The new improved fitness thread

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: The new improved fitness thread

Post by D6Nutz »

Recovery run on Monday, 5 miles at an "easy" pace.

Tempo run tonight, club run was a 5 mile consistent pace. Our group ran a perfect 9 min mile over the whole distance, really happy.

The extra running has also fine good things for my weight. I've dropped below 90kg for the first time in years.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

New leathers then soon matey....
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Sorted the gym at home out yesterday so hitting the weights tonight first time in probably seven months so gonna be sore tomorrow
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Shoulders and arms last night,

I'm really bored of the gym now. I've lost most of my interest. I think I need a break from it.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Recovery run again on Monday, not sure it should be called recovery though :^ ended up doing a blast with a couple of the guys which saw us run and 8:30 mile.. Hit the gym yesterday for the first time in a while for a cardio session, went for lots of cardio machines that didn't involve impact on my legs.

Now firmly set into taper week. No more excercise now until Sunday, and plenty of carbs. The weather at the moment for Sunday is looking near perfect for a half marathon so really looking forward to it now.

@Kwacky, I know what you mean about the boredom and monotony of going to the gym. I was at that stage before I joined the running club. Does your gym do classes??

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Got my half marathon this Sunday too. Training these last few weeks has been difficult and intermittent what with family illnesses and too much work but i've kept it up over the year so not expecting any major problems though whether i will improve or even equal on last year is very doubtful.

I've also got a bio-mechanical visit with a proper chiropractor next week to try and sort my flat feet and hopefully help with my knee problems.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Good luck to you both D6Nutz and Duke63!! Sound like you both have put a lot of hard yards in so it'll definitely pay off on race day.

Can you come over here and get me motivated?
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

You pay for the airfare and i will force myself to come over to train you. :)

Actually scrub that... you will have to wait 7 months, its coming into spring here and you are going over to autumn/winter. :D
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:You pay for the airfare and i will force myself to come over to train you. :)

Actually scrub that... you will have to wait 7 months, its coming into spring here and you are going over to autumn/winter. :D
I think our winters are still better then your summers (nod) they are generally drier than summer and a good winters day will still be 20-25 deg and clear skies. A cold day up the hill where I live is about 10-13 during the day, but 20 mins down the road it'd be 20 ish
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Yesterday saw a number of things happen in Itchy’s world of fitness.
We saw a long-awaited return to work’s Thursday afternoon gym session, in which I would normally hit the weights.

However, my son has been off school due to a sickness bug so the missus has been unable to walk the dog during the day.

Okay, methinks, I’ll kill two birds with one stone and go for a run with the dog. In fact, I’ll kill three birds as we’ve just had a new fitness trail installed on the field where I usually walk the pooch.

Thinking I’d be able to do a lap, smash out some pull-ups, do another lap, smash out some dips, do another lap etc, etc, I got into my running attire.

Being a cold afternoon I decided to utilise my Skins compression top.

What the holy hell?

I still had my RAF trousers on with the belt done up. As I pulled the compression top down I started to resemble a bin liner full of yoghurt, the tightness of the top further enhancing the sagging flesh hanging over the top of my belt!

You know when you bend over you can grab a bit more fat around your belly? Well it was like that, except I wasn’t bending over.

To say I was shocked was an understatement. Perhaps it was karma. I ran into an old friend at work that day and had been taking the piss out of him for putting weight on since I saw him last. Although to be fair, he had put about a stone and a half on since August last year!

Anyways, seeing this mess of a waistline in the mirror gave me a little extra incentive to run a little bit harder when I was out there. At least, it did for the first lap of the trail. By the time I got to the pull-up station my heart was racing and my lungs were doing what they could to keep me alive, and consequently the 6 measly pull-ups I did manage were most certainly not “smashed out”.

My next lap saw me decide against doing dips on the bars, my shoulder still isn’t right and I’m booked in to see the physio to get it sorted, but more than anything it saw me have to cut a corner because my dog had decided to go and say hello to some people, despite my repeated shouting to him not to. The first family’s dog told him, in no uncertain terms, to flipping well do one!

The second dog wanted to play with him too, but they got a bit boisterous with each other.

The third set of dogs once again told him to f*** off.

I was quite annoyed at this stage. Ozzy is normally good off the lead, and usually returns on the 2nd call if not the 1st. I don’t know if it was because I was running instead of throwing a ball for him or letting him loose through the woods, but to sum it up, he was being a dick! I had to cut corners off the trail to either catch him or avoid others just to stop him being such a colossal pain in the arse! I ended up cutting the run short because it was getting ridiculous. I got him back on the lead just in time for him to go berserk at a dog wearing a vets lampshade collar and jumping into a massive pile of dog crap.

I’m looking for agility classes now to give him something to occupy his juvenile brain. Prick!

And I’m still fat.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

:D

Time to stop bulking and start shredding ;)
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Sadly true. But why do they make the bulking foods so tasty?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's shit, isn't it? Surely mixed kebab meat and chips with mayo and chili sauce should be an ideal pre-workout meal?
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

And now I want a kebab.

Damn it!
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:Got my half marathon this Sunday too. Training these last few weeks has been difficult and intermittent what with family illnesses and too much work but i've kept it up over the year so not expecting any major problems though whether i will improve or even equal on last year is very doubtful.

I've also got a bio-mechanical visit with a proper chiropractor next week to try and sort my flat feet and hopefully help with my knee problems.
Best of luck for Sunday mate. Have a great race..

C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Good luck chaps!
duke63

Post by duke63 »

And you too, D6Nutz. Weather looks like it will be perfect for running.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Good luck again fellas (Nutz and Duke) been a few years since I punched out a half, but best advice I can give is pace yourself especially in the middle 5 mile/7 km, best to go a bit easier and have more than you need. For the last third, you can always make up time, but you it's hard to recover from pushing to hard.

All the best !!!
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

Hit the gym again tonight, so thats Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday

I started off with my usual 4200m in 20 mins and then used the cable weights. Theres a spin class which Im tempted by but as the bikes were free tonight, I did my own thing and ended up doing 10k in 20 mins non stop ... the sweat was pissing out of me. I enjoyed it and will try for the 30min next time which is the length of the spin class

Im embarrassed to say that over Christmas, I ballooned to over 17st but with a diet and the gym, Im now a more respectable 15st7 ( at 6ft )

I'm going to keep at it to try and break the 15st mark
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

nice going Spudda.