Nepal and the avalanche footage

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Nepal and the avalanche footage

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-hit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32475030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scary stuff. You know it's always going to be a risk when you're climbing but to see it like that really puts things in perspective.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Nepal and the avalanche footage

Post by C00kiemonster »

I was there just over a year ago. I can't describe how remote base camp is. It took us a flight from katmandhu and 6 days walk to get there.

Very very scary, I'm gutted for the Nepalese. Nicest people I have ever had the privilege of meeting. The destruction of Katmandhu is just terrible too.
Binno
Your Bike: Hayabusa dogs dangly

Post by Binno »

I'm always a little underwhelmed by disaster relief by countries like ours. Those ghurkas have fought for us all these years and so far we have sent one plane and 15 Nepalese troops. It's a disgrace. The international community should all be forced to put money in a pot and have a standby force ready to deploy for things like this
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Binno wrote:I'm always a little underwhelmed by disaster relief by countries like ours. Those ghurkas have fought for us all these years and so far we have sent one plane and 15 Nepalese troops. It's a disgrace. The international community should all be forced to put money in a pot and have a standby force ready to deploy for things like this
Totally agree. Too much time talking, not enough action.