What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Kwacky »

The first one I had I was off my face on morphine. So I loved it.

The next one I was sober. I hated it.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Blade wrote:Been for a double MRI scan.

Nearly an hour in there and disappointed to come out as weirdly I find them so relaxing which is weird as there quite noisey, confined spaces.
I've been told off for falling asleep and twitching in them. I too find them very relaxing
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Been for a double MRI scan.

Nearly an hour in there and disappointed to come out as weirdly I find them so relaxing which is weird as there quite noisey, confined spaces.
I’ve had that many in the last 12 months I’m the same mate, I nearly fall asleep, but get yelled at when they can see me drifting off too (lol)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Went for a little helicopter ride and sitting on my little metal tropical island

Been told there is no expectations on me for this week and I can basically do what I like. So far I’ve had 2 coffees and chatted away the first 3 hours (lol)

I’m moving into the Turbine/Gas Export Compressors role by the end of the year so I’ll probably just go hang out there once I’ve caught up on all the goss
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Yesterday went to Ellan Valley and Devils Bridge. Finally walked around the waterfall and seen the bridge in it's full glory. Defo not for the faint hearted, my dog got scared as the stairs and slopes are blinking steep, at one point I had to carry her and she also got nervous by the noise and well.

Got chatting to a couple whilst at the waterfall and well who lived close to Newcastle. They loved our dog and were saying they couldn't bring theres as they were biking down. Prob spent 20 mins chatting to them!! They were staying at the Devil Bridge Hotel, very swanky!

Today's hopefully we are heading to Anglesea. Longish drive (2.5 hours) but there are some beaches up there so we will stop off and have a walk im hoping theres something on on at the track, just want to be able to say I've been there!!

Here's some pics from yesterday ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Cav

Post by Cav »

That looks lush !!

I'm about to chair a meeting on something I've never done before with a load of senior people I've never met before. It should be a project co-ordinator doing this but ours is pretty shocking so I've done it all myself instead. Semi-regret the decision right now haha.

I do believe it's good to feel uncomfortable, it proves you aren't just doing same-old things and you are pushing yourself.

I do hate how anxious I'm becoming these days though.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You'll be fine Cav. It does show they've got confidence in you.
Cav

Post by Cav »

It all went okay, the people in this meeting were helpful too as there's lots of things I don't know (being mechanical and not electronic based).
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Glad to hear it went ok Cav. Being your first time.i dont think they can expect you to perform a million quid. But it's good you can try these things and also gets your name out there with how much you are willing to push yourself

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Not off to Anglesea today. My doggy isn't feeling too well so going to stay fairly local. Also my misses doesn't fancy going there lol!!

C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Driving part of Route Napoleon from Grenoble to Gap and then beyond. OMG (shocked)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

C00kiemonster wrote:Driving part of Route Napoleon from Grenoble to Gap and then beyond. OMG (shocked)
That looks like a bendy road.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

C00kiemonster wrote:Driving part of Route Napoleon from Grenoble to Gap and then beyond. OMG (shocked)
Amazing. Really fancy that. Is it a good biking road ?

Give the Jag the beans (rock)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:
Amazing. Really fancy that. Is it a good biking road ?

Give the Jag the beans (rock)
Boy are they biking roads! I'll do a writeup and vids when I get time but the roads we are doing today are the best I've ever driven imo.

The jag has had the beans, chips, egg and sausage today! 8)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Look forward to some Video Cookie (y)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Is it really any wonder that Anthony Hopkins is dyslexic?? :D

Great pics BTW...enjoyed those. (y)
Blade

Post by Blade »

D41 wrote:Image

Is it really any wonder that Anthony Hopkins is dyslexic?? :D

Great pics BTW...enjoyed those. (y)
Hey, I'm dyslexic you cant.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

You are??

Eat something.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Yesterday instead of heading to Anglesea we decided to drive the coastal route up to Barmouth stopping off at different towns along the way.

I defo need to do a little tour around here incredible roads.

We witnessed the Welsh resurfacing an entire road. Bit by bit I'll admit, but they were doing a proper job of it. (Look in vent section for the rest). The Welsh really have so much pride in their roads. Ever single bloke there was doing a job and had a role to play in making their roads amazing. That's proper pride and real heart. They must of been boiling hot working with that steaming hot tarmac but did that stop them not in the slightest. Road will be crazy good when finished

We took a walk around a few little seaside towns and then got to Barmouth in search of food. As we drove into Barmouth I noticed a couple of great picturesque areas so I wanted to take a wall there and get some pics

My misses wanted to take a look at all the nik nak shops in town but first have a nice lunch in a proper pub. The pubs stopped serving lunch time food and then reopened at 4PM so we thought ok we will look around the shops first. We walked right through town stopping off at pubs to look at their menus and the little shops.

Barmouth wasn't that big of a town to be honest but still have a nice walk through. We then took a walk up to the picturesque area and I shot a few pics (look below)

We got back to the car and fed our dog and gave her some water and my misses remembered driving past a restaurant called NORBAR a year or so ago when she last came here so decided to take a small drive north and take a look

It opened at 4pm and people were lining up outside already. We thought this place has got to be good

I had a nice huge sirloin steak, mushrooms, asparagus, beef tomatoe and chips my misses had a BBQ Chicken and bacon burger. Jeez this place was good. We was filled with this but I really wanted the whole highlight so I ordered a brownie sundae and my misses then had a cheesecake. The quality of food here was crazy good.

An hour and half later we left and started to take a drive back southward to our little home in Borth.

My misses wanted to take a pic of the sunset so about 5 mins away from the holiday park we pulled into the beach got out out car and we noticed 2 dogs running towards us from a caravan that was sat in this beach car park, we was thinking they would stop but they just kept running towards us. I was gobsmacked that they didn't turn back around to their owner, it wasn't like it was a few meters away we are easily talking 300 or more!! Anyway they came up to us we quickly shut the car up as didn't want out dog to get too stressed (got attacked a number of years ago by 2 guard dogs that got loose from their house). The w dogs came up to us nudged our hands and legs then ran back ImageImage owner of the dogs shouted out sorry and went back into their motorised caravan!!

My misses got freaked out so we decided to go slightly further down the beach and we both got a pic of the sun set with our doggy by our side!!

Got home for around 2000hrs or 2030hrs and were shattered. Think we went to sleep by 2200hrs

Pics below

Not too many yesterday to be honest

Also pic of route we took. I defo need to come back
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

**** hell, small world indeed.

Looks like you went past Arthog(the other side of the water from Barmouth), which is where my son currently is staying for his school residential trip!