Milwaukee BMW

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Milwaukee BMW

Post by Blade »

Big changes for Shaun Muir's Milwaukee squad.

There keeping in form Josh Brookes but switching BSB for WSBK and Yamaha for BMW.

More here:

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/225586/1 ... ookes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Milwaukee BMW

Post by Cav »

Copy and paste please? :D

Work filtering..
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

2015 British Superbike champion Josh Brookes is thrilled to be returning to the World Superbike stage after announcing his move with Milwaukee BMW as 'perfect'.

After months of speculation, Brookes and Shaun Muir Racing has confirmed it is stepping up from British Superbikes and into the WSBK championship having signed a new title sponsorship deal with Milwaukee Power Tools and switching from Yamaha to BMW for 2016.

The Australian made his desire to move up from BSB very clear after claiming a maiden title this season but his 2016 plans were put on hold after SMR and Yamaha failed to reach an agreement, with the Japanese manufacturer selecting Paul Denning's Crescent Racing as its preferred factory-backed option.

After lengthy negotiations with a number of manufacturers, SMR has secured support from BMW Motorrad Motorsport and Brookes is relishing the prospect of getting to grips with the BMW S1000RR.

“I'm excited to be back in World Superbikes and to go there with the same team I won the BSB title with is perfect,” Brookes said. “I haven't raced a BMW before but the bike and factory are proven, and I am certain it will be competitive.

“Having the support of BMW Motorrad Motorsport is crucial to our efforts and having their experts on site with us will be a big help. We will test early in January before heading to Phillip Island and I am looking forward to riding in front of my home fans.”

Brookes last appeared in WSBK in 2012 as a wildcard for Crescent Fixi Suzuki at Phillip Island and in 2010 at the same venue as a replacement rider for Echo CRS Honda before returning in the same year as a wildcard with HM Plant Honda. The 32-year-old also enjoyed more sustained stints in the championship in 2006 and 2007 with Bertocchi Kawasaki and Alto Evolution Honda respectively.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

This is what WSBK needed in order to gain my viewing number !

Brookes is a top man although this does mean my Milwaulkee Yamaha bodywarmer is now null and void :(
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Nice to hear more uk based riders in wsb but personally I would have liked to have seen him stay on the r1
Blade

Post by Blade »

We've got Alex Lowes on the R1 (y)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:We've got Alex Lowes on the R1 (y)
Yes but jb has had a year making it a winner and now knows it inside out,be nice to see the ninjas have a little bit of competition before they wipe the floor with everyone :D
Blade

Post by Blade »

Ninjas are in a different league and Im not just kidding around. Have you seen the Jerez test times there on Motogp pace on production tyres on a street bike.
Last edited by Blade on 04 Dec 2015, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:Ninjas are in a different league and that's kidding around. Have you seen the Jerez test times there on Motogp pace on production tyres on a street bike.
Yep good innit