Stoner extends Honda MotoGP test deal

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Stoner extends Honda MotoGP test deal

Post by duke63 »

In my opinion Stoner and Guy Martin have the same personality issue in which they both hate being a slave to the media and also dislike being in a crowd. But they have gone about coping with it in completely opposite ways.
If Stoner is happy in what he is doing now who are we to question what's right or wrong.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:In my opinion Stoner and Guy Martin have the same personality issue in which they both hate being a slave to the media and also dislike being in a crowd. But they have gone about coping with it in completely opposite ways.
If Stoner is happy in what he is doing now who are we to question what's right or wrong.
You are dead right there Duke, I have just read both their bio's back to back. I can tell you it was a great insight to them both. I admire them both as riders and people. They both hate the media circus and the politics. That might sound strange especially with Guy's TV stuff but he's turned down more than he's ever done.

Both books are a easy read, I would reccomend them both.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Yep i have read both bikes too and without a doubt in my mind they both have autistic spectrum disorders ( as most of us do to a lesser or greater extent).

Guy Martin has had his diagnosed as he says in his book.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:Yep i have read both bikes too and without a doubt in my mind they both have autistic spectrum disorders ( as most of us do to a lesser or greater extent).

Guy Martin has had his diagnosed as he says in his book.
Yup I thought the same, as you know I have a tad of experience in the field. So I wasn't shocked at all when I came to that part of the book. Stoners book was good and very informative but Guys was brillant I reckon. Made me want to save up my pennies and leave passes enough more to get over for IOM but now I also want to tie in some Irish Road Racing rounds!!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.