50%
Save it for another day
50%

Total votes: 6

D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Supercorsa's in the wet?

Post by D6Nutz »

I've got my eye on next Friday at Mallory.. But there is a chance of a shower looking at the long range forecasts.

With the supercorsa's on the track bike should I do it anyway or is it just an accident waiting to happen?

BTW I've never ridden with supercorsa's before..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Supercorsa's in the wet?

Post by duke63 »

If its wet i wouldn't bother without wets, if it's showery though its probably worth a punt. Mallory will dry quickly as long as the showers are not torrential.
R1ckster
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC

Post by R1ckster »

Personally if it's wet I wouldn't bother going out.. I'd write off a few quid over several hundred quid of potential damage if you do drop it due to being wet. You'd kick your self after. It's the gamble you take when booking a trackday. Again personally.... I've never spun up a back tyre as easy as the supercorsa in the wet... But then again I wouldn't do a wet track session on pilot Road 4 either.. Throw your dice if you feel lucky do a wet session! It may be dry so fingers crossed

They take a bit more to warm up than all out Road tyre.. If its wet definItaly won't help at all.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I've ridden supercorsas in a monsoon at donnington and I'm not joking snow at Cadwell,not ideal but I didn't fall off
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

They will work fine ..
However I would not do it as you are already putting doubt in your mind about going out on them in the wet
Did the track bike not come with spare wheels ??

Save the brownie points and cash for a day you know maybe a bit better
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

supercorsa's are fantastic. i went out on wets at a rainy track day last month, and there were plenty of people on the sc's, we only had one red flag all day. just dont give it the beans like you would in the dry.
R1ckster
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC

Post by R1ckster »

Hmm if you can't give it the beans I don't see the point to be honest. May aswell have a ride round the twisties or b roads.. Same amount of caution being exercised and less likely to taken out by a dick.. I don't see the fun of going to track when you can't ride it like your on track. Horses for courses I guess. Personal thing :-)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Cheers guys. I'm going to keep an eye on the weather, but thinking I might book up early next week if it doesn't look any wetter.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Grip wise they aren't as bad as you might expect in the wet, just bear in mind that the tread isn't designed to shift much water so I wouldn't use them on standing water. I used them (on the road) over two winters and never found them lacking as long as I was gentle for the first few miles.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Personally wouldn't go out in the wet on them but would in a damp or drying track.

Best think to do would be source a spare set of wets on wheels and problem of British weather is fixed for ever.