It's the small things...

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

It's the small things...

Post by Rossgo »

Just a quickie about the route home back from Skeggness and how differently it all could of been.

People drive wiping out masses of the country side using motorway systems or dual carriageways to get to one place to the next in the quickest time possible never looking up

When I we was coming back (and on the way there in that fact) we chose to go down A and B roads. Some of the views on the way there and back were amazing. Stopping by little villages that looked like they hadn't been hit with the mordern stick and the community having pride in their area. On the way back we decided to stop by a little stream for some piccies as I was shooting this duck came out waddling up to us quacking/ yelching came so close to me and i was down on my knees wondering what I had done next thing a group of ducklings came waddling over out of the stream. Couldn't believe my luck literally a foot away and then the duck just stopped, it was like she knew i wasnt a threat. Just amazing. If i was in the car all main roads I would never of seen that.

The bike is such a great way of seeing such beauty [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: It's the small things...

Post by Perkles »

I love the roads up in that area ,me and kwacky used to ride up to Cadwell quite a bit in the past,lots of empty sweeping roads that are great for a bike
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Great post mate.

It's nice to take time and appreciate the things around us.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles. Beautiful roads and landscape thoroughly enjoyable in both aspects. We went to Cadwell to the roads to it are great sure they get you into the spirit for a track day before you get there!!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Rossgo wrote:Perkles. Beautiful roads and landscape thoroughly enjoyable in both aspects. We went to Cadwell to the roads to it are great sure they get you into the spirit for a track day before you get there!!
We had some epic days at Caldwell,we used to ride up on a Friday do an evening session stop over get rat arsed then back on track in the morning and then ride home to brum the same day
I couldn't do that now it would kill me but great memories
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky thanks yes definitely life moves far to fast sometimes!

A pic a couple of minutes after they came up - I was in ore of them! They came up to my front wheel (to the right behind me as you look at the photo) walked along to the front of my boots checking me out then went back to mum. The pic looks pretty far (unsure why - phone camera seems to do it) but these were literally as far as I could reach. I could of picked one of them up if I reached out! They were at total ease with me and my dad. Makes you feel happy that they have that sort of trust in you.