What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Blade »

StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

.........or you could just "get the job done"
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQXxgv3O_fo[/video]

After all, what could be the harm...... :?
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

FECKING XBOX!!!

The ex bought Byron one for Christmas. When she dropped him back off she hands me a box with all the Xbox crap (minus the hdmi cable mind you) and said "I can't sort it out you do it". Now if it wasn't for my lad I would've told her to jam it all up her clacker.

So did the initial setup. Made a parent account, made him an account (which is going to be problematic as it will live at her house and I now manage his account |( ).

2 days to load on 3 games. About 80 Gb of data.

Game 1 - oh, you need a Xbox gold subscription of $12 month to play this.

Game 2 - oh, you need an EA Games parents account to play this. Set that up. Oh the servers are down sorry.

Game 3 - ok we will let you have this one.

I'm not a gamer, I'm not used to this online content crap, but it's so bloody frustrating!!!

I've already set up 2 iPods, child apple accounts, gmail accounts for their Pokemon Go, and Nintendo accounts for Mario Go. Then I got dumped the Xbox. So over it.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

It's crazy right!! What happened to the days of putting a disc in and it just working! I haven't got the patience to do that either hahaha!!
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

It's crazy right. What happened to the days of picking uo a good book & exercising your own imagination,..

;)

It's just that I've never really "got" computer games that much.
I remember when Space Invaders & Asteroids came out (but they missed my youth), There were Space Invader machines in every Pub & Canteen etc,,
Obviously any challenge has appeal.. But how much of a challenge can you give yourself sitting at a computer terminal.?
I'm hoping to catch up on these gaming machines when they cart me off to a Care Home, meanwhile I'm leaving them & their "Pokemon type" sidekicks..
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Worse still St Marks, Byron got a genuine Swiss Army knife direct from Switzerland from our old neighbour (retired Swiss lady who lives in Oz 6 months of the year) when we lived in the cabin, hasn't been touched since Christmas Day!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:It's crazy right. What happened to the days of picking uo a good book & exercising your own imagination,..

;)

It's just that I've never really "got" computer games that much.
I remember when Space Invaders & Asteroids came out (but they missed my youth), There were Space Invader machines in every Pub & Canteen etc,,
Obviously any challenge has appeal.. But how much of a challenge can you give yourself sitting at a computer terminal.?
I'm hoping to catch up on these gaming machines when they cart me off to a Care Home, meanwhile I'm leaving them & their "Pokemon type" sidekicks..
This has cracked me up!! You do pick out a good point here though mate I suppose we have almost been dumbed down as we sit there literally just moving our thumbs not stretching our brains in the slightest. However I must admit I do like a good game when I get the chance...although I literally only have 3 games all are a little old now lol
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

If only Xbox was like this........

[video]https://youtu.be/C7ANUIr50ts[/video]
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Video games are good for things like "situational awareness"...or even if it's to "drive" on a track that you would never otherwise be able to try.

Having said that I'd take a book over them anytime.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Deegee wrote:If only Xbox was like this........

[video]https://youtu.be/C7ANUIr50ts[/video]
Huge Red Dwarf fan!! Brilliant clip brilliant episode!!
D41

Post by D41 »

Hmmm...my ex has decided she's going to bring my son over in a hour or so....which is fecking great....EXCEPT...two weeks ago she didn't want to "confuse" him by seeing me at Christmas, so the other day I unpacked all the gifts I bought him and threw all my wrapping stuff in the trash.

Now I'm the one that's confused.
D41

Post by D41 »

And nervous.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Good luck.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

People who fall for and share those fantastic free give aways on Facebook.

THIS BRAND NEW £50,000 CAR GOT ACCIDENTLY WET AND NOW WE CAN'T SELL IT
JUST GIVE US YOUR FACEBOOK DETAILS AND YOU COULD WIN IT
WE CERTAINLY WON'T CLONE YOUR INFORMATION

Frankie, I'm looking at you here. That Yamaha page you've shared, giving away a free 450 YZF because they opened the crate, that page was created on 14th January, the same day they made that giveaway prize.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha I know someone has flagged it up to me already lol..... I was dreaming lol
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

People who don't know what the line in the middle of the road mean...... for feck sake can you not stay on your own side on a bend !!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

The service with shit service!!

I'll take you back

Had a problem for the first service I left my misses in charge of her car and found out the garage didn't stamp the book and didn't give any invoice for the first service so her £100 odd quid was just wasted really, however only found out this year and the first service was end of 2015, with a a month (December by this time) late I asked her if she has sorted out second service, Company has now gone bust (City/ Gowerings Peugeot) so no reminder of needing this done so she hadn't even thought about it. OK I thought well it's Christmas not like the oil will be crap with not even 8, 000 miles added to the car since last service (plus I check every month or so and know personally it's still good).

So Christmas has been and gone and I decide to take a look through the service book...no stamp, ask for the invoice...no invoice...great!

So I had to ring up the company who has swallowed all the customers. They stated that the service was carried out but cant stamp her book but can write down the mileage and date of when it took place. The young lady that took the phone call was great she actually worked for City and said they were terrible and not surprised they didn't give anything to her or stamp the book. I didn't write anything down in the book (which looking back I should of)

Anyway left my misses to deal with this as it's her car and usually I sort out anything she needs as she always says the garages treat her like she's dumb and I thought well the technician will take a look at the book anyway and ask the relevant questions. I even messaged her in the morning to make sure everything gets done correctly. I hate things being wrong like this, all my vehicles I like to make sure everything is up to date and correct and when it's new I know warranty usually asks for all services to be carried out

We was told to be there for 4PM and we were a little late anyway around 1615 and then told they hadn't done her car and will be longer...a woman came in similar time as us and wanted to pick her car up from recall work and specifically said she needs her car back for 1700 as she has to pick her daughter up at 1730 but when she walked in they said the technician was in an important meeting and hadn't finished her recall work. She was not impressed she left the car with them first thing in the morning and was told it would be ready at 4PM! So not only this but one of the service ladies was rude throughout the experience even in the morning to my missus.

Car was ready at around 1720

Low and behold they didn't mark the book but stamped the second service into the first service area. As they had carried out the second service all the information for the first service was wiped clean!!

So with all this happening/ happened I popped! Had a go made a bit of a scene and said won't be coming back!! A young lady came to the rescue from the service department (always find it difficult to be angry towards a woman and I immediately backed down (Anyone else the same??)) But she was very nice and talked to us, in fact it was her I spoke with on the phone and she was just as friendly as she was on the phone, and very tasty as well if you don't mind me adding!! We found out that the lady who was very rude throughout the service everyone finds her rude including staff! We paid our money ( happily) and she walked us out (as everyone was walking out I turned to the bloke and said I was sorry for being eggy at him, thought it was the least I could do) so we walked out and this lovely young lady gave us the general managers contact details and said if you want to make a complaint please do so and she gave me all their names. Obviously the bloke and young lady aren't to blame in fact the young lady actually turned us both so much that we are now thinking of getting our next car from them!

So after all that we didn't leave the garage until 1745 almost 2 hours longer than expected so when we left we hit all rush hour!

Luckily the car will be gone this year after 3 years of finance so looking to change it soon and starting a fresh!

Learn from mistakes and move on!!
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Sorry to hear that Rossgo - fwiw I like all the stamps and receipts in order as well and have been ratty with Mrs Gee when she hasn't had things sorted out properly in the past. Fwiw she takes the car in, but I book it and any issues they ring me - saves as your OH says them treating her as "dumb". I have had some shocking service in the past and have voted with my feet, I refuse to give my money to people or companies that don't provide a decent level of service.

Being in a service industry myself I know how easy it can be to do it correctly, however we have a competitor that consistently gets it wrong - it's become a joke amongst my customers, at one time they were the big name to beat, not now, and it's primarily down to poor attitude to customers - from the top down. It isn't difficult to do well in this type of industry, just tell the truth and do your best, plus above all communicate with the customer, it really is that easy in my experience.
D41

Post by D41 »

(o)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

One thing that pisses me off when having your vehicles worked on is going to collect it and finding out it's not ready. FFS give me a call and let me know.

I have to admit in the past that both Triumph and Kawasaki at Birmingham have been good and given me a bike to keep until mine was sorted.

I once booked a bike in for something to be fitted. I can't remember what it was but it was a quick job. Booked it in for 11am. Rode all the way there and they said leave the bike here, it'll be done today. No mate, I booked it in for 11. I live 20 miles away. "There's a bus stop just outside" was the helpful reply. So I took my keys back and rode home.