Dragons Den Idea

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Dragons Den Idea

Post by Blade »

Just come up with an amazing idea. Going to take it to the Dragons as this will change the world we live in and make me rich.

I need the funding, but its my idea that's the winner.

Do you ever feel under pressure, short of time, too much to do and not enough time to do it in ???????

Well I have the answer. I'm going to invent the 48 hour day. I will get a range of watches and clocks made which run on the new 48 hour day standard and make a fortune as everyone will want one I m sure :?

Honda RCV road bike, Ducati Superleggra here I come ;)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Dragons Den Idea

Post by D41 »

:^
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Can someone check his temperature , he needs medical attention ASAP (shake)
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Im over worked and under appreciated thats all (rolf)

PS _ I suppose its a good job I can laugh at my own stupidty. I'll get my coat (blush)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Blade that's a crap idea.

Instead you need a 104 week calendar....and yes i thought of it first.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

If someone could inventn some kind of product or liquid to clean bikes that would be ace
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

D6 wrote:If someone could inventn some kind of product or liquid to clean bikes that would be ace
There you go, D6.

D41

Post by D41 »

(lol) (lol)

I was wondering more how Blade intends to slow the rotational speed of the Earth by half.....not to mention convince the other 7Bn people on the planet that this is a good idea??
Blade

Post by Blade »

I m going to right the zx10 in the opposite direction to the earths rotation as the two forces will equal each other and cancel each other out. Tbh I'm surprised you even ask, its that obvious.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

The mass of the Earth (M) is 6 x 10 to the 24 kilograms and its radius (R) is 6.6 x 10 to the 6 metres. Assuming it to be a solid homogeneous sphere, its moment of inertia (J) is given by 0.4 x M x R squared. It works out at 1 x 10 to the 38 kg m squared.

The planet spins once in 24 hours (86,400 seconds) so its angular velocity is 4.16 x 10 to the -3 degrees per second, or, more properly, 7 x 10 to the -5 radians per second.

Earth's angular momentum ( h ) is the product of the moment of inertia and angular velocity, which gives 7 x 10 to the 33 newton metre (Nm) seconds. This is the momentum the shuttle engines will have to counter.

The thrust (F) of the shuttle engines on take-off is around 4 x 10 to the 7 newtons and, if acting tangentially at the surface of the Earth, the torque (T) - or rotational force - about the Earth's centre is F x R, which gives 3 x 10 to the 14 Nm.

This torque acting over time (t) will change the Earth's angular momentum by an amount T x t. The time needed to reduce it to zero is h/T or 3 x 10 to the 19 seconds, or 840 billion years.

This is some 60 times the age of the universe, and by the time the shuttle had done its job there would be no weather or tides worth having. There is one other wrinkle: if the fuel needed comes from the Earth, the planet will get lighter and lighter. The whole of the Earth's mass will be expended as fuel long before the Earth stops spinning.

and thats using the engines from the space shuttle , I doubt even the zx10 has that much power available .
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Blade would piss it in an hour.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

What Jack said
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Bratty wrote:What Blade said Image
I have corrected it for you mate ;)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Jack wrote:The mass of the Earth (M) is 6 x 10 to the 24 kilograms and its radius (R) is 6.6 x 10 to the 6 metres. Assuming it to be a solid homogeneous sphere, its moment of inertia (J) is given by 0.4 x M x R squared. It works out at 1 x 10 to the 38 kg m squared.

The planet spins once in 24 hours (86,400 seconds) so its angular velocity is 4.16 x 10 to the -3 degrees per second, or, more properly, 7 x 10 to the -5 radians per second.

Earth's angular momentum ( h ) is the product of the moment of inertia and angular velocity, which gives 7 x 10 to the 33 newton metre (Nm) seconds. This is the momentum the shuttle engines will have to counter.

The thrust (F) of the shuttle engines on take-off is around 4 x 10 to the 7 newtons and, if acting tangentially at the surface of the Earth, the torque (T) - or rotational force - about the Earth's centre is F x R, which gives 3 x 10 to the 14 Nm.

This torque acting over time (t) will change the Earth's angular momentum by an amount T x t. The time needed to reduce it to zero is h/T or 3 x 10 to the 19 seconds, or 840 billion years.

This is some 60 times the age of the universe, and by the time the shuttle had done its job there would be no weather or tides worth having. There is one other wrinkle: if the fuel needed comes from the Earth, the planet will get lighter and lighter. The whole of the Earth's mass will be expended as fuel long before the Earth stops spinning.

and thats using the engines from the space shuttle , I doubt even the zx10 has that much power available .
I'm never THAT bored... but I'm still impressed someone went to that much effort!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Jack wrote:The mass of the Earth (M) is 6 x 10 to the 24 kilograms and its radius (R) is 6.6 x 10 to the 6 metres. Assuming it to be a solid homogeneous sphere, its moment of inertia (J) is given by 0.4 x M x R squared. It works out at 1 x 10 to the 38 kg m squared.

Do what now? (ttiwwp) (rolf)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

See what I did there ? ha ha
D41

Post by D41 »

This whole thing kinda reminds me of Spinal Tap and the scene about the 24 hour clock.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Chuffin hell Jack, that's heavy... Whats doing my head more than trying to make sense of it is that you posted that at nearly midnight !! My brain can barely cope with pulling the duvet over my head at that time of night (blush)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I wish I was brainy enough to write that , I understand it - just , it was blade saying he would reverse the rotational spin of the earth got me wondering what kind of forces would be required to acheive that, so I looked it up on google and that was the best ( most easily understood) answer , unfortunately my genius doesn't extend to physics , to be fair it doesn't extend much past drinking tea and smoking .
Blade

Post by Blade »

Jack wrote:I wish I was brainy enough to write that , I understand it - just , it was blade saying he would reverse the rotational spin of the earth got me wondering what kind of forces would be required to acheive that, so I looked it up on google and that was the best ( most easily understood) answer , unfortunately my genius doesn't extend to physics , to be fair it doesn't extend much past drinking tea and smoking .
Simple answer is - 1 Blade + 1 ZX10R = force required to reverse the earths rotational spin.