Weekend plans

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Weekend plans

Post by Kwacky »

So what is everyone up to?

Out tonight at the football then meeting a mate for a few beers and a catch up. It sounds like he's having a rough time. As if MS isn't bad enough he's got depression. Not sure spending time with me is good therapy :D

Tomorrow my lad is at black belt training. I'm hoping to get an hour to clean the bike.

Sunday my daughter is at a dance comp so I've got mini me for the day. Much depends on the weather, if it's crap I'll take him to see the Batman movie.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Weekend plans

Post by Cav »

My girlfriend and I are viewing a house tomorrow - very nerve-wracking times ahead!!

We had a decision in principle come through which annoyingly leaves us £6k short of the house we are viewing so it is highly unlikely we will get it.

Other than that it's just football and building a trailer stand
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

1st meeting of the season at Brands for the weekend , in the cold and wet in a tent .
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote:My girlfriend and I are viewing a house tomorrow - very nerve-wracking times ahead!!

We had a decision in principle come through which annoyingly leaves us £6k short of the house we are viewing so it is highly unlikely we will get it.

Unless there is a high demand in the area asking price will be a hope and not necessarily a reality. If you like it put an offer in £5-10K lower than you can afford. If they come back your in the ball park.

Some say don't buy the first house you see but if it ticks all your requirements I say why not. My first house in Aussie I bought I saw first. Then looked at probably 15-20 more. The first one was the one I bought.

Good luck mate
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav

Post by Cav »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Cav wrote:My girlfriend and I are viewing a house tomorrow - very nerve-wracking times ahead!!

Unless there is a high demand in the area asking price will be a hope and not necessarily a reality. If you like it put an offer in £5-10K lower than you can afford. If they come back your in the ball park.

Some say don't buy the first house you see but if it ticks all your requirements I say why not. My first house in Aussie I bought I saw first. Then looked at probably 15-20 more. The first one was the one I bought.

Good luck mate
It'll be the first we've viewed but it's the first we're viewing because it's the first that ticks the boxes.

This house will get snapped up in no time:
£180k
3-bed semi (2x doubles, 1x single)
garage
large garden
off-road parking for 3 cars plus car port for 1 more

No onward chain either and it's an open house viewing. It'll be sold by Monday. We will likely put in an offer of £170k. Need a bit of work done to it so need to keep some money back for redoing it - kitchen needs doing the most
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I need to move. There's a house around the corner from me, with 4 bedrooms but a small garden, that's going for £400k.

A house like that one you've detailed would be worth about £350k around my way. That'll go up to £450k within a mile down the road towards the city centre.
Cav

Post by Cav »

In certain areas near me this house would be worth north of £600k and as low as £140k.. It's a really poor area in general but with pockets of very wealthy areas (welcome to the cotswolds)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's true for a lot of places. There were two brand new estates being built near Redditch, at the same time. They were identical in every way apart from their location. One was close to an old council estate, the other was further out and closer to an expensive area.

A 4 bed semi was £200k more in the second estate.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

The whole way we build and finance house building in the UK is broken, I see it every day as I work with the designers and the house builders.

Met this guy a few weeks ago through work and he makes a lot of sense. Very refreshing!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlt6kaNjoeI[/video]
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Once homes became seen as an investment rather than a place to live, then the slope got very slippery.

There really needs to be strict rules in place regarding second homes and buy to let.

Hope it all works out for you, cav.

I'm off to Milbrook Proving ground tomorrow to taz around in some Alfa Romeos.
Hondaboy63
Your Bike: S1000rr x 2.

Post by Hondaboy63 »

Tonight,
looking on all the forums, for spares for my track bikes, and mods for my road bike. Attempting to advertise excess parts, for sale, that i no longer require.
Tomorrow, going to the surgeon, to have my arm X-rayed again, after a bone graft from my pelvis. My arm was broken in 4 places, and 1 break has defied being joined. The joys of trackdays.

Bought a new car today. Wife in hospital for 9 hours with suspected stroke.
Caught speeding, and received my first points in over 25 years. It was overdue.

Bloody hell i need a beer. Taken that.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Hondaboy63 wrote:Tonight,
looking on all the forums, for spares for my track bikes, and mods for my road bike. Attempting to advertise excess parts, for sale, that i no longer require.
Tomorrow, going to the surgeon, to have my arm X-rayed again, after a bone graft from my pelvis. My arm was broken in 4 places, and 1 break has defied being joined. The joys of trackdays.

Bought a new car today. Wife in hospital for 9 hours with suspected stroke.
Caught speeding, and received my first points in over 25 years. It was overdue.

Bloody hell i need a beer. Taken that.
Ok you win!! I was going to whinge about my leaking roof but in retrospect it's nothing.

Hope your wife is ok and no lasting problems. Enjoy the beer mate!!!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Bloody hell, that's one hell of an opening post.

I hope all gets sorted out for the best and soon.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Kwacky wrote:Bloody hell, that's one hell of an opening post.

I hope all gets sorted out for the best and soon.
My thoughts exactly. Fingers crossed for you and the Missus HB63.

Our Weekend is pretty laid back tbh, lunch out then shopping (ugh) for essentials, with a mandatory visit to the deli, homemade pizza tonight and a film. Tomorrow is clearing out my garage that has accumulated yet another pile of crap that I'm having to climb over to get to the bikes or my filing cabinets (work stuff), fed up so its all going. In all a very boring weekend tbh.