Front tyre profiles

The news and your views about biking
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Front tyre profiles

Post by D6Nutz »

Well there is definately going to be a new set of tyres in the purchasing list.. I might just squeeze another trackday out of them if I turn the rear, but it's looking very second hand.
Frankie wrote:why not have the best rubber you can get for the trip, especially as it's a few days on a nice warm track.
I'm starting to think that way mate.. I might wait until after christmas and see if there are any deals around, but I might be able to sneak them past Mrs Nutz when she's not looking.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I agree with Frankie don't skimp on tyres.

If you push them too far and come off the expense is going to be much more than a £90 set of scrubs. Plus you want to feel confident on a TD and not have the condition of your tyres in the back of your mind when hooning round a track.
Last edited by Blade on 06 Oct 2014, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:I agree with Frankie don't skimp on tyres.

If you push them too far and come off the expense is going to be much more than a £90 set of scrubs. Plus you want to feel confident on a TD and not have the condition of your tyres in the back of your mind when joining round a track.
Exactly the conclusion I came too Blade. Was shopping about for AU$200 scrubs, but in the end shelled out AU$520 on new Metzeler Racetechs, as Deegee says quite rightly, tyres = confidence and I don't have much of that at the moment, so I'd rather not be worrying about tyres. I know these will handle more than I can throw at them.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.