What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by bb41 »

Rossgo wrote:A legal question. If a car driver or rider slip on the gravel left by workmen either damaging the vehicle or worse another person. Can the rider/ driver reclaim their money or set up legal proceedings from the council instead of insurance?

I would put it down as incompetence and performance whilst at work for the workmen who resurfaced the road or potentially the same issues with higher up management (health and safety team or environmental team who surely have all the working instructions for not stating that the gravel needs to be swept up after being laid and the area needs to be cleaned up and all health and safety issues need to be addressed before leaving the site.

Does that make sense?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Normally they put a sign up to protect themselves saying "loose chippings" or some such legal loophole .

The only thing I miss living in Wales was the roads... the rest they are more than welcome to keep.

The view from my very isolated house on the edge of the Brecon Beacons were second to none, but still not enough to make me want to live there one day longer
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

bb41 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:A legal question. If a car driver or rider slip on the gravel left by workmen either damaging the vehicle or worse another person. Can the rider/ driver reclaim their money or set up legal proceedings from the council instead of insurance?

I would put it down as incompetence and performance whilst at work for the workmen who resurfaced the road or potentially the same issues with higher up management (health and safety team or environmental team who surely have all the working instructions for not stating that the gravel needs to be swept up after being laid and the area needs to be cleaned up and all health and safety issues need to be addressed before leaving the site.

Does that make sense?

Normally they put a sign up to protect themselves saying "loose chippings" or some such legal loophole .

The only thing I miss living in Wales was the roads... the rest they are more than welcome to keep.

The view from my very isolated house on the edge of the Brecon Beacons were second to none, but still not enough to make me want to live there one day longer
F/_/(king sign. Dont they realise it takes only a small amount of chippings to loose footing even at a walking speed as your foot can slip on a motorcycle

That's interesting why didn't you like Wales? Beautiful country. The roads are fantastic too!!

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Depends on how the gravel got there, how much of it there is, what the purpose of the gravel is, how long it's been there, if there are any warning signs, previous complaints, etc.
bb41

Post by bb41 »

Rossgo wrote:
bb41 wrote:

Does that make sense?

F/_/(king sign. Dont they realise it takes only a small amount of chippings to loose footing even at a walking speed as your foot can slip on a motorcycle

That's interesting why didn't you like Wales? Beautiful country. The roads are fantastic too!!

Roads are awesome and spent many a happy hour in the Owls Nest Cafe (fully recommend if anyone is going through)
It's the attitude towards the non Welsh, a very good agent friend of mine still lives a couple of miles from where I was and he hates it, it's just he has a lot more rescue animals than me so is stuck

I thought it would be just in the north but it's pretty much all over
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I think you'd have to prove negligence on their part.
You're going to say the road isn't in a fit condition...or however you'd phrase it, and they're going to say "That's why we're out there fixing it".
"But you didn't clean up every single pebble??"
"Yup...and the roads are still wet long after the rain stops.." etc.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Getting up at 5am every morning. I’ve got bloody soft not coming to work for over a year. Quite glad for the gentle start back now I’m here.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:Depends on how the gravel got there, how much of it there is, what the purpose of the gravel is, how long it's been there, if there are any warning signs, previous complaints, etc.
Lawyer mode engaged!

Why don't they pop back after a week and check it over and sweep up. These stones aren't just on the road they sorted out but its everywhere. All around a roundabout which wasn't even touched. Its dangerous beyond belief. Do they sort this out, nope!

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

bb41 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
bb41 wrote: Normally they put a sign up to protect themselves saying "loose chippings" or some such legal loophole .

Roads are awesome and spent many a happy hour in the Owls Nest Cafe (fully recommend if anyone is going through)
It's the attitude towards the non Welsh, a very good agent friend of mine still lives a couple of miles from where I was and he hates it, it's just he has a lot more rescue animals than me so is stuck

I thought it would be just in the north but it's pretty much all over
I've got no issues with that. I'm a horrible person so that's prob why I feel quite at home here Image ImageImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:I think you'd have to prove negligence on their part.
You're going to say the road isn't in a fit condition...or however you'd phrase it, and they're going to say "That's why we're out there fixing it".
"But you didn't clean up every single pebble??"
"Yup...and the roads are still wet long after the rain stops.." etc.
Too right!!

Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

While you are in the area, you should travel north a little to Portmeirion that would be great day out, lovely place.
We did a TS ride out there once soon a long time ago.
bb41

Post by bb41 »

Rossgo, you are certainly not a horrid person
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Work place IT systems.

They've been issuing loads of updates to all generic systems while also upgrading our CAD software. I was one of the lucky few that had everything working but switch it all on this morning and it's faulty.

Furthermore, I'm trying to use the software to make wedding sign templates and have been for a couple of months now. The upgrade has changed so much that the 4 hours I spent before my shift started were a complete waste. 3am start today and i've achieved nothing. Going to have to stay indefinitely tonight and hope I can make it work. I also hope the site restaurant doesn't run out of food at lunch like it did last week :@
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Frankie wrote:While you are in the area, you should travel north a little to Portmeirion that would be great day out, lovely place.
Leaving today buddy. So won't be doing that now. But defo need to come back on the bike. What fantastic roads are around here. But I think it would be a couple day trip as it is a mission to get up that far!!

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

bb41 wrote:Rossgo, you are certainly not a horrid person
Thanks bb41 I hope not. But with the Brexit vote and I'm a firm believer and voter for Brexit, the BBC believe I am a horrible person. So I must be ImageImage

kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

All the feckers who think the middle lane is the only lane on the motorway
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

My part of the M4 it's lane 3, you only move to the middle lane if you've had another car glued to your bumper for several miles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Rossgo wrote:
Frankie wrote:While you are in the area, you should travel north a little to Portmeirion that would be great day out, lovely place.
Leaving today buddy. So won't be doing that now. But defo need to come back on the bike. What fantastic roads are around here. But I think it would be a couple day trip as it is a mission to get up that far!!

Ah no worries its a nice place for sure..... Wales day out is doable, done it a few times, but its a long day, early start, late finish for sure.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

kingfixer wrote:All the feckers who think the middle lane is the only lane on the motorway
Ha ha welcome to my world (facepalm)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

And just to finish the week off nicely the Sky box packs up. :@
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Have you called them? I have found them the be reAlly good when I have had issues.
Call centre in Scotland I think, well they are always Scottish people I speak to. They have rebooted my system and gone through a diagnostics with me on the phone. Who knew there was some many extra menus that we can't naotmally see.
Worth a go mate, if you have not done alre