NEW TOY

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: NEW TOY

Post by Perkles »

Porsche flat six,s fire 1 6,2 4 , 3 5 I think blade felt one bank went down which doesn't point to that firing sequence,maybe it was just dodgy fuel or blocked injectors
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Thanks for the explanation Deege very much appreciated and helpful.

Very interesting info Perkles. I have made the assumption that cylinder 4,5 and 6 are all on the right bank. Feeling the gas exit the exhaust from the left pipe you could feel it being intermittent and hesitating where as the right hand pipe which I believe is the left bank of cylinders was nice and smooth. Have I understood this correctly ? I must admit its an assumption.

I do think it could be blocked injectors or similar as I opened here up on the dual carriageway and it was shortly after this that the fault occurred. The fuel level was low before we put £20 in and it had been sorn off road since November so although run a few times it had only been on short runs. Maybe the fuel had gone off and me gassing it up swept some crap through. However what I can't understand is why it would only effect 3 cylinders. If it was dirty fuel surely it would effect all cylinders ????
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Since i have had fuel injected bikes I have never had a problem with bikes left standing and the fuel blocking injectors as a result.

There is a piece in here about coil packs breaking down due to them acting as a heat soak. Then as they warm they expand and the insulation breaks down.

If the car was warming up after your short journey it could point to this being the problem.

http://www.brauntonengineering.co.uk/po ... -devon.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

looking at the engine from behind the car left bank 123 right bank 456
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticle ... t_pic1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A modern car should be able to be left for a few months with old petrol in and drive no problem imho,im glad you walked away from this one
My Ktm has stood since August last year ,it started first time and ran perfectly on saturday with old petrol in it
Last edited by Perkles on 09 Mar 2015, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Perkles that's how I understood it.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Dealer is being a bit of an arse about refunding me my deposit.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

How so, Blade? The car is not as described and not useable in its current state.

I don't think he has a leg to stand on.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Bit odd considering he's agreed to pay your train fair
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Hope you get your refund sorted, and I'd have done just the same in your shoes. This isn't a throw away item, it's a lifelong dream purchase of considerable value. It should be 100% anything less is not on. Tell you know a good lawyer. It's not Kwackys field as I understand it, but the dealers not to know that :)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade

Post by Blade »

He is back tracking on train fare and wants the chance to fix the car which he says I have to allow him to do.

I have rejected this as is my legal right as per the sale of good act 1979 and I have not signed anything.

He is saying I asked for tyres yo be fitted so he will deduct them from the deposit but as I pointed out I have an email from him saying he took a risk and bought them before I paid a deposit or said I wanted the car. Plus I have a report saying 2 tyres were illegal and the other 2 had advisorys so as I pointed out it need new tyres regardless who he sold it to and he shouldn't have been driving it with illegal tyres on. I'm not paying for someone else's tyres and that is fact.

I will get the money back he is just trying it on to bully me into accepting the car or loose my deposit, neither of which is going to happen.

I know my rights and have had assistance from someone Knowledgeable in these matters so he is trying is luck with the wrong person.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Oh I forgot to say "what a prick"
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

what a bad experience ,stand your ground and he will have to back down .Imagine if you had have bought and had to go back for warranty work !
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

And the award goes to the stupid prick that just lost his next sale
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade

Post by Blade »

That scenario was about 1 minute away from happening Perkles mate as the fault only occurred in the last few hundred metres of the test drive.

It would have been an absolute total nightmare so I'm very glad I got away with it.

It wouldn't just be the warranty I would be paying insurance for something I couldn't use and have taxed it for £485.

Also breaking down within 5 miles of the dealership I don't think the warranty cover would help as they normally have a time period before you can make a claim to stop dealers getting dodgy motors repaired as a scam.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

What a nightmare buying experience,hope you get it sorted quickly
Blade

Post by Blade »

It seemed such a genuine car with a very good history and no faults found on the inspection report.

I'm just thanking my lucky stars it happened when it did or in a nut shell I would be fooked.

Lucky escape and I'm very very glad.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

sorry Blade about the car and I too have encountered a problem like yours but mine was a brand spanker a few years back. Dealer was an arse then, never did get the car going on all cylinders but unfortunately I'd already paid for it

The car looked stunning by the way, I'm one for thinking that some things happen for a reason and I'm sure a better specimen will be just around the corner for you and yours

On a positive note though my tractor is going OK thankfully and have to shift 4 tonne of compost over the weekend, :)
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Maybe I should look at getting a tractor too (y)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Spoke to him and says will now refund my £900 but not travel costs. I'll take that (y)
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

good result....on the tractor thing you might have a problem with it as although a soft top it goes from 0-60 in about 3 days......if ever and I'm pretty sure Mrs Blade wouldn't like sitting on chicken poop, plays merry hell with soft leather
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!