What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Kwacky »

I too am nursing a hangover.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

C00kiemonster wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:First day of daylight savings here today and the weather didn't disappoint. Was about 18 deg C high yesterday and a 28 deg day today!! Spent a few hours getting the pool squared up (off the work in a couple of days) so by the time I get back we should be able to start using it.
Do you heat your pool or does the weather do the job and heat it for you?
No heating, the weather does get it up to 20-25 deg thru' summer, but it can be a bit cool sometimes. I am thinking of heating options but it's only a vinyl pool so don't really want to over capitalise on it. Maybe when it falls to bits (already over 10 yrs old) I'all put in a better pool design and heating. Can't use the roof solar as I'm on rainwater tanks for sole water supply and if I get a leak in the solar elements it would contaminate all my house water supply.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Monty wrote: If you're happy with it that will be my next TV, but I'll be amazed if you really are getting photo quality out of a TV. I'm a big LG fan every TV in the house is LG but they're all shit for viewing photos. What model is it?
its the 43UH62 , running via hdmi2 from an Nvidia gtx980 , its HDR and has photo and game modes and an eye comfort mode which is very handy when you are only 2ft from the screen , on offer at Currys at at £449 atm , so reasonable value too .
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Sky is blue and sun is shining (lol)

Me and Rocket are ripping up central Wales (y)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Last day before work. I'm avoiding getting out of bed even though it sounds like the kids are destroying the place.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

So had a lazy morning with the kids, then dropped them off to their mums. Then went NATO on the house and got it sparkling so when I work in from work in 3 weeks I can just relax. Now going out for dinner with Jess and crashing at hers till my driver picks me up at 5.30 am tomorrow for the first leg of my commute.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

What an awesome day at Silverstone. It was a single seater 1.6 150BHP Ford engine. Bloody hell the thing only weighs 500KG so it blows around the track. Me and my dad didn't like the gears, you couldn't tell what gear you were in and if you were in gear there was a lot of play so at speed made it fun trying to change!! I was second quickest in the group the fastest guy was less than a second quicker however I screwed up on of the long left hander after the start finish line, I broke, I turned, I didn't reapply the throttle and the rear slid!! What fun!! I went into pits I told them what I did wrong and clearly he was happy about my driving as he let me back out straight away. Earlier I watched a guy spin out and got chucked off the track and in the briefing we was told if you spin your off...I felt lucky .

My dad loved the experience and he's already said about booking it up again as next time he knows more about what to do and how it feels...well we were both given 10% discount on the next purchase so I think I know what to.get him for Christmas
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Just been told I've got a 3 day trial in London, starting tomorrow. Nothing like a bit of notice. Any other court gives you a date well in advance, the RCJ tells you which week but doesn't give you a start date until 3pm the day before.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Finding design faults in German electrics, I'm so gonna love hitting them with this next time I'm over there, I can see the excuses and endless list of reasons why it should be the way it is coming already..... (lol)
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I guess the kick of doom worked out okay, here's an excerpt from the student feedback for the Ejection Seats phase...
20160930_150706.jpg
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

I know how dry military tech training can be mate, so you must be doing a great job. I've had a tech instructor role in the AF back home (type courses not training school) and as a civi so have a good understanding of what you are working with. Anyone can stand up and impart info but sadly only a few can truely teach. Looks like you have it nailed (y)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Having my commute completely thrown out of whack.

As most would have realised, I'm more than a little bit OCD and a creature of habit. Totally first world problems but my company has decided to go to cheapest fare of the day rather than exclusively with Qantas. So to save $20 off a flight I'm flying with Virgin today. Luckily though, in a bid to secure the business from the company Virgin matched our Qantas status so I have Gold with Virgin as well and lounge access. It's actually a better setup, curb side lounge entry with dedicated security screening and the breakfast is much better quality. Just amazing how a change in routine can throw you out, been operating on autopilot at the airport for the last 4 years and this morning I feel like a newbie traveller again.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Make what 'longer', Itchy??

What exactly are you 'ejecting'??

Doin' exactly nowt today...and bored as all feck....still at about 80% manflu-wise.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:Make what 'longer', Itchy??

Doin' exactly nowt today...and bored as all feck....still at about 80% manflu-wise.
Military tech training (at least the British system which NZ was modelled on as well) is delivered in 'phases' so a course will be broken down into subject groups and you move from one phase to the other. I don't know how cut throat it is now or at Itchys school, but when I went through, I'd you failed a phase you got taken off course and re-coursed. If you failed another phase you got discharged from the Air Force, unless you had an opportunity to be re-traded to a less technical role. So there was a lot of pressure on your phase exams. From what I could read I would say that particular student felt the time given to deliver that phase wasn't sufficient to adequately learn it all.

In my experience it usually means he can't balance his drinking time and study time well. (lol) because when you are on course (usually residential) there is not much else to do other than study or get on the lash!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

On my way to London for a 3 day trial. Hoping to catch up with a couple of old friends in the evening.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I hope they find you not guilty. :D
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:On my way to London for a 3 day trial. Hoping to catch up with a couple of old friends in the evening.
Were they expensive? ;) Its cheaper to book by the hour (so I'm told :P )

Have fun.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

kiwikrasher wrote:
D41 wrote:Make what 'longer', Itchy??

Military tech training (at least the British system which NZ was modelled on as well) is delivered in 'phases' so a course will be broken down into subject groups and you move from one phase to the other. I don't know how cut throat it is now or at Itchys school, but when I went through, I'd you failed a phase you got taken off course and re-coursed. If you failed another phase you got discharged from the Air Force, unless you had an opportunity to be re-traded to a less technical role. So there was a lot of pressure on your phase exams. From what I could read I would say that particular student felt the time given to deliver that phase wasn't sufficient to adequately learn it all.

In my experience it usually means he can't balance his drinking time and study time well. (lol) because when you are on course (usually residential) there is not much else to do other than study or get on the lash!
Exactly that.

When I went through, if you failed certain phases there was very much the threat of being re-coursed. Nowadays, with the emphasis on cost savings, the instructors are instead expected to give up their free time to give them extra coaching to get them through a resit. The threat still exists but not like it used to.

But they all passed, so they're happy! And so am I, it means I can spend my lunchtime eating my lunch and not reteaching stuff I've already taught.
Which is a billy bonus!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Slobbing out in the hotel room. Part of me thinks I should go out, the other half is enjoying the peace and quiet and doesn't want to move.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Made a final last ditch attempt to agree a deal on moving house. Been discussing for 4 weeks now and I think we have exhausted everything. They either like our deal or don't as we can't improve any more. Hopefully find out tomorrow but not feeling confident tbh.