Ghosts

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Ghosts

Post by Kwacky »

Does anyone believe in them?

If I did I swear I saw one this evening at a crossroads.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Ghosts

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:Does anyone believe in them?

If I did I swear I saw one this evening at a crossroads.
Stage one madness. Hope that helps :)

No I don't think they do. :)

Who or what did you see?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The grey outline of a man crossing the road.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Afaik most certainly ghosts do exist, & the UK government is actually set to increase their departmental budget.: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... spies.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fwiw apparently being "grey" is an asset to the role too. (nod)

(wait) Taking another approach to pandering to Kwacky's delusions; We are only able to conceive 3x dimensions........ ? ;)
Last edited by StMarks on 07 Dec 2015, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

I saw the ghost of Gloria gaynor last night, first I was afraid, then I was petrified :D
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I don't think I could ever be described as a grey man.

Grey haired, but not a grey man :)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Yes, I do believe in ghosts, there's a "ghost" that regularly appears to people about half a mile from my house, it's an old lady in a grey coat with a bag that sits on the low garden wall of a 17th century farmhouse, you see her briefly, look back and she's gone. I see her every 5-10yrs, but never when I'm looking for her, only when I turn my head for a second and see her from a distance.

My ex-wife moved out of a lovely house because it was haunted, an ordinary semi-detached circa 1930, talking to both her and my lad (lived with her then) there was a "something" on the middle landing and it made them feel unsafe, it was only after they moved out that they found that that was the reason the previous owners sold.

A close friend that's very down to earth did a job in Long Melford, Suffolk, he was working in a very very old timber framed house and found he kept losing tools - despite not moving out of the room he was working in, the owner returned and K was going nuts trying to find his missing stuff, the owner said "don't worry they'll only have been moved somewhere" then went upstairs and retrieved the missing kit. The owner told him it was a child ghost, which liked to play jokes and move things, but wasn't malignant in any way.

Two guys I've known through work over the years have both seen them first hand and point blank refused to return to those buildings alone, both "ghosts" had been sites of men being killed in work related accidents whilst alone in the last 40yrs, both "ghosts" were described to me a misty grey/brown vague shapes.

There's more out there than we understand.....
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Deegee wrote:.....There's more out there than we understand.....
Far, far more.
I don't think we even know what our consciousness actually is, we can really just conjecture.

I've never seen anything to make me believe in supernatural apparitions, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to the possibility.
I've never seen anything to make me believe that the half life of uranium is 4.5 billion years either, but much more intelligent people than me believe it.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Yes.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

No. Think its just the mind
D6

Post by D6 »

A related question.
Do those that believe in ghosts also believe in god/religion?
Or are there anyone that believes in ghosts but doesn't believe in religion.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I am open to the possibility of ghosts , I dont believe that there could be an all powerful entity or "God".
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

Maybe it was this guy you saw Image
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

D6 wrote:A related question.
Do those that believe in ghosts also believe in god/religion?
Or are there anyone that believes in ghosts but doesn't believe in religion.
Believing in God, and "Believing in" religion are two completely different things in my book.:

"God", or "The Divine Entity", or "The Force" or whatever aspect you care to consider can only be a matter for conjecture. Fwiw I most certainly believe that we have a lot to learn about how everything works & is controlled. However I am unable to even consider the concept of "Eternity", so I simply don't have the utensils to even begin to conceive those even more complicated & overwhelming concepts.
I am very open to the possibility.

Do I "Believe in religion".?
Well, obviously I believe. (nod)
Hell, I know there is religion,,,
,,, After all it is rammed down our throats, waved in our faces, and held up to us as the "proper thing" by those millions of zealots who have themselves already been brainwashed by previous victims of this blight.

Do I subscribe to any of the "My pretend friend is better & more powerful than your pretend friend" cults.?
or
Do I believe that; If there is an entity, it will require/wish me to ( * become celibate, build hugely expensive & elaborate buildings, spend inordinate amounts of time declaring my obsession in the company of likeminded, memorise every word of the adulterated versions of books written millennia ago, make it my life's goal to brainwash/blackmail as many others as possible to the narrow way of thinking, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,,,,) Well, let's see, do I.? :?
I think that Religion actually played a valuable part in humanity's social development. It gave a stick & carrot to apply those values & conduct that we consider preferable to natural animal behaviour. It often offered an alternative structure for control to Nepotism, giving the brightest minds an environment within which they could develop.
At best Religion is a comfort blanket, but ............! :S

So, just to make it clear, "no" I'm not religious. Thank God.! (angel)
D6

Post by D6 »

StMarks wrote:
"God", or "The Divine Entity", or "The Force" or whatever aspect you care to consider can only be a matter for conjecture. Fwiw I most certainly believe that we have a lot to learn about how everything works & is controlled. However I am unable to even consider the concept of "Eternity", so I simply don't have the utensils to even begin to conceive those even more complicated & overwhelming concepts.
I am very open to the possibility.

Do I "Believe in religion".?
Well, obviously I believe. (nod)
Hell, I know there is religion,,,
,,, After all it is rammed down our throats, waved in our faces, and held up to us as the "proper thing" by those millions of zealots who have themselves already been brainwashed by previous victims of this blight.

Do I subscribe to any of the "My pretend friend is better & more powerful than your pretend friend" cults.?
or
Do I believe that; If there is an entity, it will require/wish me to ( * become celibate, build hugely expensive & elaborate buildings, spend inordinate amounts of time declaring my obsession in the company of likeminded, memorise every word of the adulterated versions of books written millennia ago, make it my life's goal to brainwash/blackmail as many others as possible to the narrow way of thinking, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,,,,) Well, let's see, do I.? :?
I think that Religion actually played a valuable part in humanity's social development. It gave a stick & carrot to apply those values & conduct that we consider preferable to natural animal behaviour. It often offered an alternative structure for control to Nepotism, giving the brightest minds an environment within which they could develop.
At best Religion is a comfort blanket, but ............! :S

So, just to make it clear, "no" I'm not religious. Thank God.! (angel)
I also think religion and a supreme being to be different. I was just wondering if anyone believed in ghosts yet did not believe in God and the religious side of that belief.

I believe more that there is some kind of supreme/ultimate power or being that has the ability to create or control matter. Is it a deity? Not sure I believe that train of thought.

I do believe that may be we have been visited by advanced races that portrayed the part of Gods. Whether to help shape our future or guide us who knows.

I don't believe in Hokey religions (giggle)

I do believe in the force.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

D6 wrote: I do believe that may be we have been visited by advanced races that portrayed the part of Gods. Whether to help shape our future or guide us who knows.

Sponsored by Stargate SG1 seasons 1-10

D6

Post by D6 »

Love stargate
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

I believe we'll find the answer in science, after all we are just star dust
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

.............. we are golden!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I believe its like the end of men in black, when the camera pans out, our universe is just some play thing for a difference race altogether, and so is theirs and so it continues. ;)