Rossgo's Saviour!!

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Rossgo's Saviour!!

Post by Rossgo »

Was literally going to post this in the What are you doing today? Thread. But took another look at the post and realised it was blinking massive so decided to make a new thread so people can decide if they really want to read it or not and don't bore everyone!!

Well last night I had an interview at a karting track for the position for team leader also known as Race Director which I LOVE the title for hahahah!! It's not very well paid but I said to the manager it's not about the money it's for me. There are ways of making it better paid but I think you would have to work alot of hours and have to have a pretty high target for sales to make it a more worthwhile payment.

I told the manager I need a job where I will be happy and for me to see people having fun. I said in my job I work with the same people every day and you don't see anyone different. You don't get job satisfaction from it because you don't see the end result. Here you do, the interaction with staff and clients seeing them walk off happy, I carried on to say I need that social side when working and I want fun . (The company I work for have been saying for years we will visit a hospital to see our products being used, it's a guarantee majority of people who have visited a hospital/ doctor/ nurse/ ambulance/ possibly even a first aider (if serious problem) would of used our products, from something very minor to saving people lives. I have to remind myself that what I do is keeping people with their families but the company now is so big (global) that the workforce is just cannon fodder (one in one out). (Didn't go into that much detail with him I kept it basic!!) But he seemed go be happy anyway.

I also went on to say that the place has been changing for the last 6 months into something I don't like its very much a blaming culture now without finding out the facts first but it pays the bills and for my social side of things. I will add here that someone came up to me yesterday and said I wish everyone was like you listen to the facts and try to find out what's happened and not just blame the first person they see. I said this to the manager as he asked me a question (can't remember what question now) but it went perfectly. I couldn't believe it actually because I wouldn't of known what to say as an answer if this particular person didn't say anything!!!

I asked the manager why isn't he promoting within the current staff (he seemed to like this question a lot). He answered honestly and said there was one girl who he thinks does her job brilliantly (can't remember her name now) but because she's only just turned 18 he is unsure how she would cope moving up in the more responsible role and he doesn't want to scare her off. This could cause problems if I was successful because she could see being looked over as a bad point but i hope she would be a great allie as she knows the job and you can't over look and devalue your staff so I really hope she carries on with her excellent skills.

I got along with the manager and even had a chat with one of the staff members before my interview. I told him I had a full time job but he was impressed with my CV and me. I told him it would be for a part time position in the evening and he seems to be pretty happy to work around this but I personally think he wants me to be a full timer. He said he can't offer me the job without a trial which I understood because last thing he wants is me to turn up and hate it or I don't get a long with staff (who by the sounds and looks of it are all around 17-22 with the odd couple who are older I would be one of the oldest) so hoping there will be a laugh to be had with them but hope I would be able to earn their respect if I pass the trial.

I have my trial on Sunday. I'm a tad worried as its a new job and I don't know what it holds and new staff to me. I told the manager that the staff member I talked too said they are all pretty happy working in the place which will make a huge difference to the place I currently work at. I then carried on to say if I'm successful I'm sure you will hear little stories about my place but I won't bore you with the details right now!!! He seemed to have a glisten in his eye when I told him that and was even more impressed and happy!!

The whole interview went on for around an hour and a bit I was shocked how long actually didn't realise it at the time.

Anyway I left pretty happy and I really hope I can get along on Sunday and it goes OK.

Wish me luck!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: Rossgo's Saviour!!

Post by kiwikrasher »

Well good read mate and definitely good luck with it all!!!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Great post, your enthusiasm really comes across in what you've written.

Good luck for Sunday.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks guys really appreciate it all. I'm really happy about it all [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Well done mate (y) Made up for you.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers Andy [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Going off your last few posts about work, if anyone needs a new job it's you mate.

Good luck and knock em dead.

Well, not literally!
edd1e
Your Bike: Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Post by edd1e »

good luck mate :)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

It's been a struggle to even get an interview for different companies. This company (the general manager) responded to me within a couple of days asking when could I come over for an interview...I liked the way he asked me not told me a time and date!

I really appreciate the kind comments it means a lot thank you

Looking forward to it today [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Best of luck today Rossgo. Hope it works out mate (y)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Go for it,job satisfaction trumps money any day
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks guys just about to start getting ready as have to drop of my doggy to my parents house as she hates being left alone. But right now she is keeping herself earn under my blanket on the sofa snuggling up to me haha!!
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Good luck rossgo sounds like fun and if a job can be a bit fun that's just what life's all about
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So I went today. Started just before 11 finished at about 1420. Got shown around and got showed the track roles and the job that I applied for.

Seems very fast paced job but very fun. Got chatting to a few clients as well. Actually there was a young lad and a young girl (24 years old) who had their own lids so I asked what they had, the lad said I've got a Harley and the girl said I'm learning! I took a look at this lad and said sorry to be stereotypical here but surely Harley's are for bearded old men and the girl said with fat bellies hahaha!! I don't think the lad was too impressed actually but I couldn't believe it he was a skinny half cast guy who was young...what lad owns a expensive Harley?!! Haha!! The GF really liked his bike so think them two are for life!!

So what's next...references, NI number and bank details. He said should be able to start next week.

Won't lie I'm a tad intimidated the guy had to run everywhere and there's a lot of stuff to remember and multiple things going on. I'm.sure I will get it just need to do the job and get into a routine. I suppose it's no different to what I do only I've been doing it for awhile now and understand the ins and outs.

I am looking forward to it, bit of extra cash and something different to keep my head ticking away from the hell hole I call work!!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

You will soon have the hang of it I'm sure Rossgo.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo, it's clear you're a hard worker and want to do the best you can mate, which means you'll soon get to grasps with the job.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks fellas I really hope so. Plus the amount of hot totty that came in through the door was great [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] that will be different [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You'll have to hand out tankslap cards to the bikers :D
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Haha I will let people know...I was going to say it to the Harley rider but then realised he was a Harley rider some kept my mouth shut [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] hahaha!!
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »