Being Critical of the Police

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Being Critical of the Police

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/Clip/110143 ... k.facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good little video showing what happens when someone who is critical of the police is put in their shoes.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: Being Critical of the Police

Post by Frankie »

Well that's the whole point is it not, get people to think from the others perspective, especially like this,, now the rev activist fella, has done a complete turnaround.

Well so he should considering he just shot an unarmed man!
A very good vid as you say, should be alot more of these kind of things out there, and on the telly, rather this crap just started "Big Brother"!!! I cant believe that tripe is still on the telly.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

As Fkkr1s says, it usually only requires the ability to see the things from the other viewpoint to end an argument.

We tend to mistrust what we don't understand, it's hardwired into us. Sadly these days that pre-programming tends us towards bigotry & hatred.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Good vid....espesh from FOX 10??

I tend to be very supportive of the police....which is not to say for a second that there aren't bad ones out there....but they put that uniform on, and there's no guarantee they're coming home that night....they walk into a situation, they often have no idea what they're getting into.
I remember the miner's strikes....me Dad had 1200 officers under his command, but still he'd have to go out on the picket line & fight.....can't remember if he was an Inspector or a Chief back then....I remember being frightened every day when he left for work....assuming he'd even came home and not spent the night in his "command center"....which was basically a little trailer.

And Scargill can feck off forever.....there's few people I hold a genuine hatred for, but he's definitely one of them.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

I'd like to hear Mac's views on this.

For me it's a good argument for the Police not carrying guns, but that's very easy for me to say as I don't have to risk my life every day.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

I was surprised that there was no choice of weapons like a Tazer or pepper spray though as I thought those were also part of the equipment in standard use.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Monty wrote:I'd like to hear Mac's views on this.

For me it's a good argument for the Police not carrying guns, but that's very easy for me to say as I don't have to risk my life every day.
I would too.

I seriously considered joining a dept. for many years......my issue was always with the firearms.....I guess being British, I'm just not used to them....and if I'm honest, I'm uncomfortable around weapons......but I did have a conflab with an LAPD officer once who told me "Darren....it's just a tool....it's just one you hope you never have to use".....kinda changed my views a little bit.
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Monty wrote:I'd like to hear Mac's views on this.

I'm working late tonight, but I'll be happy to take a look at that clip and comment in the morning
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".