Local crime

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Local crime

Post by DaytonAndy »

http://www.police.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Put your postcode/address in and you can see reported crimes on your street/area. Click on it and it tells you the nature of the crime and status. Interesting reading lol!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Local crime

Post by Kwacky »

Most of the crimes near me seem to involve sex and violence.

I'm saying nothing.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

According to that the police don't seem to solve many crimes.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Most of the crimes near me seem to involve sex and violence.

I'm saying nothing.
(nod) On the advice of your solicitor .?? ....Oh, hang on a minute :?
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

None reported in my postcode.

..... & the pig farm down the road is still doing well.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

only 7 in november reported, mainly theft.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

only 154 in November reported.............. mainly antisocial behaviour, second place is violent and sexual crimes but some drugs, possession of weapons criminal damage and arson thrown in. only one vehicle crime and one burglary though.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

looking back over the last 12 months, violent and sexual crimes are high and appear often along with anti social behaviour. But people fighting and causing a nuisance I would have expected anyway. I'm surprised that there isn't more theft listed though but 150+ crimes a month average.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

34....but two aren't showing up???

Sis and her hubby are facing a stretch....this is mainly why I'm coming back to the joys of The North.

And all she's concerned about seems to be the bloody dog.....trust me Sis, as soon as I walk through that door, the dog goes out the other way.
I'm gonna take the fecker out to some field or other and do my "Born Free" impression.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:34....but two aren't showing up???

Sis and her hubby are facing a stretch....this is mainly why I'm coming back to the joys of The North.

And all she's concerned about seems to be the bloody dog.....trust me Sis, as soon as I walk through that door, the dog goes out the other way.
I'm gonna take the fecker out to some field or other and do my "Born Free" impression.
It's not the dogs fault it's owners are twats.. I seriously hope this is Darren humour.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

Nope......I don't care about that dog one bit.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

It doesn't matter if you care about the dog, animal cruelty is a crime and not to be accepted or tolerated in any capacity.
D41

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:It doesn't matter if you care about the dog, animal cruelty is a crime and not to be accepted or tolerated in any capacity.
And I accept that mate......I'm just saying that someone else's property is just that.....theirs, and their responsibility alone.

And I don't think I proposed cruelty by any stretch.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I m very glad to hear it mate.

Even letting a domestic pet be born free as you suggest would be cruelty though as it won't be able to feed or looks after itself.

Very glad to here you were joking though which I suspected was the case.
D41

Post by D41 »

OK....yeah, I'm not just gonna set loose some dog (like "Fenton") and let it go nuts....well actually, that might be fun.
It just gets my goat up a bit when terms like "fault", "blame" etc., are mentioned.....a dog or cat feels none of these things, because they aren't capable of rational thought, or possess a conscience.....coincidentally, this also means they have a direct genetic lineage to the good people of Cornwall...but we'll leave that until later.

However.....whilst some may think that animal cruelty is wrong....when was the last time you felt bad eating a bacon sarnie??....I mean, we are carnivores as a species, which means someone is gonna get hurt at some point...yes?? :D

No-one seems to complain that Kentucky Fried Chicken went on to become "KFC".....because they don't sell chicken anymore....they sell mutated birds with 4 legs and 4 wings, without feathers.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Whether you were joking or not, this convo is pissing me off. To let a dog run free is animal cruelty full stop. It's likely to get run over, starve or mis-treated as a stray. It's doesn't matter if it has a conscience or not, it's still not the dog's fault that it's owners have put themselves in a position to be unable to care for it, so why should it suffer as a consequence. If you do get lumbered with the care of the dog and don't want that responsibilty, take it to an animal shelter at a minimum.

Cruelty to animals is in no way equal to farming and consuming animal products. Their industries are heavily regulated to ensure the animal is not treated cruelly. Yes they are killed, no denying that, but there is generally no suffering. And before you ask, I don't buy any battery farmed eggs or chicken products. That practice is on it's last legs too IMO.

Rant over
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Interesting reading on the crimes in and around the area.
D41

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:Whether you were joking or not, this convo is pissing me off. To let a dog run free is animal cruelty full stop. It's likely to get run over, starve or mis-treated as a stray. It's doesn't matter if it has a conscience or not, it's still not the dog's fault that it's owners have put themselves in a position to be unable to care for it, so why should it suffer as a consequence. If you do get lumbered with the care of the dog and don't want that responsibilty, take it to an animal shelter at a minimum.

Cruelty to animals is in no way equal to farming and consuming animal products. Their industries are heavily regulated to ensure the animal is not treated cruelly. Yes they are killed, no denying that, but there is generally no suffering. And before you ask, I don't buy any battery farmed eggs or chicken products. That practice is on it's last legs too IMO.

Rant over

'Course I didn't mean to upset you mate, and I apologise totally if I did.....I'd prolly give the little fecker a few days and see if I could warm to him, and if not then find him a good home......animal shelter I'm not sure on, 'cos many of those dogs are only held for a few weeks at best before they're put to sleep......that inandofitself is animal cruelty if you ask me.....or more like merely a stay-of-execution.

My point is more that I would be given a responsibility that I didn't ask for, and don't necessarily want. I'm not a dog-hater or anything....I actually quite like dogs....I just don't want one.
My other point, on a much more personal note, is that my Sis and BIL let conditions deteriorate in my Dad's house to the extent that Social Services had to come in and remove Dad to a care home.....oh, and the Police came....hell, I had to call them a few times....from here!!!
I think you'll agree, that's a pretty bad situation....and if that means I have to remove an animal which is defecating all over the house, then that's the way it's gonna be, and I have no qualms about it.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

I appreciate all that D, and I was pretty sure you were joking. Just cruelty to animals and kids really boils my blood, plus I was at the very end of a 3 week stint offshore when I wrote that so my mood was pretty sour, I'd missed a fair bit of family stuff, christmas etc.

I'll try to be more mindful next time, even though I still stand by everything I said.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

yes I really hope that was a tongue in cheek remark.

May I suggest animal sanctuary straight away so that the animal can be in astable environment from the onset. Not the dogs fault

I'm with Blade and Kiwi on this , I'm involved with quite a few animal rescue centres and I know what i'd do to some people and wouldn't lose a wink of sleep I can tell you.

I'm about to re-home some pigs and yes I do eat bacon I also re-home battery hens and I'm pretty sure if anyone really knew how they are treated would never buy cheap eggs ever again. Even when they say free range on the box it is border line cruelty.

Thankfully I get my eggs off my neighbour as I know they are totally free range, usually in my garden !!! Sadly my ladies don't lay anymore :-(

Off my soap box now
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!