Bemoto Insurance

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Bemoto Insurance

Post by Rossgo »

So my insurance is up soon and I've been away for the week. As I was coming back from Scotland on Friday I received a text from my bank that I was in debt!! I checked my account and this message was not a fake. So I transferred the funds to pay for my insurance transaction because I didn't realise it was coming out so soon/ been away so had other things on my mind!

Anyway I have wanted to try out Bemoto Insurance as I have heard a lot about them. I rang them up and true to word everything I have heard is correct. They came from Bennetts (I think) and decided they could do a better job for their clients. They have strong relationships with the insurance companies, could give better deals and better still know about bikes themselves!!

When I rang up i was greeted with a very pleasant fella on the other end of the phone. I told him the situation that I'm quite happy with my current insurance but wanted to find out what Bemoto is all about. He spent the time talking to me getting to know my biking history, what type of riding I do what sort of security I have on the bike or around it (which by the way he knew exactly what lock came with the chains I got etc which I was very impressed as some insurance, the workers have no idea what is what)!!

So after an hour on the phone giving details plus getting to know me he manages to beat my last insurance quote, less excess and better level of cover!! Well I am in a bit of trouble now because I was umming and awwwing due to already paying for 2016-2017 insurance. So he did say there is a cancellation period if I decide not to go through with it with zero charge just in case my current insurance won't allow me to cancel it BUT he said they should allow you to if you cancel before the start period which I thought was correct as well.

So anyone needing insurance soon or keep in mind Bemoto I have had a good experience. The guys seem nice and they may just be able to offer you a cheaper price for next years insurance.

bemoto.uk

Give them a call
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Bemoto Insurance

Post by Kwacky »

Good to know. (y)
DeltaT
Your Bike: '03 VTR Firestorm

Post by DeltaT »

if you're insuring a bike as SORN you can also get a 10% discount with them thanks to 44 teeth.
https://bemoto.uk/44-teeth-sorn-and-laid-up-insurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good to hear your experience though, I was wanting to get a price off them when the time comes.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

When I next renew I'll have a clear claims history and full no claims, so I'll be shopping around to see what's on offer. I'll bear this lot in mind.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

I had a quote on the street twin and they just beat Bikesure by a few quid but smashed it with the excess more than halved, full RAC cover and helmet and leather cover. They'll be getting my business at the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Result Tony!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I wonder if as a new company they are underwriting part of the policy excess to get new business in?
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Be interesting to know what they are like with modified bikes.

So far only bikesure have been able to come up with something that doesn't resemble a second mortgage.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:I wonder if as a new company they are underwriting part of the policy excess to get new business in?
Do it now before they ramp up their prices haha!!

Oh also I'm unsure how long your claims were done but Bemoto ask for only 3 year claims history not the now standard 5.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D6Nutz wrote:Be interesting to know what they are like with modified bikes.

So far only bikesure have been able to come up with something that doesn't resemble a second mortgage.
I think I read on 675cc forum that they are pretty good on modified bikes as they understand most people do change bits and pieces
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Resurrecting an old thread here, but what are peoples opinion of Bikesure ?

There quoting me 50% cheaper than my renewal with Swinton (ironically 50% increase previous premium :^ ) and 100% cheaper than Carole Nash who I know have a very good reputation for cover.

Price wise, Bikesure seem very good but as we all know its not just price is value and service that count too. So has anyone used or know of anyone who has used them in anger and in a position to rate the quality of their cover ?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

My renewal quote for Carole Nash is £200 more than the Bikesure quote so my money will be going to Bikesure. I think they are the same company I used when I had my Daytona but I never needed to make a claim with them.
edd1e
Your Bike: Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Post by edd1e »

I have both my bikes insured with Bemoto. £500 for a 2016 KTM 1290 & 2014 RSV4 Factory... 29yo. Bargain. I was paying £650 for the RSV4 alone last year.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I had bike sure. I never had to use them for claiming but their customer services were excellent so if that's anything to go by then I'm sure claim department would be made to work just as hard
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I'm still with bikesure, only company on the market that took the time to find a policy to cover all the mod's on the RSV.

Fortunately, I've not had to claim either. But with the service received so far you would have to hope the claims team are as good.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

I'm with Bemoto after seeing them talked about on here i gave them a call to see what they could do. Since i got rid of my bike and was using a 400cc scooter instead they said that they may not be the most competitive for me as i wasn't really their target market but they were able to smash my MCE renewal price and get into the same ballpark as some of the best quotes i had elsewhere whilst reducing the compulsory excess to a realistic figure. The guy i spoke to went above and beyond to work to get me a really good quote whereas my previous insurers just had the attitude of "oh well, the computer says massive price hike for no reason so that's the end of it".
Blade

Post by Blade »

1 hr 10 minutes painfully going through a quote with some bellend at Hastings Insurance and at the end after going through everything countless times because the cock kept making mistake SORRY WE CAN'T QUOTE (headbang) (headbang) (headbang) (headbang) (headbang) (swear) (swear) (swear) (swear) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah)

Rage is a massive understatement what a complete fooking w*nker, 1 hour 10 minutes of spelling every ba$tard word for the retard and sorry we cannot quote (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah) (gah)

Absolute Cockend (punch) (punch) (punch) (punch) (punch) (punch) (punch) (punch) (punch) (punch)

Hastings you need to employ people who actually speak English and have an IQ higher than -10 and can operate a PC as every other company can quote on identical terms :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

I would rather spend an 1 hour 10 minutes rubbing my balls on a cheese grater than EVER ring you bunch of morons for a quote again (envy) (envy) (envy) (envy) (envy)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 1, Lesson 1 of Blades Anger Management Course.

Never ever, ever ever, ever ever,......... ever ring Hastings fookwit Insurance Company (blush)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

So in regard to Hastings, would you...

A. Highly recommend them to a friend.
B. Recommend them.
C. Don't care either way.
D. Probably not recommend them.
E. Definitely not recommend them.

???????
Blade

Post by Blade »

D41 wrote:So in regard to Hastings, would you...

A. Highly recommend them to a friend.
B. Recommend them.
C. Don't care either way.
D. Probably not recommend them.
E. Definitely not recommend them.
F. Recommend alternatively people pour acid on their balls and rub vigorously with a cheese grater.

???????
I'll go with F ;)