What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Cav »

Yeah that's fair enough mate (y) There's a site in Stone (Staffordshire) which you may be able to work from ;)

I can sympathise with the "need to unwind" aspect of your situation.. fingers crossed you do matey
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Kwacky wrote:Thanks mate but it's a bit far to travel ;)

I'm riding out the storm for a bit. I just wanted a rant as I'm pissed off and feeling pretty low. I'm tired. I need a rest.
Chin up mate.... not easy to do when work is the issue, i can totally relate, i had to take a couple of days off last week, was not well at all, managed to try and clear my head over the weekend, sort of managed it, Monday morning I am back to feeling ill.... cant take any more time off, but struggling to concentrate, let alone other issues..... what is the one common thing ??? Yep having to go to work lol....trouble is like you, money needs to come in. I did try getting off the train, but then other worries came up... Lack of wedge!!
Hopefully some down time will help and clear your head, but I hate to be the nasty, but it does not take long for that to wear off if things have not changed in the environment where it is causing it.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Trevorking1964 wrote:I had a wisdom tooth pulled.
My local walk in centre has a dentist. Flat fee for treatment and pulled it there and then.
In and out in an hour.
Cost me £18. I believe its gone up since. £21 from memory.
Literally had no idea they could do this. May bear this in mind. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I've told my boss I'm pissed off and that I didn't want to come in today.

She was very frank and told me she's in the same boat. She's massively stressed as well. She's refused to take on any more work and told the bigger bosses to recruit at all levels. She's not the only one as well, a few partners are pissed off and refusing to take on more work.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Is the business being ‘fattened up’ so the owners can make a big profit by selling it?
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Sorry Kwacky just seen this as been a mental day today.

Not good to read and hope things improve. Is seeing your doctor and getting signed off for a week an option?

It's good to have plenty of work on but not at the expense of your health and well being.

Hope things improve soon.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

duke63 wrote:Is the business being ‘fattened up’ so the owners can make a big profit by selling it?
Yep. There's rumours about us being floated.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cheers Blade. That's been suggested by my wife as well but to be honest I'll only spend any time off worrying about work :D
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:Cheers Blade. That's been suggested by my wife as well but to be honest I'll only spend any time off worrying about work :D
Not if you have a few beers. Not the long term answer, I know but helps me relax and take my mind of hassle and stress when things mount up. Just 1 or 2 social drinks is all that's needed. Maybe at a pub lunch with your wife if you meet her for dinner.

That or spank the wife and the bike back to back (happy)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Funny you should say that. I did mention to my wife that is been a long time since I got properly shit faced. Like 5 day hangover.

I need a blow out
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Fcuk...it's been years since I had a drink.
Sooooooo jealous!! :D (rolf)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Jeez Kwacky. Didn't realise it was as bad as this. At end of day they will certainly notice it when the work starts to pile up and no one can or will start on it. Defo look out for yourself dont let yourself sink for them.

You work to live. Not live to work

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

I too am rather surprised Kwacky, I was under the impression that you kinda' enjoyed your job.
Not long ago you even decided not to move to a different employer.; http://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The reasons for you staying sounded sound & powerful. Perhaps if you don't feel satisfied with the "improved situation" that they created for you, it may be worth pointing out that their employment isn't living up to your reasoning for staying with them.?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

As I said in that thread, it was a hard choice to make, it was finely balanced but I put my family first as the other job would have meant too much time out of the house.

Plus that was last year. Since then a lot has changed at work.
Blade

Post by Blade »

TBH Kwacky I feel like this some times too. It may sound obvious or silly but I focus on the positives when I feel like that. Think of the good things your job offers you:

I dont know what they are but maybe: More time at home with family, short commute, secure bike parking, private health care, good salary which allows you the standard of living you want for your family.

Bit nandy pandy for me, but just trying to help buddy. Nothings perfect, some times its hard, just hope things improve soon.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Blade wrote:TBH Kwacky I feel like this some times too. It may sound obvious or silly but I focus on the positives when I feel like that. Think of the good things your job offers you:

I dont know what they are but maybe: More time at home with family, short commute, secure bike parking, private health care, good salary which allows you the standard of living you want for your family.

Bit nandy pandy, airy fairy for me, I know (blush) but just trying to help buddy. Nothings perfect, some times its hard, just hope things improve soon.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You're right and I do. Last night I left work pretty much on time. I didn't take my laptop home and I made sure I couldn't do any work. I slobbed out, cooked some dinner, played with the dog, went out for a walk then watched some TV with my wife. It was bliss.

I'm the only one in today so I'm taking it easy and doing little crappy jobs.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Good for you (y)

Some times it takes effort to relax and I'm terrible at it. Enjoy the best things in life as you did last night. Works not that important in the grand scheme of things.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

It takes me so much effort to relax - never actually realised until you wrote it just now.

I find it much easier to just keep going, do more, achieve more. I'm in for another 12 hours today, off thursday for hospital and dentist, going to be another 14 hour day on Friday, busy weekend then more long days next week
Blade

Post by Blade »

I rarely relax Cav and I know it's not good for me but I struggle with it and being a worrier it's my personality unfortunately.

Even if I'm watch TV, my mind is often else where, planning or organising something else which is going on in my life.

I m always ON, I dont think I have an OFF switch (blush)

I live my life 10 steps ahead of where I'm actually at. Has its advantages as I'm always prepared for most things, have good fore sight and I'm very organised. Negatives are it's terrible for my mental well being and I know I need to make changes. I also probably drink to much too, which is purely to unwind. If I'm honest I also need to change that but it's hard and that's not an excuse it's just not easy to change habits and personalities.