State pension

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

State pension

Post by duke63 »

Will be reclassified as a benefit next year not an entitlement.

Start of a slippery slope to make it means tested.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: State pension

Post by Blade »

Can I stop paying NI contributions then (gah)

I already know the answer (headbang)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The government are fuking us over. None of this shit is making the news.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Really are tightening a lot up. But would this just mean more people won't see the point of working and therefore will just sit on their arses and they will still be looked after even when they are old?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Rossgo wrote:Really are tightening a lot up. But would this just mean more people won't see the point of working and therefore will just sit on their arses and they will still be looked after even when they are old?
My family are in the care home business I can tell you 1st hand lazy feckers that have sat on their arses all their life get better treatment than people who have worked hard and bought their own homes.
Blade

Post by Blade »

28 years I have paid my fair share into the pension pot and made all my lifestyle planning on the basis I will have a state pension and now they say FOOK you Blade.

I've always been Tory but I'm starting to get pretty pissed of with these Blue Bastards (gah)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

:( Fwiw I'm in exactly the same boat as you Blade.

On a similar subject, I see they are setting the way to sell off the eduction system too. |(
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I keep saying it but I will say it again IDS is a nasty nasty man
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Yep, no more local authorities for schools, they've all got to go academy

This country is being ripped apart by the government
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Yep, no more local authorities for schools, they've all got to go academy

Maybe their strategy for reducing immigration is to make this country such a crap & unpleasant place to live that no one will want to come here any more.
Something about "Noses & Faces" springs to mind.?
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Perkles wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Really are tightening a lot up. But would this just mean more people won't see the point of working and therefore will just sit on their arses and they will still be looked after even when they are old?
My family are in the care home business I can tell you 1st hand lazy feckers that have sat on their arses all their life get better treatment than people who have worked hard and bought their own homes.
And there in lies the Tory B@stard's lies. Did anyone here really think they have any of your interests in mind?

To be fair to them they are bloody good at what they do
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Blade wrote:28 years I have paid my fair share into the pension pot and made all my lifestyle planning on the basis I will have a state pension and now they say FOOK you Blade.

I've always been Tory but I'm starting to get pretty pissed of with these Blue Bastards (gah)
At the moment there are no plans to means test it but it doesn't take an expert to work out that is the goal.

The auto enrolment pensions schemes that everyone has to be enrolled into in the next couple of years also a part of this.

The state pension will however be part of the Universal Credits benefits system once that is completed in the next couple of years.
Blade

Post by Blade »

What being c;nts (swear)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Kwacky wrote:Yep, no more local authorities for schools, they've all got to go academy

That's been part of the agenda for a few years now.

Interesting polls I saw earlier about the EU referendum. Currently it's about 52-47 to leave. However they asked business leaders and company directors what they thought and 80% are in favour of remaining in the EU. That should tell everyone all they need to know. The economy may well go into meltdown if we leave.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

StMarks wrote::( Fwiw I'm in exactly the same boat as you Blade.

On a similar subject, I see they are setting the way to sell off the eduction system too. |(
That could go both ways though, depending on how it's handled.....I'd much rather have an education system where the employees have a monetary incentive to provide results than a system where the salaries are guaranteed no matter what..it would work the same way the healthcare system is operated in the US....or near enough......county hospitals are terrible....private care is ace....it's still paid for though through pay deductions.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:...That could go both ways though, depending on how it's handled......
I can tell you how it'll be handled, that's easy to predict.:
The public purse will be ripped off.
Some fat cats will make a killing
The private enterprises that muscle in will asset rip everything that is left.
The standards of education will be maintained to the same sorts of standards that we've seen with British Rail etc..

What's the US policy on Public Pension entitlement Darren.?
Strike that, whatever generous benefits are currently on offer under Mr Obama, the Mad Duck will soon remove them when he's *brought the office (N.B *as opposed to "Brought to office").
And when it comes to immigrant with health issues..... Well, you may want to see if you can move to a neighbourhood without any lamposts mate. (sweat)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

'Public pension'....??

I honestly don't know what that entails....I don't think it's very much?? It's really not something that affects me and in any case, there's WAAY too many variables to take into consideration......your average Joe who has spent his entire working life washing cars or working in the fields is not very likely to turn into an investment whizzkid when he retires.

Immigrants with health issues....again, every case is individual. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but the guy I worked with a while back was involved in a serious car wreck just south of the border and his son was critically injured....Mexican doctors drove him to the border and a US lifeflight chopper flew him to San Diego and ultimately saved the kid's life.....some people get lucky, some don't, but the nature of the press & public in general is always to report dire news over good news, so finding a balanced picture of what is perceived and what is actual fact is well nigh impossible.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles wrote:
This is so sad. I haven't got a clue how the country works on this basis. There is no support anymore
duke63

Post by duke63 »

StMarks wrote:
D41 wrote:...That could go both ways though, depending on how it's handled......
I can tell you how it'll be handled, that's easy to predict.:
The public purse will be ripped off.
Some fat cats will make a killing
The private enterprises that muscle in will asset rip everything that is left.
The standards of education will be maintained to the same sorts of standards that we've seen with British Rail etc..

What's the US policy on Public Pension entitlement Darren.?
Strike that, whatever generous benefits are currently on offer under Mr Obama, the Mad Duck will soon remove them when he's *brought the office (N.B *as opposed to "Brought to office").
And when it comes to immigrant with health issues..... Well, you may want to see if you can move to a neighbourhood without any lamposts mate. (sweat)
It already is. Academy status would ONLY ever work if schools could run themselves individually and not as part of a bigger network.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... dfe-ofsted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I am unsure if that is a bad thing.

Our education system is shocking. English people are amongst the worst educated in the world, and I don't feel I am over exaggerating that either!! We need a good shake up and hopefully not being tied with the government who are so out of touch with modern day life will create a schooling for every student and not just brand kids who don't get their GSCEs as idiots for the rest of their lives. That is what I hate about school, everyone is treated like an academic but it isn't true. No one person is identical and they need to realise that.

I really hope they can change the system for all students needs and be a lot more flexible...give students chances for the future, if they are good with their hands give them careers choice where they can potentially work with their hands, if they are good with books build on it and let them progress with indoor work that need good theory skills, if they are good at problem solving then recognise that and potentially be someone who can work this whole mess out or if they are creative then make sure the student knows it's good and work with them to build on that and they could be the next person who travels to Dubai and designs a brand new state of the art building

I have a massive problem with teachers to be honest they are book worms and have no idea how to deal with students who have different ways of learning. This needs to be changed, bring people in to schooling who are good at these other ways of learning, spilt kids up into different sets, not by how clever they are (set 1 being book worms set 6 being kids who don't turn up). Split them up into how they work and learn. I hated that at school the kids who didn't turn up weren't dumb at all. These are guys who had to work the hardest because the system failed THEM not the other way around they are now the plumbers, builders, mechanics of the country...well they were at my school at least. These guys were good with their hands and just saw things differently to other people. If the system learned this from early on then these guys education would of been top notch and they wouldn't of gone through school thinking the teachers were out to get them, or make fun of by asking them for the answers to question they wouldn't of got because the teacher just stood there saying words that didn't sink in for the students.

I really hope the education can be made better give our next generation a fighting chance