School over reacting

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Re: School over reacting

Post by Mac »

kiwikrasher wrote:Jesus, I didn't know you guys had that level of bullshit to deal with!! That's craziness. I don't understand how the hell a school has the authority to fine parents?? The school my son goes to doesn't even charger school fees. It's a rural school and all costs are meet by local fundraising and parental donations.
^^^
What he said (f1)
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

This has nothing to do with a child's development and learning and everything to do with the schools Ofsted rating. Nothing more nothing less and it sickens me.

If I ever need to take my children out of school (haven't needed to yet) I will simply lie to them.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

It's difficult for people not involved in education to see that Ofsted is not a positive force within the School system, the reverse is true in fact, they are not there to make schools better, they're there to provide political influence and so called "authentic" information at election times.

It is a corrosive and negative organisation.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Ofsted is useful to catch the failing schools and staff.

But it doesn't work for those who are not failing and indeed provide a very good education for their pupils.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Sadly in my locality I've seen good schools destroyed by Ofsted and bad ones acclaimed simply because they have the right paperwork in order. The mandate is good, the execution flawed, it really is a crying shame tbh.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It's great for providing short term fixes for problem schools. I have seen some very poor schools turned around, but that just pushes the problem to another school

I've yet to see a school turn around for the better and stay like that while the schools around it maintain their previous standards.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

This happens to a guy at work a few times a year. His kid is pretty young but the school demands he collect her even when he's working. He leaves work and has to come in on Saturdays to make up the time he lost. He gets so annoyed that he has to waste his time off (that could be used to spend with family or earning extra for family outings).
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Hmmm....similar state with schools here....all too often it's the result of a language barrier, or at the very least the perception of one. End of the day the school trades down to the lowest common denominator....and that's OK too, except my kid did not just spring over the Mexican border from El Salvador. And it's usually not the kids who are the problem...kids adapt fast - it's the parents, it's always the parents.

The education system has gone soft......members of a certain age will remember the canings and beltings we used to get....but corporal punishment is a major no-no these days....now everything can be "talked out"...utter crap.