Dash cams

The news and your views about biking
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Re: Dash cams

Post by R34PER »

I would say it's not so bad on the flats generally as they keep up a good pace mostly and just cause a minor inconvenience but I once got stuck behind a peloton on twisty, hilly country lanes which was a nightmare. I think it was an amateur race on open roads which took up a whole lane for about the length of a HGV or more with the odd one straying into the other lane now and again. If they had have been single file I would have never been able to pass though as the road wouldn't have allowed the room.

I think the main problem these days is that everyone is rushing to get everywhere and 30-60 seconds stuck behind something slower moving causes a massive outrage to some, I get annoyed myself at times if I'm stuck behind a 40MPH hero, those dickheads that do 40 regardless of the speed limit on the road they are on, be it 30/50/60mph limit roads they always do 40.

But back to cyclists, I see a lot of dodgy ones and a lot of good ones. When I cycle myself, I see a hell of a lot of dickheads in cars who treat cyclists as though they are lesser road users and think that because their vehicle is motorised they have a priority over cyclists.

I don't know how we could improve the current situation though, maybe stick all road users on different modes of transport for a couple of months as part of a road safety scheme or add modules of X amount of hours cycling and X amount of moped hours as part of driving tests to give perspective to people.

I think I went off topic a long time ago so. Dash cams, good for evidence bad for numptys that like to complain and find outrage at every little thing in their life.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

R34PER wrote:I get annoyed myself at times if I'm stuck behind a 40MPH hero, those dickheads that do 40 regardless of the speed limit on the road they are on, be it 30/50/60mph limit roads they always do 40.
I fricking hate those guys.

I think I went off topic a long time ago so.
Isn't that the Tankslap ethos?
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

R34PER wrote:I I see a lot of dodgy ones and a lot of good ones..

I think that's true of all road users, and unfortunately you only remember the crap ones which gives the rest of them (be it cyclists, bikers or whatever) a bad name.