Sunday 17th May - Wales Ride out

Rideouts, Trackdays, Pub meets and other events
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Sunday 17th May - Wales Ride out

Post by Blade »

Quick Breakie and then heading out, going to be a great day.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cu at the Raven or in Newtown soon.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Well i wont be on the 748 as the MOT expired last Wednesday. (facepalm)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I'm at Hopwood services see you soon
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Don't wait for me, guys. I am way behind schedule.

If i catch up with you then great, if not have a good day.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

One of those ride outs. Lost Rossgo and Perkles. I went to look for them now I'm the wrong side of a road block. So tea and cake at Crossgates then home.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I got to Craven Arms about 45 mins too late. Stopped, had a coffee had a chat to a guy on an S1000R and then came home via Wenlock Edge. Its too fecking cold out there.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I got back about 5 minutes ago.

Blade and everyone else went back to Newtown then off to Aber.

I thought Perkles was with Rossgo but it appears not. Hope he's ok. Sent him a text at 12.30 but no reply :(
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I waited for rosgo but lost him ,I Just got in I ended getting very lost in Wales on some nice roads,went home via Hereford and Worcester
I should have really asked where we were heading for ,nice to meet you all but briefly :)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Just got home and what a great day, cheers everyone it genuinely was a memorable day I'm sure we will chat about and giggle at for a long time.

Kwacky we met Rossgo in Aber so thanks for forwarding the message.

Had an absolutely brilliant day and the run to Aber from Newtown was the highlight for me and boy do I know why they call Rocket, Rocket (giggle)

Really good to see Frankie, Nutz and Rossgo as living opposite ends of the country its too far to meet regular, but its definitely been too long and was really good to see you all (y) Huge respect to you guys for the mileage you did today. I thought I was pretty good at 340 and my old bones know about so god knows how you three are.
Hope the journey home was fun, safe and not too tiring.

Perkles gutted we got split up as was really looking forward to chatting with you about the ten. Maybe next time mate, but you know where I am if you want anything or a chat.

Anyway times for a beer and motogp now so I'll shut up. But let's do it again soon it was a classic tankslap day.

Thanks for organising it Kwacky and sorry we all got split up but was as always good to see you and the SX look stunning mate 8)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Real shame you didn't make it today Duke. Its always good to see you mate. Hope you had a good ride anyway and catch up soon pal.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

No probs I was gutted I lost you all I really wanted to have a good chin wag but I had no idea where we were heading for or stopping at
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Nice to see everyone shame we got split up. Had some really good times and a bit low too. seeing the bike crash on the 458 was not good especially when I thought it may have been one to of us hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thanks blade but I'm no Valentino Rossi.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

As I organised the day out it's my fault people got lost.

In future I'll make sure that the first post in the thread will be updated.

The impression I got is that not all of the posts got read so people had different ideas about what was going on.

Sorry for that. Lesson learned.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Blade wrote:Real shame you didn't make it today Duke. Its always good to see you mate. Hope you had a good ride anyway and catch up soon pal.
I had backpack packed yesterday evening and everything ready, to bring the 748 and just as i was going to bed, i remembered i should have got it MOT'd this week. (facepalm)

I think i just lost the incentive to get out and ready this morning then and fell back to sleep after waking.

I had a particularly shite week at work and another one ahead this week and my head wasn't really in the right place anyway. Maybe next time.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Haha Rocket, but you do a good impressions 8)

Great day mate, absolute great day (y) can't wait for the next one (rock)
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:
Blade wrote:Real shame you didn't make it today Duke. Its always good to see you mate. Hope you had a good ride anyway and catch up soon pal.
I had backpack packed yesterday evening and everything ready, to bring the 748 and just as i was going to bed, i remembered i should have got it MOT'd this week. (facepalm)

I think i just lost the incentive to get out and ready this morning then and fell back to sleep after waking.

I had a particularly shite week at work and another one ahead this week and my head wasn't really in the right place anyway. Maybe next time.

No worries Duke, there will be other times mate, it's still early in the season.

Hope work improves for you too
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

What a day, just arrived home absolutely knackered!!!
What Happens in Wales stays in Wales (giggle) (giggle)

It was great to see you all again and new faces, like our Valentino Rocket Rossi (rolf) (raaar) So glad we managed to get to Aber... what a road, what a ride (rock)
On the way back I managed to loose Rossgo and Nutz, then promptly got myself lost somewhere on the Hereford/Worcs border ha ha some epic roads are always found by mistake. I then ended up going cross country through Lambourne when I got further towards home, did not touch a single motorway. I love my bike she done good.

GREAT TO SEE YOU ALL, EVEN IF IT WAS BRIEF FOR SOME (facepalm) next time - SOON (rock) 8)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Flaming nora, what a day..

I made it home about an hour a go some 430+ miles covered, it was great to see everyone again. Some brilliant roads and some great company.

My first time on the legendary 483, it was OK however I would have to say I personally enjoyed the A44 more. There way no way I was going to be able to keep up with Doctor Rocket though ;) ;)

All in all a good day..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Great day. Kwacky real big shame you didn't manage to get to Aber. Although it was a great ride and great weather for it so you organised a great trip.

As always company has been top notch hope to meet you all soon again [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Perkles couldn't believe I missed you mate. As I was last man I saw everything happen! Those lads broke us up filtering between us! I was following the last man of his group (he was a confident competent rider) but we hit a 30 down a hill with a right angle corner, he was sweeping around and he lost it on gravel smashing his bike on a big curb. Think he wrote his bike off in all honesty. He seemed to be laying on the floor for what felt like ever but then got up and was worried about his bike and started picking it up. A local (living on that bend) came running out and we both picked his bike up. I stayed with him for around 15nins until his mates came back and emu made sure he was ok then drove a few minutes down the road and had to pull over and stop because I was shaking after seeing it. (I know it wasn't me but shook me right up!) It just exploded in front of me. Could not believe the damage at such a low speed.

Blade great meeting you again [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] Rocket and Dale very nice meeting you and putting names to faces now [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Frankie. We seemed to of missed each other glad you managed to get home safe until next time [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. Nutz and I made our own way back and were very both very lucky we got to a petrol station just in the Nick of time with the help of a lovely white van man! He was us sign langauging to each other *fuel and he kindly walked up to us (waiting at A traffic light) and explained how to get to the newest one and if we were any later then we prob would of ran out of fuel because they were just closing!! Nutz thanks for the help with the visor got me home and is still stuck on strong!! Need to get in touch with Nexx stockists and see if they hold any of those locks (whatever they are called lol!!)

Anyway great day and great seeing you all again see you soon hopefully [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]