Improvisation following Highside

The news and your views about biking
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Re: Improvisation following Highside

Post by Godzilla »

Cornish wrote:
Godzilla wrote:
Critch wrote:Chain is a gold tsubaki so firstly not rust! I lubed it on weds night before the track day but my hein gericke lube never looks wet. It's also been through the track equivalent of a dusty field during the highside and subsequent slide. My leathers used to be white and blue. Now they are a dusty shade of brown! The chain needs a bloody good clean along with the rest of the bike now but it was fine on weds. My arse is a bit bruised from doing a superman and landing on my arse on the side of the bike then surfing it as it slid down the track. Other than that I'm fine thank god!
Its nut just the rust in the first pic it very much looks like you have a tight link, above the very left white cable tie. Links are not straight, chin look goosed to me.
Godzilla, so you're aware we're talking about Critch here, if any part on his bike is road legal its a miracle! You wont find a bigger abuser of bikes than Dan 8)
I will, chains anyway, I had a friend never uses lube on his chains, just ran them till they were shagged then bought a new one. Reckoned it was cheaper lol.