Weekend Plans

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Weekend Plans

Post by Kwacky »

What's everyone up to?

Gym tonight.

Got the kids tomorrow and I need to see a man about some spiders. Kids Halloween party in the evening so I need to prepare the house for that.

Not sure on Sunday but meeting Beermonster in the evening for a (beer)
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Re: Weekend Plans

Post by TonyB »

Looking after my niece today. Evening to myself as the Mrs is taking our son to a Halloween party.
Going to Brick 2015 at NEC tomorrow, it's a Lego convention like MCN Live.
Sunday, Netflix and chill.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Nice plans..

I'm seeing a counsellor after work then head to the gym and maybe go for a swim after. Probably going to hit legs tonight. Either legs or chest as my chest is lacking!

Tomorrow I'm going to go for an early morning gym and swim session then hopefully clean my bike ready to start working on it over the winter. I also want to clean and polish my car (although it is still beading nicely from 3 months ago!) Rugby World Cup Final is a must-see with some bevvys then a Halloween party at our house. Im going as a Wolf and my girlfriend is Little Dead Riding Hood.

Sunday will be recovery and maybe gym and swim again. I may do a coolant refresh on the bike.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Gym yesterday. Then screwed the that up by having a harvester burger with garlic bread and a massive rockey horror haha!

Today off to have a observed ride with my observer. After maybe helping my dad with picking his bike up, but that's only if the garage will still be open at around 1300hrs. After that my partner is home today so will spend the time with her for the afternoon and evening

Sunday there's a social ride with my IAM group but unsure if I'll be able to make that, it's all down to what I've got left to spend on fuel.

Afternthatnprob house work haha
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Last night was rushing round like a boy arsed fly to collect the track bike and stuff.

Today is mainly spending time with the kids.

Tomorrow will probably be more of the same, and dropping the track bike off for storage.

Time will also be spent starting negotiations for almaria next year (bandit)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Chilling last night, today is a fairly quiet day other than some jobs around the house and watching the Rugby Final, then we're all off to watch Spectre this evening.
Tomorrow we've got a birthday to go to in Norwich - Mrs Gee's Uncle hits 70 - so we've got a big family do in Cosmo's In the city centre, i haven't tried them before so hoping for a decent meal.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cosmos is good Deegee. It's a place where you can sample food from around the world! The chefs at our one are pretty good and have clearly been trained very well.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Spot on with that Rossgo, the Indian/Asian/Italian/Mexican food was pretty good, I'm told the English trad stuff was below par, but hey - if you want that go to a carvery. Let's just say I ate myself to a standstill (eating sushi for dessert!), I've been so sluggish today as well. Definitely go again, but in an evening when the grills are running.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Deegee wrote:Spot on with that Rossgo, the Indian/Asian/Italian/Mexican food was pretty good, I'm told the English trad stuff was below par, but hey - if you want that go to a carvery. Let's just say I ate myself to a standstill (eating sushi for dessert!), I've been so sluggish today as well. Definitely go again, but in an evening when the grills are running.
Totally agree with that, the English stuff isn't great. but I guess your not going there for English food, was unsure if that was just in ours or if that's a more wide spread problem, guess it's the latter haha!! Glad you enjoyed it Deegee
Cav

Post by Cav »

Which IAM Group are you a part of Rossgo?

I did mine through CCAM (Cheltenham & Cotswolds). I've done maybe 3 rideouts with them since though and don't really have a great deal to do with them as more and more I am converting to Track only riding.

How do you find it? Are they preaching IPSGA to you?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I'm part of Thames Valley Advanced Motorists. Biggest in the UK I think +1000 people on the books. Personally couldn't rate them highly enough. Yes IPSGA is definitely God haha!!

Fair dos with track, you definitely seem to have quite a speed on you so track is best for you. Shame you haven't got an observer for your IAM is worth doing it
Cav

Post by Cav »

I've completed my IAM and have my qualification already. I did it about a year ago now.

Personally I believe that the IAM level of riding/driving should be the driving standard. I understand this would make many people fail their driving test but so what! It would mean more people driving illegally but they would stand out like a sore thumb and the Police would be able to nick them. It would reduce congestion, increase the money made by public transport which should push down the prices and would be better for us motorists that are of a decent driving standard.

Either that or they have a tiered system. Maximum Insurance group 15 or 115bhp for a standard license and unrestricted for an Advanced License.

Rant over.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Totally agree Cav and its not a rant its dam good sense talking. Myself and my wife did the IAM many years ago as like you say should be the basic standard of driving not an advanced level. When it's time we will actively encouraging our children to do exactly the same.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:I've completed my IAM and have my qualification already. I did it about a year ago now.

Personally I believe that the IAM level of riding/driving should be the driving standard. I understand this would make many people fail their driving test but so what! It would mean more people driving illegally but they would stand out like a sore thumb and the Police would be able to nick them. It would reduce congestion, increase the money made by public transport which should push down the prices and would be better for us motorists that are of a decent driving standard.

Either that or they have a tiered system. Maximum Insurance group 15 or 115bhp for a standard license and unrestricted for an Advanced License.

Rant over.
Definitely not a rant Cav!! Sorry didn't realise you have completed and passed your advanced.

Couldn't agree more though fella. Seriously some of the people I have seen pass is beyond me. They cant spot a hazard if it is in front of them etc. IAM level is good and should be something all drivers/ riders should be up to. Especially as we have extra people coming into the country we really need to have our white about us. Anyone who drives through Slough will know what Asian/ polish and Lith drivers are like...if there's a red light with pedestrians crossing then it means to stop in the middle of the pedestrians not before the white line. It's a joke there have seen driving go down hill inside the last 7-10 years and we just accept it as the norm now!!
Cav

Post by Cav »

Well I'm glad it isn't just me that feels that way!

I personally feel that IAM is a very good base to progress from.. I was a couple of marks of a F1rst (although as the youngest member by far I feel the guy testing me was not willing to let me get a F1rst regardless of how well I did). I would love to learn the police biking way of riding and I feel even that isn't the best that riding can be.

I personally get little enjoyment from riding anymore - on the road at least. The most fun I've had recently was with a group of friends over the A4017 from Llandovery over the Black Mountains. Even then, I was still aware all the time of the dangers and I wanted to get home and play Ride on the Xbox instead. Admittedly, it isn't all down to other motorists but it certainly has a large part to play.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav I have heard some examiners won't ever give a F1ST because they believe no one will ever ride that amazingly. So don't beat yourself up for that. I enjoy the road. It's the sites you get to see and freedom you get from it. Need to get out on track but havent managed to yet