What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Kwacky »

Yep. I'm told that I might be able to get a prescription, which is a lot cheaper because I can get them online.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Estate management companies.

Once a year we get a statement of account and are told how much to pay.

In September we got a letter to say that they had generated more money than spent, so some people should be in credit.

This morning someone posted in the local facebook group that the management company has already released their demands for payment for the next year, payment due by 19th April. They're not sending out any letter or emails, so unless you decide to log in t your account, you won't know you've got a payment to make.

I log in to my account, only to find there's a demand for payment from September 23 for £70.86. No statement, no invoice, no email, no letter, no working out.

I've made a complaint and demanded a full statement of account.

Bunch of f**king cowboys. We only see them working on the estate when it's time for the annual payment.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Estate management companies are like the wild west. We got similar with a flat we used to rent out. There is a lot of them who have started a 2nd company who does the work for the estate management company, so they basically charge whatever they like for work that frankly doesnt happen very often. Its an utter rip off.

I'd want to see who does the work and if they get quotes / tenders - not sure they will.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

A proper estate management company should be run and owned by the residents.

Really it’s just another way for a private company to make money at the expense of residents for things that would generally have been managed by the local council in most cases.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The weather.

It's shite.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha ha , Just getting pissed off about the weather and how the forecast is a lie.... And then post my moan on here.... Ha ha ^^ That.

The Weather it's Shite lol
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote: 05 Jul 2024, 20:00 The weather.

It's shite.
This. My first full winter at home in over a decade and I don’t like it one bit 😕
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Tradesmen

I had the ensuite shower regrouted and sealed professionally the other day. Gave it 48hrs to cure as recommended. Used it last night. Showe starts to fill up with water. No drainage at all.

10pm at night, still partially wet, climb under the house and drop the s-bend. Totally plugged with excess grout. Luckily the trap had a join in the middle and I was able to get it out ok.

Same company is coming to do the main bathroom next week. He’s going to get some stern direction about his excess grout disposal.

We are on a biocycle (waste water treatment system) here and I’d asked him specifically not to flush anything down the drain.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

I’d want a discount. Not good enough when your paying good money.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Kwacky wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 10:58 Estate management companies.

Once a year we get a statement of account and are told how much to pay.

In September we got a letter to say that they had generated more money than spent, so some people should be in credit.

This morning someone posted in the local facebook group that the management company has already released their demands for payment for the next year, payment due by 19th April. They're not sending out any letter or emails, so unless you decide to log in t your account, you won't know you've got a payment to make.

I log in to my account, only to find there's a demand for payment from September 23 for £70.86. No statement, no invoice, no email, no letter, no working out.

I've made a complaint and demanded a full statement of account.

Bunch of f**king cowboys. We only see them working on the estate when it's time for the annual payment.
If you can get enough of the residents to agree to it, you can kick them off and do it yourself
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's being discussed but there's not much we can do at the moment. The building of the estate isn't complete and the council haven't adopted the roads, so it's difficult to organise.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

So my trip to Tallinn.

I've known this guy since we were teenagers. He went to Australia at the end of the 90s. I've only seen him briefly since. He told me he's sold his business and doing a bit of travelling. He's got a mate in Tallinn, do I want to join him there for a few days? Why not!

I booked the holiday back in May. He was travelling around and said making international transfers wasn't working. I suggest he sent the money to a family member who could pass it on. He gave it to his 18 yr old son, who first said there was an issue with the transfer, then confessed he had spent it.

He flew in to London. He couldn't find the car hire place he booked. He finally got to the hotel, but it was too late for check in, so had to go to another hotel.

I'm trying to contact him to arrange travel to Luton Airport (and I'm still chasing for my money). He's staying with his sister, who lives about 15 minutes from me. My wife agrees she's happy to take us both to the airport. He tells me he's got a hire car (but never suggested he could drive us both to the airport), which he thought he could drop it off at Luton. He didn't check the T&C's, he's got to take it back to Heathrow which he decides to do on the morning of our flight.

He finally shows up at Luton. He's got a massive wheelie case. I've sent him the boarding card with the suitcase sizes on it. It costs him 55 euros.

Once in Tallinn he complains that I've taken the bed and he's got the sofa bed. Tough. I've still not been paid and I booked it all. He insists he's given his sister the money to pass on to me. I get the bank transfer a couple of days later.

He's got a charging cable for his phone. He's not got a charger. He decides to use my power pack. In the morning he's pissed off because it's not charged. He then says it's my fault for not telling him about the on/off button.

On his travels he's picked up various bugs, which means he's got stomach cramps, headaches, ear infections, chest infection and a runny nose. Lovely. We have to spend the entire holiday shouting at each other. I decide we need to get him to a pharmacy. He cant' get data roaming on his phone. I have to hotspot him. Later on he can't get the wifi at the apartment to work, even though it's a QR code. I manage to do it for him.

At the pharmacy he's given something for his cough, his nose and his ears. He's warned it's very strong stuff. None of it can be used more than once a day and for no longer than 5 days. By day 2 he's got nose bleeds because he's used the spray 5 times so far.

He snores and coughs in his sleep. Thankfully I brought ear plugs.

He forgot to pack socks, so we had to go shopping. I ended up leaving him to it because I needed a pint.

Saturday morning he's complaining of headaches, cramps and feeling sick. Nothing to do with the 12 hour drinking session we had. He refuses to believe it's a hangover. He doesn't like the taste of water, so he won't drink it. No, of course he's not suffering with dehydration. He goes back to sleep, I go off for a walk, some food and a drink. We had plans to meet people but I've cancelled them because he's too ill to leave the apartment. While I'm out (it's about 8pm) he messages me to ask where I am. He's pissed off I've gone for something to eat!

One day he just stumbles and manages to hurt his ankle. It hurts to walk. I'm walking too fast for him.

He spends the entire time complaining about everyone and anyone, as well as telling me how people are falling out with him all the time. I kind of feel sorry for him because he's lonely, but I can see why people have given up on him.

On the way back he tries to go through the EU gate with his Australian passport.

I need a holiday!
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Sounds like the holiday from hell.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote: 07 Aug 2024, 16:20 So my trip to Tallinn.

I've known this guy since we were teenagers. He went to Australia at the end of the 90s. I've only seen him briefly since. He told me he's sold his business and doing a bit of travelling. He's got a mate in Tallinn, do I want to join him there for a few days? Why not!

I booked the holiday back in May. He was travelling around and said making international transfers wasn't working. I suggest he sent the money to a family member who could pass it on. He gave it to his 18 yr old son, who first said there was an issue with the transfer, then confessed he had spent it.

He flew in to London. He couldn't find the car hire place he booked. He finally got to the hotel, but it was too late for check in, so had to go to another hotel.

I'm trying to contact him to arrange travel to Luton Airport (and I'm still chasing for my money). He's staying with his sister, who lives about 15 minutes from me. My wife agrees she's happy to take us both to the airport. He tells me he's got a hire car (but never suggested he could drive us both to the airport), which he thought he could drop it off at Luton. He didn't check the T&C's, he's got to take it back to Heathrow which he decides to do on the morning of our flight.

He finally shows up at Luton. He's got a massive wheelie case. I've sent him the boarding card with the suitcase sizes on it. It costs him 55 euros.

Once in Tallinn he complains that I've taken the bed and he's got the sofa bed. Tough. I've still not been paid and I booked it all. He insists he's given his sister the money to pass on to me. I get the bank transfer a couple of days later.

He's got a charging cable for his phone. He's not got a charger. He decides to use my power pack. In the morning he's pissed off because it's not charged. He then says it's my fault for not telling him about the on/off button.

On his travels he's picked up various bugs, which means he's got stomach cramps, headaches, ear infections, chest infection and a runny nose. Lovely. We have to spend the entire holiday shouting at each other. I decide we need to get him to a pharmacy. He cant' get data roaming on his phone. I have to hotspot him. Later on he can't get the wifi at the apartment to work, even though it's a QR code. I manage to do it for him.

At the pharmacy he's given something for his cough, his nose and his ears. He's warned it's very strong stuff. None of it can be used more than once a day and for no longer than 5 days. By day 2 he's got nose bleeds because he's used the spray 5 times so far.

He snores and coughs in his sleep. Thankfully I brought ear plugs.

He forgot to pack socks, so we had to go shopping. I ended up leaving him to it because I needed a pint.

Saturday morning he's complaining of headaches, cramps and feeling sick. Nothing to do with the 12 hour drinking session we had. He refuses to believe it's a hangover. He doesn't like the taste of water, so he won't drink it. No, of course he's not suffering with dehydration. He goes back to sleep, I go off for a walk, some food and a drink. We had plans to meet people but I've cancelled them because he's too ill to leave the apartment. While I'm out (it's about 8pm) he messages me to ask where I am. He's pissed off I've gone for something to eat!

One day he just stumbles and manages to hurt his ankle. It hurts to walk. I'm walking too fast for him.

He spends the entire time complaining about everyone and anyone, as well as telling me how people are falling out with him all the time. I kind of feel sorry for him because he's lonely, but I can see why people have given up on him.

On the way back he tries to go through the EU gate with his Australian passport.

I need a holiday!
It’s time to use block. I had a long standing uni mate like that who became a bellend.

That’s scary.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm hoping he decides to go back to Australia.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote: 08 Aug 2024, 10:12 I'm hoping he decides to go back to Australia.
Send him Paul's way.... (giggle)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote: 08 Aug 2024, 13:45
Kwacky wrote: 08 Aug 2024, 10:12 I'm hoping he decides to go back to Australia.
Send him Paul's way.... (giggle)
I’ll take him for a bush walk and he’ll never return…

Sounds like a horror “holiday” Kwacky (sweat)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've not heard from him since we've been back. Either he's clocked I wasn't impressed or he's off in his little world.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote: 13 Aug 2024, 12:27 I've not heard from him since we've been back. Either he's clocked I wasn't impressed or he's off in his little world.
Fingers crossed :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

20mph speed limits in Wales through villages. At one point I had 7 changes of speed limits in under 2 miles,