Bikers

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Bikers

Post by Blade »

If only everyone could be a biker the world would be a far better place I'm genuinely convinced of it.

I know there is the odd idiot on 2 wheels but I can honestly say I can't remember the last one I met or even that there has been many at all.

I've been having a few problems recently (nothing serious) but a complete stranger from a bike forum has gone out of his way to help me for
no other reason than to help a fellow biker regardless of the fact we strangers and separated by hundreds of miles so unlikely to ever meet.
This is not the first time this has happened to me either and quite a few people on here can be included in that list I'm proud to say

It really humbles me to know there are still decent people around in this crazy, hectic, materialistic world we find our selves living in today and I have
to be honest most of the good guys & gals I know are bikers so there must be something in it and this place has many good guys and girls I m glad to call
my friends.

I truly wish everyone could be a biker, I don't know why or how but some how being a biker, or the friend, partner or associate of a biker somehow separates the wheat from the chav and leaves a brotherhood of decent people who are always there to selflessly help each other no matter what the
need.

Boring, gay waffle over but in all sincerity I'm humbled to a biker and part of the biking community, and glad to call everyone on 2 wheels my friend (allhail)
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Re: Bikers

Post by beermonster »

Step away from the Magners! :D
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Similar experiences here, I've come to the conclusion that all bikers are friends, I just haven't met them all yet.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

beermonster wrote:Step away from the Magners! :D
I can't I'm swimming in it (y) and did I say all bikers are decent ................................................................................................ ;)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

I agree totally Blade.

I got a couple of extra OEM shocks with the track bike and I sold one thru' the local Kwacky forum. Bloke came and got it Saturday. Turned out to be another ex-pat kiwi and we yakked for ages. Got invited to join him and a bunch of the forum guys at a track day not long after I get back from my next swing. Although I've probably posted 4-5 times in 6 months on that forum I've got 4 PM's from guys I've never met saying it'd be good if I can make it and looking forward to meeting. Including the offer to score me garage space with them all.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Are you sure you've not joined gaydar? (rolf)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

(rolf) I was thinking that. Was he wearing a studded leather cap and chaps?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:Are you sure you've not joined gaydar? (rolf)
Well since it's the Kwaky riders forum... You tell me!? :*

I disagree Blade, the bikers here are all assholes (lol)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I'm sure he will have leather tassels on his handlebars next (giggle)

Glad to see you were helped by someone ,I do what I can for people but I must confess not as much as I used to , You are probably right about it being biker orientated.

I have recently asked another biker who we have not always got on for some help and he responded straight away with a willingness to see what he could do for me. I was bit humbled to be honest as the bickering was ridiculous at times on both sides

I think it's being part of a more isolated group of people . I am on a Great Dane forum on the dreaded FB and without exception if someone can help another Dane owner they will and some of the lengths some people have gone to is unreal

Media plays a big part and it's only the evil part of the world that is reported on ....Since moving to Llandeilo from a small village in Oxfordshire at Xmas the difference in the people is amazing, Oxford is busy and everyone in a hurry to amass as much wordly possessions as possible, here it's more about who has the biggest tractor :)
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I'm happy to help where I can. I do get a few requests for legal advice which I don't mind if I can do something to assist.

I do admit to getting a bit pissed off where I've helped people in the past (not current members) and not even had a thanks. I don't ask for anything, just a "cheers" will do as any time I spend helping out is my time.