What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Blade »

No me neither and even if I did I'm even more confused now than when we started :?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

pricks in performance cars who cant take a corner. Almost ran into the back of an Audi as he dropped down to about 20mph for a 40mph corner. Tosser then gave me the wanker sign as I overtook him.

Take some lessons, dildoface
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Driving standards in general in this country. Absolutely shite. Its so obvious most drivers have no idea of what is going on around them as they are not concentrating.

Driving along the A460 this afternoon and the car in front signals to turn right and pulls into the right turn lane. A **** of an obese woman taxi driver thinks than means she can pull out onto the main road from said side road. I see her start moving so slow down and then grab the anchors when i see she is still moving towards me in front of the car turning right. She then sits halfway between the two lanes and doesn't move, indicate or do anything but shout abuse at ME.

Stupid ignorant cow. How did some of these idiots ever pass a test?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:pricks in performance cars who cant take a corner. Almost ran into the back of an Audi as he dropped down to about 20mph for a 40mph corner. Tosser then gave me the wanker sign as I overtook him.

Take some lessons, dildoface
Dildoface :D
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

VW's warranty department roused my ire today - an under tray fell off my Transporter months ago, because it fell off due to failed fasteners whilst I was driving it got damaged. I refitted it best I could, but it was still a bit mangled.

So I took the van in for service today and they told me it's got to be replaced, not a problem I think, only to find out an hour later that VW won't replace it because it's damaged, apparently their fasteners failing causing it to get damaged doesn't count. :@

The kicker is that if it doesn't get replaced now we get back-charged for it when the van ends it lease period, so they've basically got you by the b*ll*cks and you either pay now or later.

What a scam, make something so it falls off, then charge to replace it. Built in obsolescence, what makes it worse is that a VW mech I met tells me it's a common problem and they've got plenty in stock because it's a regular failure. Seems someone's got to pay for the VW emissions lawsuit and it isn't VW.....
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

sue the buggers
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

8) A few years ago, at a 675.cc forum trackday, I admired the van that a wise & knowledgable member chose to use.
So I chose to get a Mercedes Vito, like he had.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Funnily enough that line of reasoning was the first that sprang to mind, apparently VW don't give flying f*ck if Mercedes Vitos are better than VW Transporters. I don't normally like getting shouty with the front line staff as they can't help the policy their managers make up, but they all had some today.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Sh1t service Deegee. Stand your ground mate as that's not on. Can you right to any organisation in appeal / complaint?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Estate agents (swear)

Had the px value come back from the New Builds agent and it's 65k less than we have had on own private valuation.

Do they expect me to work all my live to just give my hard earned away (gah)
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Blade wrote:Sh1t service Deegee. Stand your ground mate as that's not on. Can you write to any organisation in appeal / complaint?
I was ready to go to war with VW warranty dept on this, it's a principle that's at stake imho, by their rationale if a valve collet fails and takes the engine out they'll only pay for the collet. (Read Stalker's autobiography for where that one came from!)

I phoned our company and explained that either they speak to VW and tell them to stick the bill up their bums or they delegate me to do so - tbh I was really hoping they let me run with it, but I spoke to our MD and he said just pay it on the company card, f*cking spineless Yorky Cnut backing out of a fight. (swear)
I wish he was that cavalier with the company purse when it came to salary negotiations......

P.S. As you may have gathered, I'm still pretty savage about it.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Blade wrote:Estate agents (swear)

Had the px value come back from the New Builds agent and it's 65k less than we have had on own private valuation.

Do they expect me to work all my live to just give my hard earned away (gah)
Another bunch of smarmy lazy do-nothing's that think they're the dogs danglies, don't let em stitch you up - one of their mates is probably waiting in the wings with the ackers to swoop in at the stupidly low price they gave you. Don't trust em an inch, put it on with another agent at the price you've been quoted - no sale no fee.

I hate estate agents more than I hate PPI telesales.

Sorry, ranty Deegee tonight......
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Sell it yourself, Blade. Houses seem to be selling easily at the moment.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Deegee wrote: I hate estate agents more than I hate PPI telesales.

Sorry, ranty Deegee tonight......
Mrs Kwacky sends her love back at ya (makeup)
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I'm sure, had I selected the option that said I would like to give my insurance company money, I would be through and dealt with now.

Instead, like an honest idiot, I selected the option that said I want to cancel.

So I've been on hold for half an hour, waiting to give them the "reduce my policy or I leave" ultimatum, wondering if I'm too far involved to hang up and start again!
And stupid me, I thought I had until the end of the month. No, the renewal date is tomorrow! (facepalm)
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Itchy wrote:I'm sure, had I selected the option that said I would like to give my insurance company money, I would be through and dealt with now.

Instead, like an honest idiot, I selected the option that said I want to cancel.

So I've been on hold for half an hour, waiting to give them the "reduce my policy or I leave" ultimatum, wondering if I'm too far involved to hang up and start again!
And stupid me, I thought I had until the end of the month. No, the renewal date is tomorrow! (facepalm)
No sooner had I clicked Submit on that post, and they answered.

They came back with a reduced premium of £158 from their original renewal of £206.

Okay, great, but it still doesn't match Bennetts' quote of £123.
(I know I mentioned prices below £100 in earlier posts but that was without Helmet & Leathers cover etc...)

"So shall I go ahead and renew that policy sir?"

Er, no mate, I think I'll take that £35 quid and get another bike mod, thank you very much!

I was going to ask why he could only offer me that price when that EXACT SAME COMPANY comes back with a quote of £130 on The Bike Insurer website, but to be honest I'd had enough. If they can't be bothered with the slightest modicum of effort to keep my business then off I will f**k. Brand loyalty means nothing to me when it comes to insurance.

Incidentally, not venting but it's all insurance related. Since I've had a bike I've had an Oxford Hardcore padlock and chain. I've always seen it as an essential to reduce my insurance, then always worried that it won't be covered because I only use it once in a blue moon.
So just to see what sort of difference it made I took it off my details.

It increased my premium...

...by a whopping...

£2

Yep, two quid is all it reduces my premium by! So I took it off the policy. I'll still use it when the planets align and I feel like it, but for insurance purposes I now don't have to.
Blade

Post by Blade »

There's only 2 things I hate more than insurance. ........thats right you guessed it death and taxes (swear)

On a positive note Itchy you have a very low premium. Is that with all mods declared ?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Grass.

Fecking HATE that stupid useless stuff that clutters up nice usable concrete.

OR.....breaks me legs out in a massive rash if I even look at it the wrong way.....been suffering badly from it this past fortnight.

I need to move out to the desert or sommit.
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Blade wrote:There's only 2 things I hate more than insurance. ........thats right you guessed it death and taxes (swear)

On a positive note Itchy you have a very low premium. Is that with all mods declared ?
As far as I know mate. Bennetts have a list of mods that you don't need to declare, and their website is easy enough to declare the other stuff, so my end cans and whatnot are on there.

Things will change when I start the rejuvenation project no doubt, but I'll worry about that at the time. It'll probably give me something else to moan about! (lol)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Just bought a take away coffee in the Hospital shop which is next to the waiting room we are using. Went to go back into waiting room which is literally the very next door and told I can't bring hot drinks in (gah)

Why sell hot drinks to take away then ??? Wouldn't a sign warning people be useful ???

And don't get me on parking. Took me 30 minutes to find a spot and that was after two people made suicide moves to steal a place I was reversing into.............wankers (swear)