Suggestions? Help?

Repairs, modifications, bling and tings
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Suggestions? Help?

Post by Kwacky »

Well done to Deegee for the right answer. The discs were straight when I used the bike which is why I didn't suspect them.

However I am very shocked that someone managed to bend a disc during a tyre change.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:Well done to Deegee for the right answer. The discs were straight when I used the bike which is why I didn't suspect them.

However I am very shocked that someone managed to bend a disc during a tyre change.

They are properly bent. He's been pushing down on them too hard - he looked like he was struggling when he fitted them. The wheels have some dinks and scrapes on them too. I should have checked the disks after the fit but didn't think he was that stupid. If he's not experienced with bike wheels he shouldn't say he can do them.

I've sent him a stinking email with threat of action if he doesn't compensate me. He'll probably tell me to feck off, but worth a try.

I might get myself the kit to change tyres - doesn't look difficult with the right kit.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

What a twat.

Is it worth bothering with your own kit? How often do you need new tyres?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

thinking about it, wouldn't one of the near by bike tour operators have access to tyre changing stuff?
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:What a twat.

Is it worth bothering with your own kit? How often do you need new tyres?
Probably not tbh but i do like to be independent with these things. Sadly so many people out there are muppets.

I'll look for someone else at some point - probably cheaper. (if they don't cock it up ;( )
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

bummah what a load of faffing about to find out its some other muppets fault :(
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

I've fitted the new disks that finally came today and been out on it for an hour until rain stopped play (sweat) ;(

Its fine - braking problem solved.

It got a good italian tuneup as it hasn't been used for a while. :D I went for a tour of french petrol stations - most shut, some with big queues or restrictions sadly still.

The bike also got a new chain, sprockets, brake pads, brake lines, referred MC and M7rr tyres so i'm glad it all passed tests as I like to get these things right, especially when you do it all yourself. Saves a fortune though.

The M7rr's are great - very confidence inspiring - i can corner faster on this bike with them than i can on my RC8 i reckon (which has M5's on it). They also seem to tip in faster?

Its a great bike this CBR600rr (2005) - i haven't ridden it much at all in the 10 years we have had it now, but frankly its better than my RC8 in everything apart from power. I've thought that for a little while, but riding them both back to back after no riding for about 6 months has confirmed it.

I love the RC8, but frankly there is too much power, not enough refinement and it needs a track to enjoy it. I'm going to try again to find a way at the end of the year to trade it for something smaller and then use the CBR when I'm in a sports bike mood. I've had the RC8 for 6 years so there is no guilt there.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions whilst the problems were pissing me off. I'll try and photograph the bent disks when i get mo too. (y)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My CBR600RR5 was a great little tool, ride outs, track or commuting. They have Honda quality so keep going. I only had a couple of minor faults with mine in the time I owned it. It needs to be revved to get the most out of it but other than that it's a great bike. Very easy in general on running parts. A bit characterless but that's not uncommon with Honda.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

ive always liked the look of the cbr600rr ,im not surprised it out handles the rc8 cookie its tiny in comparison ,I would love to try one on track
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

C00kiemonster wrote:I've fitted the new disks that finally came today and been out on it for an hour until rain stopped play Its fine - braking problem solved.
Did that idiot who damaged them for you cover the costs mate.?
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

StMarks wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:I've fitted the new disks that finally came today and been out on it for an hour until rain stopped play Its fine - braking problem solved.
Did that idiot who damaged them for you cover the costs mate.?
I'm being ignored, which is to be expected.

I'm looking at options but as with most things in life - probably bugger all i can do to get any ££. The world is a very dishonest and incompetent place sadly :(
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

If it were a professional place in the UK that had done it to me, I'd be on it for sure.

Fwiw I keep an old front tyre specifically for resting on when changing tyres etc...