What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Rob »

What is it that you do Cavetroll? Or more importantly, what is it that you want to do?
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

atm I do admin in recruitment, as for what I want to do Im quite happy to do pretty much anything , im not a sales hound and struggle with picking up a phone and just busting out calls so wouldnt fancy a job like that so really want move away from recruitment, I used to be a manager in a retail store before this (oh how my life went downhill lol) and worked in warehouse and always quite enjoyed that so something like that would be good again but just need to keep looking, Im sure something will come up eventually. I also used to teach guitar in my spare time but I dont have the right paperwork to do that officially and its too much of a risk atm to go self employed and do it as I have no customer base

What I wish is I could get into a more hands on type job and my biggest regret is that I never did an apprenticeship and I just cant afford to not be in full time work anymore.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Post by Rob »

Totally agree on the apprenticeship thing. When I left collage I decided I wanted to get into banking as I was tottally money orientated. I am now in my 13th year in the industry and I find it as dull as dishwater!!

I was the only one of my mates to choose and "office" job as they are all now plumbers/gas engineers/electricians. I wish I went with them on the journey as they are all now their own boss, runnning their own companies. Dont get me wrong, with that also comes the worry of not finding work, but that is the same with nearly every industry nowadays unless you're in a job which will always be needed within this country (a funeral director or the like) .

Saw in the news the other day that Norton have helped set up a British Motorcycle Manufacturing Academy which is starting to run apprenticships - http://www.britishmotorcycleacademy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That would have been a pretty cool thing to get into. Admitidley you are never going to earn mega bucks working on a motorbike but at least there will be a high level of job satisfaction.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Yeah I saw that, they were taking on a couple of 19+ people, im not sure they want 27 year old me no matter how enthusiastic about Bikes I am lol, my dad was in banking and would have loved me to do that, unfortunately I was stupid and spent my entire life from the age of about 14 to 20 odd doing nothing apart from playing guitar religiously when I wasnt working in a shop, as a result, I play mean guitar but I dont have many qualifications that will help me in the real world as all ive done is retail and admin
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I sold my trailer this evening, and earlier today we blew £250 on Mini Gees school uniform for September. I didn't even get to keep the money for a whole day.... :|
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

resting after a long day in the saddle
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:Cheers all

Today I have been mostly soaking up more rays, drinking more beers and ogling some hot Russian birds in their thong bikinis.
Can't believe it hasn't been said but....

(ttiwwp)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

This morning was spent chasing my dog across numerous fields after being spooked by a runner at 5.30 this morning , I am not a happy bunny and she is in the dog house for the rest of the day.
After the initial panic of losing her was quickly followed by extremely annoyed after knowing where she was.
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Kwacky wrote:resting after a long day in the saddle
Tell me about it, I'm getting old, my hips knees and back are giving me grief this morning so glad I can go to work to recover, but it was well worth it great day out.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Deegee wrote:I sold my trailer this evening, and earlier today we blew £250 on Mini Gees school uniform for September. I didn't even get to keep the money for a whole day.... :|
Wow, how many kids have you got ? A full classroom's worth (giggle)
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

This week the station is doing a big push on Force Development (basically encouraging us to take part in activities which enhance our teamwork ethos. And shit like that!).

So today sees me having a "lie in" until 0715, then a bit of a chillax, walk the dog and then off to the station go-kart track for some rear-ending shenanigans.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I'm off to Doncaster for the day to take some statements.

Living the dream.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Kwacky wrote:I'm off to Doncaster for the day to take some statements.

Living the dream.

Ohhh sunny Dony you are living the dream (party)
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

I'll swap anyone I'm changing nappies like no tomrrow as someone has the runs ........ (sweat)
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

rocket wrote:I'll swap anyone I'm changing nappies like no tomrrow as someone has the runs ........ (sweat)
I thought you'd be old enough to use the loo by now......
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Itchy wrote:This week the station is doing a big push on Force Development (basically encouraging us to take part in activities which enhance our teamwork ethos. And shit like that!).

So today sees me having a "lie in" until 0715, then a bit of a chillax, walk the dog and then off to the station go-kart track for some rear-ending shenanigans.
The station go kart track??!!

Is this what I pay my taxes for. :?
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Itchy wrote:This week the station is doing a big push on Force Development (basically encouraging us to take part in activities which enhance our teamwork ethos. And shit like that!).

I didn't think you paid taxes mate :D
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Not in this country at least, the big cheese-eating surrender monkey!!!

I say track, it's more of a shed load of knackered tyres marking out a course around an otherwise disused bit of cracked, gravelly, bumpy, pot-holed uncared for bit of tarmac.

I say tarmac...
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Bratty wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:

I didn't think you paid taxes mate :D
I don't, but I reckon I paid enough in the past to cover quite a few other peoples tax bills (wasntme)
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

ordered some new footie boots as started doing weekly kick abouts with some mates again after a couple of years lay off and mine were very tatty and old, should be here tomorrow in time for tomorrow night