The next prime minister

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: The next prime minister

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote:Whether you like Farage or not, one thing he has got is a consistent message. There are so many career politicians changing their view with the wind these days, but good old Nige stands by what he believes in and as many others share his views (Tankslap majority excluded (blush) ) it is no surprise he is gaining popularity..

c
Apart from when he quit politics?

Twice?

Saying he wanted a negotiated exit from the EU?

Saying he supports British fishermen but turned up zero times for votes about their future.

Saying he wants investment in Britain and then moving his funds overseas?

That sort of thing?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

And the fact he wants to do away with the NHS (which would make riding bikes only available to the very wealthiest) and he wants people to be allowed to carry hand guns.

Right wing politics only ever ends one way - war, death an destruction. There has never been an exception to this.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:Whether you like Farage or not, one thing he has got is a consistent message. There are so many career politicians changing their view with the wind these days, but good old Nige stands by what he believes in and as many others share his views (Tankslap majority excluded (blush) ) it is no surprise he is gaining popularity..

Bomb thrown. Blade walks away to enjoy another Mexcian cold beer :P
Well said Blade. I agree to be honest. He's been in politics for so many years he's cracked on and on and his voice is being heard now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo wrote:Well said Blade. I agree to be honest. He's been in politics for so many years he's cracked on and on and his voice is being heard now.
People have been saying the same about Corbyn.

So what is it that Farage has been saying for years that is finally being listened to? That he wants a second referendum?

That workers rights should be abolished?

Insurance based health care?

Selective schooling?

Company owned schooling?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

At end of the day he banged on the same drum about getting out of Europe. Regardless of the rest he's stuck to his guns on that one. A little reminder that the generation before myself, voted in Blair. What a c()ck up he made of the country.

bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

At the minute Mr Farage is doing everyone a favour whether you agree with him or not .

The Tories fear him more than Labour right now and Labour haven't got a clue what they are doing.. slipping further and further away from anyone , especially at a time when they should be capitalising on the dire tory mob., if that's the best they can do then god help them

If the tories don't elect anyone other than a hardline Brexiteer and have us out by halloween then people will be so fed up with it all I can see Mr F gaining even more momentum.

You are all asking about his policies but TBH a lot of people want the Brexit out of the way before anything else is done and whilst everyone is dithering nothing is being sorted...anywhere

I don't think it would be a divided vote and that we would see JC in number 10 as he is now becoming a laughing stock especially by his old school voters .

Farage might be against what most of you feel , but to a lot he is a breath of fresh air, it will hopefully give both Tory and Labour a kick in the gonads to get Brexit done

The tories had a terrible election night but look what happened to Labour in Wales, they don't know their a*** from their elbow at the min

FWIW labour with McD, Abbot , Thornberry and JC at the top they just haven't got the necessary to ever be in Gov't .

I am a Tory voter but did put my X on the Brexit Party last Thursday , if there is to be a GE and on 31.10.2019 the Tories are still dithering about my X will go to the Brexit Party guaranteed and so many others will do the same .

I think everyone agrees that Brexit needs to be done to move forward , so let's get it done .

No need for 2nd referendum's it's not necessary and for those who add all the other figures up from the EU figures to get a remain outcome , I think that an analogy has been blown out of the water numerous times now , that's just being a sore loser. If the figures were the other way round you wouldn't be accepting it either

Tin hat still firmly in place
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo wrote:At end of the day he banged on the same drum about getting out of Europe. Regardless of the rest he's stuck to his guns on that one. A little reminder that the generation before myself, voted in Blair. What a c()ck up he made of the country.
I'm no fan of Blair but he gave us a period of social and economic stability beyond anything I have seen from any prime minister in my lifetime.

What did he do so badly wrong for the country?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

bb41 wrote: You are all asking about his policies but TBH a lot of people want the Brexit out of the way before anything else is done and whilst everyone is dithering nothing is being sorted...anywhere

if there is to be a GE and on 31.10.2019 the Tories are still dithering about my X will go to the Brexit Party guaranteed and so many others will do the same .

I think everyone agrees that Brexit needs to be done to move forward , so let's get it done .

I'm going to swerve the Brexit issue, as there's another thread for that.

As for Farage, if someone is looking after pretty much every aspect of my life, is responsible for tax decisions, public spending, the police, the schools, hospitals, the armed forces, I would want something a bit more than "I'll deliver Brexit".
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Why do Brexit voters only ever assume that the whole Country voted for Brexit? It didn't. Nearly as many voted against.

If the next PM takes the hard line stance it will certainly be the end of the United Kingdom.

Scotland will take independence without a doubt and i suspect Northern Ireland might well decide they are better off re-uniting Ireland and leaving the UK.

Its ironic that those politicians who bang in about how great the UK is, may well be the ones that destroy it.

Imagine needing a passport to get into Scotland, Ireland and maybe even Wales?
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Blade wrote:Whether you like Farage or not, one thing he has got is a consistent message.....
Presumably you will be referring to him having built his career on consistently wanting Brexit ?
bb41 wrote:At the minute Mr Farage is doing everyone a favour whether you agree with him or not . ....
He is the one character with a clear simple and consistent sounding message, that makes it easy for a lot of people to identify with.

Labour & conservatives have lost huge swathes of their electorate to him, because he gave them what they wanted to hear simply & unambiguously. Seeing his win as a protest vote, & sending the other parties a loud message that confidence in the current political system is lost, may turn out to be "a favour".

However his career based message of "Brexit", to me is simply a slogan or a euphemism.
Imho it is voted for as an expression of dissatisfaction. They are voting with a genuine & heartfelt desire to change & control situations that are concerning them, that they feel powerless to affect under the current system.
I personally have a deal of respect with those of you who therefore vote that way.! Furthermore you're making the effort & voting ( better than the apathetic plebs who don't even bother to express a view because they don't / can't care ).

However, as I wrote above, imho Brexit is not "a thing" it's a slogan/euphemism.

You "want out of Europe".??? -What do you suggest, we all "up anchor" & start paddling out into the Atlantic towards the USA.! Obviously not, We are where we are.

So Blade, BB41, Rossgo, Monty etc,,, please ask yourselves what does it actually mean to you, when you say you want out of Europe.
Last edited by StMarks on 28 May 2019, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

bb41 wrote:At the minute Mr Farage is doing everyone a favour whether you agree with him or not .

The Tories fear him more than Labour right now and Labour haven't got a clue what they are doing.. slipping further and further away from anyone , especially at a time when they should be capitalising on the dire tory mob., if that's the best they can do then god help them

If the tories don't elect anyone other than a hardline Brexiteer and have us out by halloween then people will be so fed up with it all I can see Mr F gaining even more momentum.

You are all asking about his policies but TBH a lot of people want the Brexit out of the way before anything else is done and whilst everyone is dithering nothing is being sorted...anywhere

I don't think it would be a divided vote and that we would see JC in number 10 as he is now becoming a laughing stock especially by his old school voters .

Farage might be against what most of you feel , but to a lot he is a breath of fresh air, it will hopefully give both Tory and Labour a kick in the gonads to get Brexit done

The tories had a terrible election night but look what happened to Labour in Wales, they don't know their a*** from their elbow at the min

FWIW labour with McD, Abbot , Thornberry and JC at the top they just haven't got the necessary to ever be in Gov't .

I am a Tory voter but did put my X on the Brexit Party last Thursday , if there is to be a GE and on 31.10.2019 the Tories are still dithering about my X will go to the Brexit Party guaranteed and so many others will do the same .

No need for 2nd referendum's it's not necessary and for those who add all the other figures up from the EU figures to get a remain outcome , I think that an analogy has been blown out of the water numerous times now , that's just being a sore loser. If the figures were the other way round you wouldn't be accepting it either

All.i can say is Snap! Well put

duke63

Post by duke63 »

All this thread proves, like every other Brexit thread everywhere is how deeply divided the UK is on this issue.

There has to be a compromise somewhere and Farage does not believe in compromises.

If whoever leads the Country does not take the dissatisfied half with them, they will not last very long, and nor will the UK.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:
Rossgo wrote:At end of the day he banged on the same drum about getting out of Europe. Regardless of the rest he's stuck to his guns on that one. A little reminder that the generation before myself, voted in Blair. What a c()ck up he made of the country.
I'm no fan of Blair but he gave us a period of social and economic stability beyond anything I have seen from any prime minister in my lifetime.

What did he do so badly wrong for the country?
Up bushes arse
Sexed up a war report
Started a war under false issues
Allowed 7/7 to happen
Didnt control our immigration
Now banging on about Brexit

Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

StMarks wrote:So Blade, BB41, Rossgo, Monty etc,,, please ask yourselves what does it actually mean to you, when you say you want out of Europe.
Hey, you leave me out of it, I'm remain and reform. I've accepted the democratic vote to leave, but if we have to have a confirmatory vote on the outcome of the deal then so be it.

To those putting a cross next to any ultra right-wing party across Europe, not just the UK, all I can say is, well done. These utter bastards including "our Nigel" literally have traceable links to white supremacists.

We had the chance to say F you to these hateful bigots and you've not only elevated them to power but also strengthened the far right across the whole EU.

In my mind that either makes you politically ignorant or a hateful bastard just like them.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Monty wrote:Hey, you leave me out of it, I'm remain and reform.......
;)
Thank you for clearing that up Monty, somewhat less ambiguous than your 'lustrious leader .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Up bushes arse - as every UK PM has been to every US president since the 30s

Sexed up a war report - agreed

Started a war under false issues - agreed

Allowed 7/7 to happen - unless you've seen something to support that, that's one hell of a statement.

Didnt control our immigration - You know who is most responsible for not doing that? The Conservatives. There is EU law in place that gives countries the immigration controls a lot of Leavers want, but the Tories tried it, found it was too expensive to run and dropped it.

Now banging on about Brexit - not as our PM though

You won't find a PM that's universally liked, that's just impossible. At lot of Labour voters didn't like him as he was too far to the centre, almost Tory lite, but Blair did more good than harm IMO. It was Cameron's decision to undo a lot of what Blair set up by bringing in austerity that's caused a lot of divisions in this country.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

StMarks wrote:
Thank you for clearing that up Monty, somewhat less ambiguous than your 'lustrious leader .
Nicely played :)
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I'm with st marks , I believe the dissatisfaction and disenfranchisement of the working class has been subverted by the very people that they should be rallying against . The poorer sections of society have seen their wages eroded , taxes increased and services decreased to the point where some are almost non existent and others are ineffectual , the fault of the elites siphoning cash away to various tax havens , corporations that do what they want in regards to tax by means of creative accounting and loopholes in the laws that our politicians refuse to close . We are then asked to have faith that the greedy self serving ar$eholes in government who swindle the public out of millions in expenses to put things right .
bb41

Post by bb41 »

.......and this is what has gone drastically wrong with the first referendum.

Too many MP's on all sides never for one minute thought that a leave vote would gain the majority, even as I put my X next to leave no matter how much I thought it was right , I never expected it to happen.

Even watching as the voting unfolded I can remember going to bed thinking all was lost and yet to wake up and see what the result actually was surprised pretty much all of us . I don't think anyone saw it coming

The problem was there should have been a margin in which Leave had to reach to implement the vote ,, and yes you are always going to be against a vast majority of people now and country is divided .

I don't buy this " leavers have now changed their mind". the same way there aren't swathes of people who voted remain who have changed theirs either , both camps can say the same and until at the polling station only the person who marks the paper knows the truth

I believe to be strapped to a group of politicians in a different country who decide on so many legislations that are implemented in our country is inherently wrong .

We aren't spectacularly upping sticks and moving our little island off into the Atlantic somewhere, we are still in Europe just not tied to the rules and regulations of Brussels... and the whole of last Thursdays vote across Europe show that changes are due.

Centralist left and right were hit , of course Brussels wasn't going to make it easy, which is why an MP should never have done the negotiating of the deal . Someone who negotiates big deals wouldn't have removed the threat of "No Deal" to get a good deal , in anything you need to be prepared to walk away if you can't get the best . Simple business strategy

I don't agree with Kwacky re: Blair , Imo he should be on trial , whatever you think of his economic strategies, they were all lost on the decision he made on going to war

Just listening to Miss Abbott with Nick Robinson earlier and can anyone explain how she is still an MP?, the woman is a 1st class numpty and that's being kind

No the Tories have nothing to fear in Labour as they are now but Mr Farage is gaining momentum and he is very good at building on that momentum . The tories are listening, I just wonder if Labour are . Without decent opposition then the tories won't be any better.

Having Mr Farage giving his battle cry it's enough to rattle the tory cage a lot

...but back on track with the title of the thread. I'd like it to be Boris until the next GE and then see what happens in the next few months . I am appalled to actually think this and possibly say it out loud but another female PM won't work with some of the chauvinist in Brussels
bb41

Post by bb41 »

Monty wrote:
StMarks wrote:So Blade, BB41, Rossgo, Monty etc,,, please ask yourselves what does it actually mean to you, when you say you want out of Europe.
Hey, you leave me out of it, I'm remain and reform. I've accepted the democratic vote to leave, but if we have to have a confirmatory vote on the outcome of the deal then so be it.

To those putting a cross next to any ultra right-wing party across Europe, not just the UK, all I can say is, well done. These utter bastards including "our Nigel" literally have traceable links to white supremacists.

We had the chance to say F you to these hateful bigots and you've not only elevated them to power but also strengthened the far right across the whole EU.

In my mind that either makes you politically ignorant or a hateful bastard just like them.
I try not to be rude in my opinions , I think it helps. Having a different opinion is good, and that is what it is , a different opinion ...not wrong