OBD2 Scanner

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

OBD2 Scanner

Post by Blade »

I had one for VW's but think I sold it when I sold the Golf as can't find it anywhere.

Looking to replace it so anyone got any recommendations ?

Icarsoft i910 II seems good as BMW specific includes airbag and abs which are sometimes optional on DIY scanners and has the oil reset tool for home servicing.

Other options are from autel or foxwell and a little more expensive or similar money for less features.

All comments and help appreciated. Cheers.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: OBD2 Scanner

Post by C00kiemonster »

If you want full analysis of the fault codes then the icarsoft is a good one.

As a start you can buy odb2 Bluetooth plugins for very little on eBay and then hook up an app (torque is one of them) on your phone. It's more basic, but costs very little and can be useful. You can also have the car talk to your phone whilst your driving for analysis etc.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

I used lonelec.co.uk for my lead to connect to the bike. They came highly recommended and I had no problems.
Blade

Post by Blade »

DaytonAndy wrote:I used lonelec.co.uk for my lead to connect to the bike. They came highly recommended and I had no problems.
Andy did you just buy a lead to hook in to a laptop ? What software are you running ?
Blade

Post by Blade »

C00kiemonster wrote:If you want full analysis of the fault codes then the icarsoft is a good one.

As a start you can buy odb2 Bluetooth plugins for very little on eBay and then hook up an app (torque is one of them) on your phone. It's more basic, but costs very little and can be useful. You can also have the car talk to your phone whilst your driving for analysis etc.
I have heard of this app called Torque Cookie (y)

have you used it yourself ? what kind of things can it do ?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:If you want full analysis of the fault codes then the icarsoft is a good one.

I have heard of this app called Torque Cookie (y)

have you used it yourself ? what kind of things can it do ?
Yep, I've got a Bluetooth obd2 scanner and use my phone if there is a fault light,

It will give you fault codes and also stuff like speed, engine temp, oil temp, pressures etc etc, depends on the car. It won't clear fault codes from what I remember and is not for full diagnosis, but gives you an idea for very little.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Yeah hooked the lead up to the laptop. I used tune ecu to connect to the Triumph which I realise is probably not what you're after but I assume other programs do similar for different cars.