Theresa May announcement

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Theresa May announcement

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote: WTF would you call an election with policies like that?
You want out, but without quitting ??
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Or she is stupid.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

No...she may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... ?CMP=fb_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are you sure? Are these people really to be trusted with decisions about our future prosperity? They sound **** clueless to me.

A Mini crankshaft crosses the channel more than once before its fitted into a car in Oxford? That should work well after Brexit.

Guinness is made in Dublin, taken to Northern Ireland to be bottled and then back to Dublin to be sold. How will that work in post Brexit Britain?

As I said - **** clueless and in danger of destroying this country for good.
D41

Post by D41 »

Those examples you give....are they typical of most manufacturing industries in the UK, or exceptions to the norm, and why they stand out??
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

unfortunately the EU is all about inter-dependancy so most large scale manufacturing is split between various countries , the air bus is made in bits all across Europe and assembled in France , the euro fighter is the same as are most vehicles , no doubt in the short term we will suffer but I believe that we will recover and be stronger than we were in the EU , provided the other member states don't impose penalties to trade and the movement of capital and services .
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Another nail in the coffin.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 96376.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D41

Post by D41 »

Hmmmmm......you know, Germany's economy IS quite a touch bigger than the UK's, so from that standpoint it does kinda make a bit of sense.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:Hmmmmm......you know, Germany's economy IS quite a touch bigger than the UK's, so from that standpoint it does kinda make a bit of sense.
Of course it does, it makes perfect sense, why wouldn't it. America first, he said it from very the start. Even Obama warned us, it's simple economics.

Anyway the last thing we need is a Tory government negotiating a trade deal with the US. Just imagine what they will do to "OUR" NHS.

If anyone had any concerns about losing sovereignty to the EU, you aint seen nothing yet!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

Which national leader has NOT put the interests of the country he/she represents first??

If they didn't do that first and foremost then they wouldn't be doing their job.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Seeing as we're heading for a general election the Parties all seem to be very quiet. I suspect that the realise the public is a bit bored so they'll leave it to the final couple of weeks.

I wonder if the turn out will be low?
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Another U-turn. the ECHR will remain UK law as part of the Tory manifesto.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

If the general election goes the way of the local elections it looks like it is going to be a Tory whitewash.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

in a media savvy instant world, i am afraid Corbyn just isn't the right man.

A person with the right skills would be tearing May a new arsehole.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:in a media savvy instant world, i am afraid Corbyn just isn't the right man.

A person with the right skills would be tearing May a new arsehole.
Does that even factor into the equation.?? (shake)

:? IMO it will depend on the whims of those who direct the actions of the Russian Hackers .
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I don't know if anyone else saw Tim Farron with that guy in Yorkshire on 'Have I Got News..' last night.

Jeez this country is full of ranting, raving racists. We are well and truly ****!
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

duke63 wrote:I don't know if anyone else saw Tim Farron with that guy in Yorkshire on 'Have I Got News..' last night.

Jeez this country is full of ranting, raving racists. We are well and truly ****!
All part of the Tory plan I'm afraid. Quote from someone that works in a Labour council.
Since 2010, the Conservatives have been involved in a huge programme of social engineering across the UK. The austerity cuts, erroneously blamed on, and culpability stupidly accepted by Milliband's Labour, have been disproportionately targeted at Labour areas. The poorest have paid for the gambling and greed of the bankers (Not a single banker has been prosecuted despite widespread wrongdoing. They're still at it by the way). Labour run areas have felt the cuts much more than other areas. One estimate was that the cut was 5 times, on average, more than Conservative areas. My own council, with some of the most deprived wards in the UK, has had its budget cut in half. Think about the impact of that.
For example: Services such as Sure Start end. Budgets for care go down. The threshold for who can have care goes up, meaning people hit crisis before they reach services. Service Providers have their hourly rate frozen so they can't afford to pay a good wage to employ staff to care for the sick. Let's face it, if you were offered £6.75 an hour to wipe arses or work in Aldi, which would you do? So, what you are left with are people with entry-level skills, migrant workers, 16-18 yr olds fulfilling a hugely important role in caring for our sickest and most vulnerable. You have to hope that these people will do their absolute best. What you are also likely to get is under-trained, over-stressed people, making mistakes, getting frustrated, getting disenchanted and moving on. At the same time families and carers get angry at the unending cavalcade of different faces attempting to care, in 30 minute slots, for their loved ones. Some of these people they see can't speak English, some are barely trained. Social services seem indifferent - but what can they do with dwindling resources and over-worked staff. What results is a high turnover of staff, inadequate care, anger of family towards carers and the local authority. You also get the rise in xenophobia, as an influx of migrant workers have fulfilled the roles that Brits are less and less likely to do, as the wages are driven down (supply and demand). This isn't helped by The govt and right-wing press fanning the flames. The combination has been toxic with traditional Labour voters turning on their Local Authority for making the cuts, turning on immigrants for doing jobs many Brits wouldn't do for the chicken feed on offer.

So here we are, Brexit is looming, the Tories are in control, and the turkeys are voting for Christmas once again. So, I'm not surprised that the Tories have made huge council gains. They've been planning it since 2010. In a way, I'm almost relieved because we might see some alleviation of the suffering as Tory councillors go cap in hand for a pay out, as Surrey successfully did. Perhaps even Lancashire will see an end to our huge funding gap of more than £150m. If all this seems terribly unfair and undemocratic it is because it is exactly that. I believe it is one of the most shameful episodes, one of the biggest political scandals of our times and nothing will happen to those who perpetrated it...except maybe peerages.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

(deadhorse)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

There are quite a few reports that PCP vehicles sales, especially in the USA, make cause another financial crisis in the near future.

I know my wife is saying that Councils are finding any excuse not to fund kids with learning difficulties in her school and some Councils no longer even have staff to deal with the issue.

My mum even mentioned last night, something I had not thought about, but she can foresee that there will be restrictions on how much money you can take in and out of the Country.

Difficult times ahead as far as I can see.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

This is what we need to see more of

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 23491.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;