Elections

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Elections

Post by Rossgo »

Monty wrote:Houses are not being built for the homeless or the working poor, I know because I work in the housing business. We've not built any where near the amount of social housing we need since Thatcher sold off the ones we had to private landlords that now rent them out at rates that the vast majority can't afford.

If you don't believe me, just google how much the state spends on private housing through housing benefit.
This is interesting Monty and I do believe it what with the elections coming up! I'd be interested to hear if the radio says anything more about it this week now!!

Totally agree with having more housing needing to be built. The rent for private houses are stupidity high but can't afford to have a mortgage so you are pretty stuck lol!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
Monty wrote:Because scummy people have no right to an affordable roof?
Not what I'm getting at, but if you had just bought a brand spanking new house with your own money that you work hours on end for and a family who shoot up every night on heroin, sniff coke, drink, smoke weed, sell drugs, cause fights, let their kids run wild nicking your cars, bikes, tellies or whatever, would you be very happy with that?!

Sounds like my kinda gig! What's the rent like??

The kids steal cars every night??

Totally as an aside....I don't like new houses.....old houses have so much more charm and personality to them....better architecture, better fixtures, etc. Old houses are where the action is at if you're a hardcore abdab like me.
Hahaha!! Well a little OTT but on my old estate I saw it all and more which I won't get into details about, but it wasn't like that to start with just in the last handful of years of us living there families were moved in that were not very nice and people really had to watch themself when just walking down the street hence moving away when I was 18!!

We had a lot of old houses next to our school and must admit they seem a lot more characterful and bigger inside and the fact that the old outhouses were still there made it strange!!

StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote://Totally as an aside....I don't like new houses.....old houses have so much more charm and personality to them....better architecture, better fixtures, etc. Old houses are where the action is at if you're a hardcore abdab like me.
(shake)

Technology has improved house building, in the same way it has improved motorcycles.
Modern houses are built to very high standards of structural integrity, and levels of insulation & efficiency that even 50 years ago would have been thought unattainable. Furthermore the incorporation of all those efficiencies are rigorously enforced.
Fixtures are also generally more efficient.

(wait) However I guess that your post was written from the perspective of someone who lives in a country where the preferred motorcycle is not the new ZX10, or HP4, or 1299 Paningirly,,,,,, rather a chromed up 1940's design. ? ;)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I have no control over what other riders prefer...nor how motorcycle design pertains to buildings designed to function/withstand earthquakes. Where I live has nothing to do with it, my perspective would be the same, mi amigo.

;)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

so were back in industrial recession today,to be honest since Easter it has gone deathly quiet at work,projects for capital expenditure have been been on hold and companys have basically stopped spending
Suns out though 8)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

All to do with the EU referendum i think. Bank of England are predicting today it will get worse if the UK votes to leave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36273448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Fear of the unknown, perhaps??

There would have to be some sort of adjustment period, it's a faith-based given.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I think Darren is right there it is fear of the unknown, we don't quite know what will happen of we leave but if we sat stationary if we did get to leave then it will fall down, Britain has been a driving force for so many years I truthfully don't believe we would just let our country fall apart