Weekend plans

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Weekend plans

Post by Kwacky »

What you all up to?

Night in tonight as Mrs Kwacky is going to see her dad
She's at work tomorrow so I've got the kids in the day, then friends over in the evening for beers and takeaway
Sunday out on the bike in the day. Hopefully get the zx6r back in the evening.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Weekend plans

Post by Perkles »

tonight pub
tomorrow take sprog to kids party at the snowdome
sunday spend day with my mom
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Just come off nightshift so main focus will be trying to stay awake during the days, ha-ha.

Got football and 2 kids parties tomorrow.

Sunday will be continuing to try and stay awake with a big list of jobs to catch up on.

Yeah, what an exciting live I lead (gah)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Might pop to the pub tonight, by more than likely will end up crashed on the sofa.

Tomorrow will be spent blasting round the top gear track in some very expensive cars. On the list are:

* Ariel atom
* Audi r8
* a Ferrari (model not known yet)
* a Lamborghini (model not known yet)
* a Nissan GTR

No idea on Sunday.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:
Tomorrow will be spent blasting round the top gear track in some very expensive cars. On the list are:

* Ariel atom
* Audi r8
* a Ferrari (model not known yet)
* a Lamborghini (model not known yet)
* a Nissan GTR
Awesome! How'd ya score that?? Is it like a driving experience package or the like?
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Yes mate, it's a package that the family bought me for my birthday present.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:Yes mate, it's a package that the family bought me for my birthday present.
Enjoy yourself mate!!

I actual think awhile back you had a thread about choosing the cars, sorry, takes awhile for my brain to select the right gear (facepalm)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I wouldn't mind a go in a GTR
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Nutz really enjoy it which I'm guessing is a no brained and you will thoroughly enjoy yourself having a good rag around the track!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Tonight relaxing. Been to gym been catching up here before the missus comes home as she hates me reading up on here while she's in the house...it's no bikes time when she's around haha!

Tomorrow missus is off so we're thinking of go I g to the beach with the dog and getting out in the apparently nice weather.

Sunday off to an Advanced Braking course through IAM. Heard this is a good shout although very tough as you have to 'experience' a front wheel skid at a fair old lick...not too happy or convinced enough it will only be a skid. Wish me luck!
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

Sat: working on the bikes.
Sun: going BSB Brands Hatch, full VIP treatment courtesy of a mate involved with racing.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:Tonight relaxing. Been to gym been catching up here before the missus comes home as she hates me reading up on here while she's in the house...it's no bikes time when she's around haha!

Tomorrow missus is off so we're thinking of go I g to the beach with the dog and getting out in the apparently nice weather.

Sunday off to an Advanced Braking course through IAM. Heard this is a good shout although very tough as you have to 'experience' a front wheel skid at a fair old lick...not too happy or convinced enough it will only be a skid. Wish me luck!

Bikes are part of you mate, if the girl likes you she should accept them as part of what makes you, you. Believe me I found out the hard way not being yourself for a lass isn't sustainable. As long as you aren't being selfish and ignoring her there should be room for it IMO.

As for the braking, better to experience a front end skid with expert instruction in a controlled environment when you are 100% expecting it, it never happens that way on the road and with this training you'll be much more able to handle it if it does occur in the future.

But the fact you are doing this training shows you already appreciate the above, so I'm preaching to the converted :?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

^^ Kiwi yea she's not that bad really. She doesn't mind me biking, its more the fact it's potentially dangerous - that's what she doesn't like I and I can understand that and sometimes it eats the last few quid I have!!. Problem is I was earning more last yeara and every year before that and I could afford to keep everyone happy so wasn't an issue. this year pay has gone down because of our structure and now I can find it tough so it's only since this year it has turned into a problem. I'm just too stubborn to give up on biking haha!! Hasn't helped too that a prontion that should of gone to me has actually gone to a guy who has worked for the company for a year and has walked over to our department thinking everything is a walk in the park because he has loads of family connections inside the company!! Truthfully need to really find myself another job but you know when you stuck in a place where you know the job. The usual story I think!!

As for the braking course. Definitely worth the trip and cash. Will be leaving soon looking forward to it however it is hammering it down haha!! Its at RAF Oldiham so about 30 min away I guess and looks like I'm going to be soaked when I get there! Will try to take some picks
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

kiwikrasher wrote:Bikes are part of you mate, if the girl likes you she should accept them as part of what makes you, you. Believe me I found out the hard way not being yourself for a lass isn't sustainable. As long as you aren't being selfish and ignoring her there should be room for it IMO.
So true, like Kiwi I found this out the hard (see expensive and emotional) way, wise words imho.

Yesterday I was working in London, but got a flyer mid afternoon. Bangers and sauerkraut with watching a Harry Potter last night and sleep debt paid off overnight, today is work paperwork, visit my Mum and sort juniors boat out, oh and a curry lunch with a birthday pool party for mini gee tonight.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Deegee wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:Bikes are part of you mate, if the girl likes you she should accept them as part of what makes you, you. Believe me I found out the hard way not being yourself for a lass isn't sustainable. As long as you aren't being selfish and ignoring her there should be room for it IMO.
So true, like Kiwi I found this out the hard (see expensive and emotional) way, wise words imho.

Yesterday I was working in London, but got a flyer mid afternoon. Bangers and sauerkraut with watching a Harry Potter last night and sleep debt paid off overnight, today is work paperwork, visit my Mum and sort juniors boat out, oh and a curry lunch with a birthday pool party for mini gee tonight.
Currently dealing with emotional and facing down the barrel of expensive (facepalm)

Seems you've got it sorted now Deegee, gives me hope.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

So sorry to hear that Kiwi, it felt for a while as if the world I knew had been blown apart and I was standing there amongst the desolation with nobody to turn to. However, time spent with some good mates led to a lot of healing and I met another lass that liked me for the real me - and that's bikes, boats and surly step-son alike, sometimes to this day I still don't understand what she sees in me - and that's after just under 25yrs together. Trust me when I say it will get better, but not before it gets really nasty, but you'll get through it, pay the bills and put yourself back together and then, in a few years time you'll likely meet another girl that'll embrace who you are - she's probably going to be completely different to the current Mrs Kiwi, but she'll be there when you're ready.

Good luck for the future Kiwi anything we can do, just ask, cheers, Dave G.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Kiwi I know what your going through mate and truly feel for you buddy. Trying to lift your spirits in a light hearted, comical way just remember the future is bright the future is MILF :P

All joking aside mate keep strong and keep being the better man and this will hopefully pass quickly. Use the bike as an escape but please don't ride when your head is not in gear, easily done but can be messy.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Ending the weekend washing the bike and then slobbing out.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Sorry to hear this Kiwi. Hope eveythi g works out quickly for you mate. We're all hear when you need a rant or whatever!
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Thanks guys, was trying to keep this under wraps but unfortunately that innocent comment of Rossgo's hit a very raw nerve.

Currently on a 'trial seperation', living 10km down the road in a 2 bedroom cabin, not a bad little place actually, nearly brand new and fully furnished. I have the kids nearly full time when not at work so that keeps me sane. Not sure what the future holds, may work out, may not. It was my decision to move out, but we both decided to try this prior to making any permenant decisions. I'm not going to be one of those guys that slags off his ex wife, she's a good person and a great mother, just we don't seem to be the right people for each other. This has been on going since around the time I disappeared from the forum a few years back, so it just got to a point I had to break the cycle.

Worst bit of being down here is no phone line so my only internet is 3G!