What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Blade »

Best advice I can give you Cav is check reviews and appoint someone one with very good feed back.

I have a very good solicitor only down side is my buyers solicitor is not even competent to use crayons, has an IQ of 5, doesn't know how to pick up a phone and is yet to figure out what email is (facepalm)

Good luck (y)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Watching my boss have a melt down.

He's one of those who has to have everything done in a certain way (his way) and although he pretends to listen to other views, he's already planning how to get the job done the way he likes, regardless of whether its cost effective or right.

There are 3 of us involved in a document. One person did the technical stuff, I tweaked it to make sure it fits our needs, he approves it.

He's now running round in circles because me and the tech have taken a more open approach, which is what the courts like and the client wants. He's not so sure. He's had the document to review for 2 weeks. It needs to go out today. He started looking at it this morning. He's torn between completely rewriting it himself or accepting the way we've gone with it.

It's amusing. He's going to have a stroke if he carries on like this.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:Watching my boss have a melt down.

He's one of those who has to have everything done in a certain way (his way) and although he pretends to listen to other views, he's already planning how to get the job done the way he likes, regardless of whether its cost effective or right.

There are 3 of us involved in a document. One person did the technical stuff, I tweaked it to make sure it fits our needs, he approves it.

He's now running round in circles because me and the tech have taken a more open approach, which is what the courts like and the client wants. He's not so sure. He's had the document to review for 2 weeks. It needs to go out today. He started looking at it this morning. He's torn between completely rewriting it himself or accepting the way we've gone with it.

I hate bosses like that. What's the point of having subordinates if you aren't going to allow them to do the work you delegate. If it's not quite the way he'd do it, back luck, if it complies with company policy and legal requirements, approve it!

My role out here changes quite dramatically when one Ops Super leaves and the next one comes in, for no other reason than "do it my way". Sh*ts me to tears.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Sue him.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Taking my boys to an Olly Murs concert (wife's idea) their both very excited which is great but what am I supposed to do :?

Apparently according to the wife join in, dance and have fun.

Reality is I have two levels of Dad dancing one is completely rigid the other is legendary king of the dance floor. The deciding factor is normally relative to home much alcohol I ve consumed.

The concert starts in 4 hours (wasntme) I ve just opened the first beer (beer) legendary dancing it is then :? (blush) (facepalm)

It's going to be messy (drunk)
D41

Post by D41 »

We SOOO need pics of The Bladester out there on the floor showing off the 'Old Magic'.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Alcohol and an Olly Murs concert surely go together for most blokes like bacon and eggs?

On the subject of what you can do there - perving at the all the fit 25yr old hotties getting jiggy with it seems like a fine way to spend an evening to me.

P.s. Watch out for the trannies. ;)
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Watching my boss have a melt down.

Now that^ sounds suspiciously like it could be a "Kwacky tactic" for climbing the corporate ladder... :x
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Not for me. I prefer to shit stir, not problem solve ;)
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

Kwacky wrote:Not for me. I prefer to shit stir, not problem solve ;)
A man after my own heart. I applaud you, Sir.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Took my lad to John Lewis to look at Gadgets he wants for his birthday.

As chance would have it they have a Sainsbury cafe next door so we've popped in for a breakie would be rude not too.
D41

Post by D41 »

Doing today??

Nothing, apparently....it's 1pm and I'm just getting up!!
Might go out for a MTB ride a bit later once hell has frozen over, otherwise I'll just lay and watch TV all day and do bugger all.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Brings proud dad.

My daughter does piano lessons through the Music Bus. Because she is in a small school (less than a 100 kids) rather than try and maintain a music room of their own, the little regional schools in my area are serviced by a independent music teacher who has a bus kitted out as a music room. It's a franchise thing and they are all over Australia.
Last break they ran a promotion, you had to do 21 days practice for 15 mins and each night I signed off as she did it. You then went in a draw for a $200 musical instrument voucher. Well she won it! She put in heaps of hard work and has been practicing at home on a little dinky toy keyboard, and I had planned on buying her a decent keyboard when I got home as I wanted to see if she would stick to it first. But now we can go out and shop for one she's earnt on her own. The model she uses on the bus is around $160-200 so it's worked out great!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well done little Kiwi (clap)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

That's awesome Kiwi!!

Today I am filling out my work appraisal form - I hate these. It's the time of the year you have to tell someone how amazing you are while forgetting all the amazing things you did because you just do them without thinking
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nice one Miss Kiwi
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote:That's awesome Kiwi!!

Today I am filling out my work appraisal form - I hate these. It's the time of the year you have to tell someone how amazing you are while forgetting all the amazing things you did because you just do them without thinking
Keep a diary Cav, you'll be amazed what you achieve through the year. Each month summarise so at the end of the year it's not such a chore to consolidate.

We have to do this at work, we have to set goals at the start of the year and document how we achieve them through the year.

But I agree with you, it's a pain in the ar$e
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Well done to your daughter mate that's superb clearly the hard work pays off.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

kiwikrasher wrote:

Keep a diary Cav, you'll be amazed what you achieve through the year. Each month summarise so at the end of the year it's not such a chore to consolidate.

We have to do this at work, we have to set goals at the start of the year and document how we achieve them through the year.

That's a really good call, Kiwi.. I shall invest :) On second thoughts, they may be in the stationary cupboard - I'mma go get the key ;)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:

That's a really good call, Kiwi.. I shall invest :) On second thoughts, they may be in the stationary cupboard - I'mma go get the key ;)
When you record the tasks or achievements, try to also document the results of how that action benefited the business, it will have more impact.

e.g. I developed a more streamlined procedure for doing blah blah blah AND that saved 3 hrs of labour per item produced, totalling 200 hrs for the batch run which resulted in significant savings to the company and helped towards achieving the deadline.

It's not blowing your own trumpet, more making it plain for those that review your appraisals what you actually do for the company.

We have to compile goals that are SMART, Specific, measurable, aggressive, recordable, and have a timeline. In our results we have to document how we achieved each element of that goal. It's a pain but it does get you thinking about your work at a higher level and you do tend to achieve more. Remember, those that aim for nothing usually succeed.