Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: How to avoid scams when selling your bike

Post by Kwacky »

Or avoid all the crap and part ex it.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

Kwacky wrote:Or avoid all the crap and part ex it.
Great idea unless you just want the money :(

know anywhere that takes bikes as a p/x on cars? I know some places do but it's not really advertised.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Not off the top of my head.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I don't mind giving my bank acc details so money can be transferred as I hate paypal.

I normally accept 100.00 deposit within 24 hours if it's on ebay, non returnable. I don't mislead anyone on any advert no matter what it is.

If I send a cheque then my name, sort code and acc number are on it and to be honest there's not a lot they can do.
Wasn't Jeremy Clarkson who gave his bank details in a newspaper and nothing happened.

My KTM was a classic case. A guy bought it and paid a deposit through paypal ,I immediately transferred it into my acc. He wanted it collected by courier and after checking the company out I felt comfortable to proceed.
I accepted a bank transfer for the remainder and as soon as that came in I then transferred it elsewhere . I kept in regular contact and I had his name and address and contact details.
In truth it was the easiest transaction I've done. The courier looked over the bike and contacted the man and agreed it was as it should be and off he went.
Made it nicer than having someone come over in the evening and see I'm a lone older female and try and drop the price a wedge.
They are unaware I might be knocking on but with wisdom I don't suffer fools gladly
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!