Weekend Plans

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Re: Weekend Plans

Post by rocket »

a change not 100% on what bike as im still going back and forth in my head that's why i want to ride one. But the rsv is going , not sure why but i feel out of love with it at donny just could not jell properly with it
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Blade wrote:
bb41 wrote:well a wine weekend for me to drown my sorrows , new boiler gone down and can't be fixed until tuesday.
Thankfully have the wood burners in the kitchen and conservatory but no bloody hot water.

Boiler man out today and it's not the flue, gas supply or electrodes so bugger it , I'm not moving far away from the fire, blowing a hoolie outside and pouring with rain
Not good on a new bolier. Will they fix under warranty ?
Yes they will , the worst of it is my Mum who lives with me is a terminally ill cancer patient so she needs heat more than anything, she's ok in the day but won't leave a fire on at night.
When I explained this they still wouldn't try and find an earlier slot for me.
Stripped wash in a tin bath for me today and off to get coal as it burns hotter than wood and lasts longer , plus it will spark up in the morning if it's stoked up before bedtime
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That can't be easy for either of you. Caring for someone is difficult enough.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

rocket wrote:a change not 100% on what bike as im still going back and forth in my head that's why i want to ride one. But the rsv is going , not sure why but i feel out of love with it at donny just could not jell properly with it
I didn't get on with mine at Donny but fell in love with it at mallory,Donnys a fast scary track if your not in the correct frame of mind it won't be fun
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

bb41 wrote:
Blade wrote:
bb41 wrote:well a wine weekend for me to drown my sorrows , new boiler gone down and can't be fixed until tuesday.
Thankfully have the wood burners in the kitchen and conservatory but no bloody hot water.

Boiler man out today and it's not the flue, gas supply or electrodes so bugger it , I'm not moving far away from the fire, blowing a hoolie outside and pouring with rain
Not good on a new bolier. Will they fix under warranty ?
Yes they will , the worst of it is my Mum who lives with me is a terminally ill cancer patient so she needs heat more than anything, she's ok in the day but won't leave a fire on at night.
When I explained this they still wouldn't try and find an earlier slot for me.
Stripped wash in a tin bath for me today and off to get coal as it burns hotter than wood and lasts longer , plus it will spark up in the morning if it's stoked up before bedtime
So sorry to hear about your mum and completely disgusted at the service the boiler people are giving you surely they should give you priority. I m sure your mum is glad of all your support and care although it must be extremely difficult for you and you really could do without the boiler issues.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Err....drying my flooded garage. :(

Wifey put curtains in the garage sink....except that's also the drain for the washer....feck me, there's water everywhere!
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Have had a quiet weekend, Mrs Gee had a bit of a stressful week, so it's been R&R for her, feeling better now thank goodness.

BB - I feel for you, we've had our heating out in November before as well when mini Gee was little - it's no joke, sounds like hot water bottles are the order of the day, fingers crossed you get an early call from the heating engineer.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Blade thank you and you all for kind words,unfortunately it's asbestos cancer which results in a lot of pain from diagnosis so being warm is a priority plus I had a walk in bath installed for her and she can't even soak away the pain, Morphine is not doing it at the minute so hopefully docs will up the dose for her this week

What I'm more frustrated at is the sheer lack of I don't care attitude to a lot of companies especially bigger ones, the elderly, sick and children should all be priority in my book
Glo worm were happy to take my money when paying a kings ransom for the thing ,

I called an emergency engineer yesterday morning as things were getting desperate, was told an engineer would phone me in 10 mins to arrange a time promising 60-90 mins arrival. 2 hours later nothing, so called again an engineer did call me back only to tell me he couldn't make it

So this morning it's still bloody freezing until I get the burners up to temperature, but even worse no hot water........ I SMELL (puke)
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!