What ails you today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What ails you today?

Post by Cav »

A sore and pained neck and right trap after having an unplanned lie down while mountain biking yesterday... and general soreness in the arms from the said mountain biking
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

General lurgy.

Sore throat, constant headache, general aches, and it's messing with my asthma.

Bored of it now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I've got a cold. Sore throat, runny nose and headache. I've spent most of the day in bed sweating it out.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

I'm starting to see the back of mine now.

Aches, headache, and sore throat are so gone. Just a stuffy nose and cough, still going into the office to drop the kit off so hopefully a leaving present for them

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 17:50 I've got a cold. Sore throat, runny nose and headache. I've spent most of the day in bed sweating it out.
There is a lot going round. We both had it last week.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Day 2 of the cold. I had a shit nights sleep, my head feels like it's in a vice, my nose is constantly runny and I've started to get a cough.

I think I might do a test, just to be sure
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Many of you know that my daughter has had a long battle with her mental health. She's had various issues, especially during her teens. When she has opened up to me I've been able to get some decent insight in how her mind works, what she reacts to and how she reacts and the various ways she can think and interpret things. Through my work I get to deal with a lot of psych professionals so I get to see various symptoms and conditions and how they can manifest.

My daughter hates being pigeon-holed. I've frequently suggested that she should look into a condition to help her understand what she's going through and how she's not alone, but I was usually met with a brickwall.

She has been improving recently, which has allowed me to have more resourceful and meaningful conversations.

To cut a long story short, she finally agreed with me that she may be on the spectrum. She's spoken with her GP and she's on the path to being tested. She's got mixed feelings about the whole thing, but I've tried to reassure her that there doesn't have to be a fixed answer at the end of it all.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote: 26 Apr 2023, 15:55 Many of you know that my daughter has had a long battle with her mental health. She's had various issues, especially during her teens. When she has opened up to me I've been able to get some decent insight in how her mind works, what she reacts to and how she reacts and the various ways she can think and interpret things. Through my work I get to deal with a lot of psych professionals so I get to see various symptoms and conditions and how they can manifest.

My daughter hates being pigeon-holed. I've frequently suggested that she should look into a condition to help her understand what she's going through and how she's not alone, but I was usually met with a brickwall.

She has been improving recently, which has allowed me to have more resourceful and meaningful conversations.

To cut a long story short, she finally agreed with me that she may be on the spectrum. She's spoken with her GP and she's on the path to being tested. She's got mixed feelings about the whole thing, but I've tried to reassure her that there doesn't have to be a fixed answer at the end of it all.
Top daddy skillz 👍🏻
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Our son Alex went thru this a lot time ago.

As you say it doesn’t have to pigeon hole anything but it does help him understand why he does things his own way sometimes rather than just doing things the way most others do.

Our system loves to make individuals fit that system rather than let people be themselves.

If we all really think about we do what we do, it’s often down to the way humans are conditioned to think, be that dress sense, sexuality, eating habits etc. it’s nearly all social conditioning and not maybe the way we would choose personally if we had a free reign of thinking.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

And that’s why they Daily Mail, Tory party way of thinking is that you mustn’t think outside the box. They want to pigeon hole us all so we are easier fodder for them.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Nice one mate, and good on her for doing it.

James understanding of his conditions had helped him accept it and learn to live alongside them.

From my own diagnosis of dyslexia many years ago, I don't feel like I have been pigeon holed and if I have those people don't really mean enough to me to worry about it.
It's certainly never held me back in achieving what I've done so far, it's just helped me understand that I have to do some things in a different way.

Cav

Post by Cav »

duke63 wrote: 26 Apr 2023, 17:16Our system loves to make individuals fit that system rather than let people be themselves.
This didn't use to be the case. My 30 yo BiL is severely autistic but they wouldn't diagnose him for several years because they "didn't like to label".... the flipside of that was it made support impossible due to a lack of diagnosis. Financial and other.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

duke63 wrote: 26 Apr 2023, 17:19 And that’s why they Daily Mail, Tory party way of thinking is that you mustn’t think outside the box. They want to pigeon hole us all so we are easier fodder for them.
But the lefty party way of teaching kids they can be any gender they want is ok ?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Can we not do this argument in this thread please?
Cav

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 08:09 Can we not do this argument in this thread please?
Agreed.. I unsubscribed from the political threads for a reason.

Great job being a Dad, Kwacky! Your kids are lucky
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

ive got a bad knee
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Kwacky wrote: 26 Apr 2023, 15:55 Many of you know that my daughter has had a long battle with her mental health. She's had various issues, especially during her teens. When she has opened up to me I've been able to get some decent insight in how her mind works, what she reacts to and how she reacts and the various ways she can think and interpret things. Through my work I get to deal with a lot of psych professionals so I get to see various symptoms and conditions and how they can manifest.

It's great that she is talking about it and from my experience really important that she gets a diagnosis. It was a combination of being an undiagnosed autistic young woman and exceptionally poor parenting that led to Sarah's severe mental breakdown and suicide attempts in her adult life.

I'm ADHD, dyslexic, possibly autistic and I don't see it as a label. It's just knowledge that allows me to better understand the world around me and how I fit in. Or don't :D
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've tweaked the left side of my lower back.

I knew going to the gym is bad for your health.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

My whole body feels like it’s been on a medieval torture rack and now I’ve got covid
Marvellous
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Feck. It's doing the rounds again.