The new improved fitness thread

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: The new improved fitness thread

Post by Blade »

beermonster wrote:Got back on the bike for the first time since being knocked off and knocked out a few weeks ago. It went OK, though I was pretty nervous with the amount of braindead mongs with their uncontrolled kids and dogs in Cannon Hill Park. I decided that the roads should be pretty quiet on a Bank Holiday Sunday so came home via the Pershore Road. it was only 6 miles, but it felt really good to be back in the saddle. Hope I can start to lose some of the stone I've put on recently.....
Although I never knew of your accident ( hope your OK ) very glad to hear your back in the saddle and enjoying it.
Fireblade_Ro
Your Bike: 2003 Honda Fireblade 954

Post by Fireblade_Ro »

After months of training... and practice runs along the canals for the Waterside series... this weekend was the Devises to Westminster - with team "Sanmigel, Kayak and Crutches"!

I cycled alongside them for nearly 6hrs before getting into a car and continuing by driving then running to portages. With Sam needing assistance into and out of the boat, handing him his crutches and then helping Nigel to carry the boat this was some epic work out!

Never have I felt so proud in all my life... sadly we had to pull them out of the race at Marlow... 14.5hrs into their 24hr race... due to sickness, meaning Nigel was unable to keep any food down. Absolutely gutted for them, but what they have achieved is phenomenal. Maybe next year for Sanmigel, Sam and Nigel!

Here's a few shots of the before (nice and clean!) and during (mud!!), after pics have been left out... as there are a few nasty cuts on their hands... it's too early for gore!
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Great post well done to everyone. Sorry to hear you had to pull out but awesome effort and something to be very proud off.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

As blade said, an amazing effort and something to be really proud of.

I have a massive amount of respect for people who challenge themselves like this.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Kwacky wrote:I've got a freebie for April which allows me to take a mate, so if any Brummies want to join me at Fitness First give me a shout.
I might take you up on that if it's still available. (y)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It is.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nice work Ro.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Awesome effort Ro! That's a pretty muddy bike! Still an amazing achievement despite not being ablr to complete it, well done the whole team.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I did an all round body blaster with 10 second rest periods between sets. It killed me. By the time I got to doing leg presses I was on about 60% of my normal weight. I'm bashed.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

5 mile run last night, really enjoyed it and felt comfortable for the first time in a while...

Just booked up a triple challenge, a 10k race a month starting in june. I know from the half marathon that I should be able to do 10k in 55 mins, so I'm going to set myself a goal of 50 mins.. 8 minute 30 miles for just over 6 miles (sweat)

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
beermonster

Post by beermonster »

Cycled to New Street, train to east Brum, cycled to work. Same in reverse this evening for a total of 12 miles. I'm done in now!
Fireblade_Ro
Your Bike: 2003 Honda Fireblade 954

Post by Fireblade_Ro »

After my DW cycle effort Im now looking to train for Tough Mudder (Culden Faw) - is anyone else on here doing this? Started half hour runs every day... but need to be increasing it more. That and lots of hanging exercises (chin ups etc)!
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I got home early so hit the gym again. It's such a different place before 7. Nice and relaxed. No meatheads throwing weights about or groups of 20 somethings stood around texting and chatting.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

5.5 mile fartlek session tonight. Silly name, fooking hard training.

Might have to rethink my 50 min goal for the 10k as I miscalculated somewhere and it's actually 8 min miles for 6 miles, that's an increase in pace of 1 min per mile in 2 months. It's possible, but unlikely.

kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:5.5 mile fartlek session tonight. Silly name, fooking hard training.

Might have to rethink my 50 min goal for the 10k as I miscalculated somewhere and it's actually 8 min miles for 6 miles, that's an increase in pace of 1 min per mile in 2 months. It's possible, but unlikely.
Keep aiming for it mate, you might surprise yourself! I did remember reading that time goal and thinking you'd upped your pace a fair bit! But I wouldn't be surprised if you get close to that, you've put in a lot of work!

Meanwhile I'm still thinking about going for a run (blush)
beermonster

Post by beermonster »

D6Nutz wrote:5.5 mile fartlek session tonight. Silly name, fooking hard training.

If anything will help you reach your goal then fartlek will. I remember starting a program of that when I was 16 - I lost 3 stone and dropped my mile time from >10 minutes to under 7! I can barely run a bath now, mind.... :D
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Well I don't feel so bad for not running on the treadmill while I've been out here this swing now...

I borrowed a Fitbit charge off a friend and thought I'd see how much ground I cover in a shift. Now today was a tad busier than normal but I have plenty of days like today in a swing. So at the end of my shift the activity tracker told me I'd done

16,387 steps or 11.44 km and climbed 108 floors which equates to about 1400 stairs! Bearing in mind I do this in steel cap safety boots, overalls and hardhat in 32-34 deg C and 85-90% humidity.

I ate desert tonight and didn't feel one bit guilty!!
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

That's a FSI old distance to cover mate.

I went out for s run with the club tonight. Loving the nice weather for a change. Added a bit extra on to the planned route and ended up covering 9 miles, happy days.

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My wife and I both have cuts and bruises over our hands from sparring yesterday. If the police spot us they'll call the domestic violence unit.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »