SPOILERS!! Avengers - End Game - SPOILERS!!

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

SPOILERS!! Avengers - End Game - SPOILERS!!

Post by Kwacky »

I'm off with the family to see it tonight. God knows how I've not seen any spoilers yet.

I've watched a few of the Marvel films recently to get up to speed with what's been going on. Age of Ultron was the last one I saw and that probably told us the most.

Lets hope it's worth the 3 hours of my life.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Re: Avengers - End Game

Post by Itchy »

Make sure you have a wee-wee before it starts.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm taking an empty water bottle :D
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

I'd be interested in your view as i haven't seen it yet, so a spoiler free opinion would be good.
Kwacky

Re: Avengers - End Game - SPOILER FREE

Post by Kwacky »

Ok, I'll keep the thread spoiler free for a bit.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:Ok, I'll keep the thread spoiler free for a bit.
Ta. If the title changes to spoilers i know not to look :D
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I saw it opening weekend and I loved it, trying to plan a trip to go see it again! but im a huge marvel geek, seen every movie multiple times and still read comics basically weekly. I think its the first time ive ever been in a cinema and there was a round of applause afterwards! (I didn't clap, that felt weird haha)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I've not seen it yet - or any of the game of thrones. Trying to avoid spoilers is a bloody nightmare. Luckily i'm not really on social media much.

I have heard people say they reckon the end game movie is the best one .
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Post by T.C. »

Fantastic film and the 3 hours duration will fly.

For those of us who have followed all 21 previous Marvel films it does tidy up many of the loose ends and the humour is brilliant, especially Chris Hemsworth and without giving anything away there are one or 2 surprises.

Highly recommended

I hope you enjoy it. I plan to go and see it again.
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I enjoyed that. There was a nice balance to the film, not spending too long where it could have lingered. I can see why people say it could have been two films but I think they got it right. It certainly didn't feel like 3 hours.

It took a different direction to what I expected and that was a good thing.

I'll keep the thread spoiler free for a couple more days then I'll want to start taking about the film. There's a couple of holes I want to discuss.
Kwacky

Re: SPOILERS!! Avengers - End Game - SPOILERS!!

Post by Kwacky »

FILM SPOILERS BELOW

A couple of niggles. One minute a few of them were struggling to get the stones, then they all drop in together. Now I get that they were time travelling so could arrive together, but it seemed to be a jump from "oh, we might not do this" to "ta-da! got the stones".

Captain Marvel is just too powerful, which is probably why she's not in it much.

I missed the bit where Capt America could use Thor's hammer. Is it just a case of he's worty or was there something in one of the films I missed?

Who was the tall dark haired kid standing on his on near the end? He was behind Red Witch and Hawkeye at the funeral.

Does Sam Wilson now have CA powers or does he still retain his Falcon powers? Surely it's more than just handed over the shield?
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

A couple of niggles. One minute a few of them were struggling to get the stones, then they all drop in together. Now I get that they were time travelling so could arrive together, but it seemed to be a jump from "oh, we might not do this" to "ta-da! got the stones". - yes I assumed this was to so with Scott Lang's earlier comment about time working differently in the quantum realm, also backed up towards the end when Hulk says as long as he needs, but for us seconds

Captain Marvel is just too powerful, which is probably why she's not in it much. - I agree entirely, I personally feel she should be on the same level as Thor (in comics she isn't as powerful as Thor), great character, just too powerful

I missed the bit where Capt America could use Thor's hammer. Is it just a case of he's worty or was there something in one of the films I missed? - nothing missed, just in that moment he is worthy and then possesses the power of Thor

Who was the tall dark haired kid standing on his on near the end? He was behind Red Witch and Hawkeye at the funeral. - Me and Abbie discussed this, I think., and im not 100% sure he was the young lad that finds Tony suffering from PTSD in a barn in Iron Man 3 and helps he get over all of that, but im not sure and happy to be corrected

Does Sam Wilson now have CA powers or does he still retain his Falcon powers? Surely it's more than just handed over the shield? in the comics he basically just rebrands himself as Cap, keeps his falcon suit and is basically justa star spangled banner version of himself, I think its more the idea of Cap rather than the powers thast powerful - he cant have the powers as there is no more super serum (unless they used their shiney new time machine but thast getting far too into it)

https://www.deviantart.com/ehnony/art/S ... -631110090

That's my take on them, getting my Geek on!
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cheers GeekBoy.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Hey I gotta be good at something right ;)
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Cavetroll87 wrote:Who was the tall dark haired kid standing on his on near the end? He was behind Red Witch and Hawkeye at the funeral. - Me and Abbie discussed this, I think., and im not 100% sure he was the young lad that finds Tony suffering from PTSD in a barn in Iron Man 3 and helps he get over all of that, but im not sure and happy to be corrected

Nope, spot on.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

MiniGee and Mrs Gee spotted the lad, I missed it though because I was looking for Nick Fury, but they confirmed he was “the friend of the Mechanic”.

As for Loki disappearing with the Tesseract, MiniGee who is a huge geek for the MCU explains it thus, as it’s in a different timeline, it’s irrelevant because it will be corrected after the stones are returned to their original positions by the Cap, we suspect the part of the film that makes this clear is on the cutting room floor, it may be included in a disc version in the deleted scenes.

Re Mjolnir and Cap, in the first Thor film, Odin whispers to the Hammer, “Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor”, hence Cap being worthy of holding the hammer. HTH.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I imagine they are gunna play with the Loki tesseract thing though as the Disney streaming service has a confirmed Loki series coming featuring Tom Hiddlestone so thast how they could do that.

The Disney streaming service has confirmed so far a Scarlet Witch series, a Falcon (Cap) and Bucky show and the Loki one, all tied to the MCU and all featuring actors from the movies with budgets to rival the movies
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

They're supposed to be picking up a few of the Netflix marvel shows as well including Daredevil and Punisher.

I wonder how much Disney will be charging for this channel?
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

they are going down the alternate universe/multiverse route , see the new spiderman trailer . This gives them the freedom to explore other Marvel stories from the comics and the ability to make new stories .
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Kwacky wrote:

I wonder how much Disney will be charging for this channel?