The next prime minister

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: The next prime minister

Post by Kwacky »

I'm banning no one

Unless D41 gives up his sobriety again ;)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Tempting......
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

It was a bit of sarcasm. That was all. It clearly didn't go down well. Which I apologise for

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:
Kwacky wrote:Rossgo. That's the sort of language used by extremists like Isis and the Nazis.
Full agreement kwacky. Trust it was misplaced banter / sarcasm Rossgo?
Yes it really was. I didn't mean for it to be that awful to be honest. Was not meant to be hate speech

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Rossgo wrote:
Blade wrote:
Kwacky wrote:Rossgo. That's the sort of language used by extremists like Isis and the Nazis.
Yes it really was. I didn't mean for it to be that awful to be honest. Was not meant to be hate speech

I thought it was mate. Seemed so out of character and unlike you.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Blade wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
Blade wrote:

I thought it was mate. Seemed so out of character and unlike you.
(wait)
bb41 wrote: Rossgo.. such a kind and gentle person.. keep that it's a good trait to have
Signing off now and my best regards Rachel xx

(giggle) Of course, I think you'll find I've actually known Rossgo longer than the rest of you. :x

Kidding mate, good call on the apology. (y)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:Parliament can form a new government and ask the Queen to approve the appointed leader as prime minister. You don't need a general election.
Im sure your right but hows that democratic?

Basically in that scenario the people have zero say in who governs them. That's closer to a dictatorship than a democracy imo. Cant see that happening tbh, but who knows in these crazy times (wasntme)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's the way it always happens mate. Every time there's an election they have to go to the Queen and say they can form a government if she agrees. May and Johnson did it when they became leaders, not after a general election

When you vote in a GE you're still only voting for your local MP, not the prime minster.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:It's the way it always happens mate. Every time there's an election they have to go to the Queen and say they can form a government if she agrees. May and Johnson did it when they became leaders, not after a general election

When you vote in a GE you're still only voting for your local MP, not the prime minster.
Proportional representation ftw.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:It's the way it always happens mate. Every time there's an election they have to go to the Queen and say they can form a government if she agrees. May and Johnson did it when they became leaders, not after a general election

Yes I understand, the what is now just a formality, where by the Queen approves her government.

But May and Johnson were only a change of leadership in the ruling party, which was elected by the people. That elected party was put in power by the people voting for their MP in the GE.

For a change of political party to be installed as a Goverment by the Queen, without first hearing the choice of the people (via voting for their MP in a GE) that is wildly different imo and not democratic, its putting all the power in 326 MP's hands.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Except the Government lost that majority but losing by elections and pissing off so many of their own MPs that they walked away to the other side and in some more recent instances telling them to f off anyway.

So they only have themselves to blame.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Parties don't exist inside parliament. Don't forget the Tories joined with the liberals to form a government. You have to look away from the thought that it's a party who has to form a government. Johnson could fill his cabinet with Sinn Fein if he wanted to.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Vote to oust him will happen early next week by the looks of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-49863544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I think Cummings has pissed a lot of people off. Johnson could save his own skin by ditching him
duke63

Post by duke63 »

The arrogance of Cummings is scary. You only have to look and listen to him to know what sort of person he is.

Johnson on his own does not have the intelligence to get very far.
Blade

Post by Blade »

So if we get a care taker Prime Minister next week and a Brexit delay is achieved to give time for a GE, will remainers actually accept the result this time? Or if it doesnt go their way again, will the toys still be out of the pram demanding god knows what, and derailing the will off the majority by any means possible(blush)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I was pissed off with the result but I accept it.

It's not brexit that's the issue, it's the way it's being delivered.

If Boris is ousted and there's a delay to brexit then there has to be a general election. It's the only solution I can see.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:So if we get a care taker Prime Minister next week and a Brexit delay is achieved to give time for a GE, will remainers actually accept the result this time? Or if it doesnt go their way again, will the toys still be out of the pram demanding god knows what, and derailing the will off the majority by any means possible(blush)
I voted remain, but do believe that we could be a strong country without the EU.

The main reason I voted remain was my belief that the only way we can stand a chance of being that strong country is to negotiate a really strong exit deal. To do this we need a string government who can work cross party to build a negotiating team, and I didn't feel they could do this.

So far I've been proven right I think.

Would I accept a leave result, of course. IF and only IF the government was delivering what we voted for. Hard brexit is not what we voted for and the result will not match the campaign promises.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:So if we get a care taker Prime Minister next week and a Brexit delay is achieved to give time for a GE, will remainers actually accept the result this time? Or if it doesnt go their way again, will the toys still be out of the pram demanding god knows what, and derailing the will off the majority by any means possible(blush)
I voted remain, but do believe that we could be a strong country without the EU.

The main reason I voted remain was my belief that the only way we can stand a chance of being that strong country is to negotiate a really strong exit deal. To do this we need a string government who can work cross party to build a negotiating team, and I didn't feel they could do this.

So far I've been proven right I think.

Would I accept a leave result, of course. IF and only IF the government was delivering what we voted for. Hard brexit is not what we voted for and the result will not match the campaign promises.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:I was pissed off with the result but I accept it.

It's not brexit that's the issue, it's the way it's being delivered.

If Boris is ousted and there's a delay to brexit then there has to be a general election. It's the only solution I can see.
The nation needs to accept the result this time.

We cant allow a trend where the losing side constantly derail any progress the ruling party try to achieve.

My view differs massively to many on here, but I lay the blame for the mess we are in at the feet of May. If she wasnt so cock sure, complacement and trusting in the poles at the last GE we would have a strong majority goverment delivering Brexit.