What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:As if we don't have enough to contend with, our son his having problems because his g/f is having anxiety issues and we have found out much of it is down to the fact her previous boyfriend used to bully and beat her.

WTF is wrong with this cowards who think its acceptable to bully and beat women??? It should be an automatic imprisonable offence.

I wonder how they would enjoy getting the same medicine back inside?
All he can be is supportive, loving and over compensate with her to make her feel safe. Trust me - i've been there.

Plenty of wankers in the world sadly, mainly us blokes with anger inside them.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I hope he has a lot of patience as that's what is needed.. hope she's okay too
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

duke63 wrote:As if we don't have enough to contend with, our son his having problems because his g/f is having anxiety issues and we have found out much of it is down to the fact her previous boyfriend used to bully and beat her.

WTF is wrong with this cowards who think its acceptable to bully and beat women??? It should be an automatic imprisonable offence.

I wonder how they would enjoy getting the same medicine back inside?
Awful for such a youngster. I totally agree really should be a harsher sentence and serious schooling on these guys however fact of the matter is, it's a 6 month job and out.

Bloke next door left his misses bruised and bloodied with an oven glass dish. His kid rang the old bill. He went around the corner waited for the old bill to appear and walked in as if he had no idea what went on. His kid said everything and it took every police officer there to get him arrested - I just remember a lot of coppers, ambulance and shadows and alot of shouting. Should of seen the hall way, massive holes in the walls where his head was pushed in to control him. Out less than a year because of some legal clause - she couldn't get to a legal proceeding or something. Didn't help that he called her everyday from prison. Problem is it's how he was treated by his parents and in his head it was normal. He had a hard childhood (my misses knew him for years and years). Our prisons are overcrowded that's another issue. The lady and the kids have since moved flat

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Unfortunately he is getting to the point where he can’t cope himself, he is only a young lad finding his first steps in his working life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

duke63 wrote:Unfortunately he is getting to the point where he can’t cope himself, he is only a young lad finding his first steps in his working life.
That's tough for him as it's hard to find the right words to say and to comfort his GF. It's horrible for his GF to of been in an abusive relationship and it's clearly affected her which I'm not surprised about she should never of had that sh&t experience.. Being young and having a lot on plus having the extra strains can get a bit too much. I wish them both the best

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Cav

Post by Cav »

Latest thoughts and rumours...

Work Forum being set up which is mandatory for a company to do before more redundancies. That is being done this week and the first meeting will be next week. A company has to allow 30 days for debate before letting less than 100 people go or 45 days for 100+. Essentially we will all find out before the end of January.

Off the back of that, there are rumours of either 10% or 20% of staff at the site I work at being made redundant.

I haven't heard back on any of the jobs I applied for but I'm new to all of this so don't know what is the norm.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Apply for Canada, New Zealand and Aussie residency ;)

What does your wife do for a living?
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Yeah, get out while you still can Cav.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Cav

Post by Cav »

My Wife does stock control in a supermarket but with NZ (and probably Aus) she is included with me because I score enough points.

I just don't know if she would do it.. she would miss her parents too much to go if I'm honest. I'll certainly take a look at it though :)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

My wife was an only child. Her dad said if I wanted to start a new life overseas he would sell his house and pay for us to go.

My wife didn't want to leave her parents behind. I wanted to leave but didn't fight for it.

We both regret it.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I think this is why I am looking at FIFO jobs abroad... taste the foreign life a little and see if I can spend that much time away from home
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

It was 30 years ago this August that I moved out here. I've not regretted it at any time. Not once.
But I definitely would've regretted it if I hadn't done it......that's the way I look at it.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

We don't regret your decision either :p
D41

Post by D41 »

Thanks, that's encouraging.
You know, there's a pub a few doors down from my old house....when we were wee bairns in the early '70s we' d peek in through the windows...when we were teens we'd go in & drink...in the 2000's when I'd visit me parents we'd stay there.
And it's still...STILL the same feckin' people trudging in for a pint on a Friday, Saturday night, etc.
What a drab existence!! I can't comprehend that sort of mindset...life in the ruts.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

In ten years time, US contracts and work practices will be common place in the UK if The Tories win the election. I would put money on the NHS being nothing like it is now as well. US companies are queuing up ready to be let in. That will be the end of completely free healthcare.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

D41 wrote:Thanks, that's encouraging.
You know, there's a pub a few doors down from my old house....when we were wee bairns in the early '70s we' d peek in through the windows...when we were teens we'd go in & drink...in the 2000's when I'd visit me parents we'd stay there.
And it's still...STILL the same feckin' people trudging in for a pint on a Friday, Saturday night, etc.
What a drab existence!! I can't comprehend that sort of mindset...life in the ruts.
That's the North East for you. A drab existence.

I actually like cali too. Quite enjoy going there even if I don't see that much. Been a little while since I've been now. But there's a lot more to the area than just desert
D41

Post by D41 »

@ Duke...

Oh...but if another party gets in everything in healthcare will be just great in ten years time?? Give me a break.
US vs. UK in terms of quality of care are very comparable overall. I'm sure you've read a bajillion stories that say otherwise, and I'm sure there's an element of truth to some of them....but it's really not that bad Duke, it really isn't....not on a day-to-day basis.
Monty

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:@ Duke...

Oh...but if another party gets in everything in healthcare will be just great in ten years time?? Give me a break.
US vs. UK in terms of quality of care are very comparable overall. I'm sure you've read a bajillion stories that say otherwise, and I'm sure there's an element of truth to some of them....but it's really not that bad Duke, it really isn't....not on a day-to-day basis.
**** off! How many bankruptcies due to health care in the US? And how many in the UK? The answer to the latter is zero by the way.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

What part of "@ Duke..." did you struggle with, Monty??
Monty

Post by Monty »

"What part of "**** off!..." did you struggle with, D41??"

Was what I just typed, then I remembered the Pigeon and thought better of it
Monty™© MCMLXXII