feeling is Johnson wont make it to the last two, when the whole Party vote. His wife, who is still is wife, has loads of dirt to share to the media.
Monty

Post by Monty »

I'll get my popcorn ready, I've been waiting years for this. Just a shame they won't put their country before their party and do the decent thing. Sadly they will drag the country down with them.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:I still suspect the Tory party will not survive this leadership contest intact.

10 candidates? Some of whom say a No Deal Brexit, using their words, is political suicide.

My gut feeling is Johnson wont make it to the last two, when the whole Party vote. His wife, who is still is wife, has loads of dirt to share to the media.
Let's hope so!
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I have heard Johnson's daughter also dislikes him enough to be ready to dish some dirt on him.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I'm not sure his marital shenanigans is a way forward to judge someones policy on Brexit , my own personal life has been a bit wayward at times and my parental skills were questionable at times .. no one has ever got it right .

I think he is sensible going for a quickie divorce to put that to bed and a scorned spouse is always going to feel distaste especially when a 3rd party is involved ..irrelevant IMHO .. If that's all he has to worry about then I doubt he is too concerned

If I was an ex spouse then I would do so with dignified silence as I have done in the past .. I always held my head high and kept my mouth shut , far more dignified
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Good for you.
I like a girl who knows her place.
:D
Monty

Post by Monty »

The next Prime Minister won't be decided by the people of the UK, they'll be picked by a tiny clique of around 70,000 Tory party and ex UKIP members playing a game of "who's your favourite Brextremist".

This is terrifying, but far worse the Tory candidates squabbling to succeed Theresa May will all have to spend the next few months grovelling to the DUP. The most right wing party in Westminster because without their backing the Tories will be short of a majority. Which would make the Brexit chaos even more unworkable than it already is.

It's mathematically possible that if the DUP refuse to play along the pro-austerity, pro-privatisation Lib-Dem and CUK squatter neoliberals could back up the next Tory leader. Since both parties have already publicly pledged their allegiance to Theresa May before she resigned of her own accord, it's not entirely impossible that these Ass Hats could end up propping up the Tories in return for a tiny taste of second hand Tory power. They did it before, at least the Lib-Dems did.

Whoever the Tory members decide on, the biggest issue they're going to face is convincing other political parties to drink from the poisoned chalice by going into coalition with them, otherwise deadlock and another general election look like an absolute certainty.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

Who would you like to see running the country, Monty..??
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm hoping that the LibDems have learned their lesson from the last shafting the Tory party gave them
Monty

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:Who would you like to see running the country, Monty..??
Clement Attlee (lol)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

(rolf) (rolf) (rolf)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

At the end of the day we had a vote. The people voted. What was wrong with that. We need people over in Europe telling them how it is. We are part of Europe but not tied to it. We can trade with them but not be governed by them. It's not the 1930s we won't be seeing a war in Europe again. The only war we will rage is a trade war. If a war does happen it would just be in retaliation to prob a country like Russia. Our country is at breaking point if this was 400 years ago we would of broke out in a civil war.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
D41

Post by D41 »

Er.....400 years ago you DID have a civil war!
Or thereabouts ...1650 or sommit. Ish.
Monty

Post by Monty »

(rolf) (rolf) (rolf) (rolf)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

New wars are fought now on line, with social media, disinformation and misdirection. Any modern county putting soldiers in the field will do so knowing that the war has already been won.

It might be a bit tinfoil hat but there's a lot of very good discussion online about how a country like Russia could cause division in a country doing little more than using facebook and twitter. Some people argue that issues such as gender fluidity were created to cause rifts between generations and people with different views. The same can be said about Brexit, immigration, certain crimes.

Remember how on the lead up to the Brexit vote we were bombarded with stories about immigrants raping or stealing, how German towns were under siege, French cities on fire because of rioting immigrants, pictures of boatloads of immigrants trying to get to Europe?

Media manipulation.

Where are those tales now?

Have the boats all gone?

Where are the stories about Syrian refugees going home and rebuilding destroyed cities?

How Swedish biker gangs gave immigrants weapons to do their dirty work?

Russia won't launch an attack with it's soldiers. It'll use computers to cause us to fall out with each other. Once the US, UK and EU are at each others throats, Russia will continue to expand knowing that its enemies are distracted.

It's a modern version of what the Russians call "Deep Operation" and maskirovka.

Anyway, back on topic. I see Rory Stewart is inviting people to chat with him in Kew Gardens. That sounds like cottaging to me :D

A divided nation is far easier to manipulate than a united one.