The Sainsbury Christmas Advert

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Re: The Sainsbury Christmas Advert

Post by StMarks »

Blade wrote:Tbh I think everyone on hear just wants to argue at the moment, there must be something in the water but if there is I'm going drinking somewhere else.
:( If that is aimed at me, then I apologise if I appeared argumentative Blade. That genuinely was not my intention.
duke63 wrote:It doesn't offend me but I just don't think its an appropriate use of such a subject to enable Sainsburys to make more money....
At risk of appearing argumentative; If a documentary was made about the event, could you not argue that the production company, actors, broadcaster etc.. were all making money on the back of it.?
The fact that Sainsburys are a corporation does little to enamor them to us, but perhaps may not be just cause to be any more critical of their actions mate.?
Perkles wrote:The Iceland adverts are better :)
(giggle) A closet Peter Andre fan Perky.??
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Yea he's well sexy
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

No not at all StMarks the comment was sincerely not aimed at you mate, I promise.

I'm just being grumpy tbh as everyone seems to disagree or want to argue at the moment and it was a very general comment as I'm getting a pee'd off with it tbh but wasn't meant at you and was just a flippant comment meant in humour (blush) .

Definitely not aimed at you though mate and apologies if it seemed that way.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

Blade wrote:. . . . . tbh as everyone seems to disagree or want to argue at the moment . . . . .
i have been reading all the posts/topics on the forum of late and i have also noticed this, that is why i have not entered into any of the debates/discussions, im not being ignorant but i really cant be arsed with arguing over matters that we can do nothing about. however, i do encourage people to carry on as it makes entertaining reading.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

StMarks wrote:
Blade wrote:Tbh I think everyone on hear just wants to argue at the moment, there must be something in the water but if there is I'm going drinking somewhere else.
:( If that is aimed at me, then I apologise if I appeared argumentative Blade. That genuinely was not my intention.
duke63 wrote:It doesn't offend me but I just don't think its an appropriate use of such a subject to enable Sainsburys to make more money....
At risk of appearing argumentative; If a documentary was made about the event, could you not argue that the production company, actors, broadcaster etc.. were all making money on the back of it.?
The fact that Sainsburys are a corporation does little to enamor them to us, but perhaps may not be just cause to be any more critical of their actions mate.?

Perkles wrote:The Iceland adverts are better :)
(giggle) A closet Peter Andre fan Perky.??
There is a world of difference between making a programme that educates people and something that bends the truth to make money from it.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote: There is a world of difference between making a programme that educates people and something that bends the truth to make money from it.
Fwiw, it seems to me that is a give that we all must "find an angle" in order to put food on our plates, or fuel in our bikes. So generally I find it difficult criticise others for doing so, unless I believe they do it in an unjust way.

I wonder how many of the Farcebook generation were even aware of the 1914 Christmas truce, before they jumped onto the "outrage bandwaggon".?

To me it was by far the finest moments of that era. A brief moment when those poor soldiers in the trenches were allowed to see that the the ones in the opposing trenches were the same sons of bankers & sons of lawyers as themselves. All were victims of their respective high commands who were largely both incompetent, & blasé to the suffering of the troops.

(blush) But as I have fairly been comprehensively slated on 675.cc for my appreciation of Monty the Penguin, I shouldn't let our differing views worry you mate. :D

Let's just agree to differ, and celebrate the fact that entertaining differing views is part of the fabric of the forum. It would be a very dull environment if we all had identical viewpoints IMHO.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I suppose the irony of it all, is whether or not you think it's appropriate, is that it's getting more coverage, and will ultimately make more money for Sainsbury's, making it a successful campaign.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

As I don't have a Tv I had to google it........It was a very memorable time in history, but whether it is morally right to be used in an advertising campaign I'm not so sure either way. I can see both sides of the coin.

I wouldn't complain that's for sure. My views on anything like this is rather than email a complaint that would probably give the company even more publicity I always vote with my wallet.

It's why I don't go to any british rounds of bike racing anymore. Over priced and nothing like the treatment you get when watching in Europe
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Si.
Your Bike: fireblade

Post by Si. »

Well...if the profits of the chocolate go directly to the Royal British Legion...Then theres nothing to complain about.

Very powerful and moving advert in my opinion!

I'll buy a chocolate bar or 2 from Sainsbury's', but will still do my shopping at Aldi.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Si. wrote:Well...if the profits of the chocolate go directly to the Royal British Legion...Then theres nothing to complain about.

Very powerful and moving advert in my opinion!

I'll buy a chocolate bar or 2 from Sainsbury's', but will still do my shopping at Aldi.
I watched this add for the first time last night after reading about it on here - ALL OF THE ABOVE except - Replace Aldi with Sainsbury's as they deliver my grub ;)